October 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

This is the perfect bronzer for me. I have the medium one. It gives me a healthy glow and doesn't make me look orange. It's a bit sheer, but I'm somewhat heavy handed, so it works for me. It has the perfect amount of shimmer as well, just enough. It's also talc free and free of other harsh chemicals. Everything tends to make me break out, so I have to be really careful of what I put on my face. The only things I hated about this are the packaging and the brush. The brush is useless. It's scratchy and the bristles fall out very easily. While I appreciate the packaging being more earth friendly, it is very flimsy, and I accidentally ripped it in half. :-( I ended up purchasing and empty compact to put it in so it would have a more sturdy home. Overall, I love this product and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lollaleelu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw this bronzer on sale for 75% off, so I bought it just to try it out. You have to buy the case separately. I generally think this is a good idea to reuse a case if one were to repurchase. However, this is the STINKIEST product ever. I can't even put it on my face to test it out because it is soooo stinky. I put it on my brush, and now my brush is infected with the smell. Excuse me while I go wash it immediately.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MissGlitterCouture

Great bronzer! natural finish, very fine shimmer gives a slight glow.
HOWEVER, the smell is horrible. If they reformulated this product, maybe I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great bronzer but has one major flaw for me. i love the texture, colour and packaging. but i just can't get past the smell. its just not pleasant at all and even though over time i know it may not bother me i can't help thinking that my husband will smell it when he's close.

overall, i think its a high quality product that you really will enjoy if the smell doesn't bother you. i just want my face to smell nice after all the care and attention i give it lol

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by heenan

this is an awsome silky pwder that looks great on my aisan skin...i love the look and feel and the super finely milled shimmer and it isnt too orange or pink toned BUT it smells like dried spit or mild dog butt no joke i am taking it bak asap...if they improve the scent it wud be my favorite of all their bronzers...i got the light

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Starlitsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rarely use bronzer, but just started to think about summer and perhaps contouring my face. I got this $5 coupon from the Physicians formula website (although it didn't actually scan, the employee had to manually put it in for me). So I decided to get one of the MANY bronzers this line offers. I gravitate towards mineral and natural makeup so as to not put too many chemicals on my sensitive and aging skin. I got this in Light, since I'm sort of an NC25, light-medium, asian skin.

At first, I barely noticed a difference, but I was indoor and in dull light. So I put a few more swipes and notice I get a subtle glow, but figured it could have just been a mental thing. I asked my boyfriend to look at me and notice anything different and he immediately said I looked more glow-y and sunkissed all of a sudden. Which is when I knew this was the subtle product I needed for springtime and summer. I hate the bronzers that are too dark or orangey. I don't want someone to notice I have anything on, so this was a perfect shade for me. The Medium shad would have worked too, but I'm okay with layering my current one for more color. It's harder to go the other way around with a product that's already dark. But I can tell Medium wouldn't be too dark even if you're NC25-ish. It's a personal preference really.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This is a great matte bronzer if that is what you are looking for. I sometimes will use a luminizing lotion mixed with foundation for a "dewy" or "glowy" look, and rather than adding more shimmer with my bronzer, as most bronzers have, I use this particular bronzer.

I am NC20-25 and use this in the shade made for Medium skintones. I find that the "Light" is far too light, with an orangey cast, whereas this is more of a tan hue. My skin has not had any adverse reactions to this, but I do need to be sure that I use this only when wearing an oil-controlling primer or foundation, as it does turn orange when mixed with my skin's natural oils. This does last all day, but again, only when worn with an oil-controlling primer or foundation.

The smell....reminds me of crayola crayons. It's not bad, as I'm a mom of toddlers, but not something that is appealing. The packaging is bulky, as it contains a brush and mirror on the underside of the compact. The brush is utterly useless; not sure why companies always include these.

Price paid was $18.99 CDN, which is crazy expensive for a DS product. I will go back in a few days for a price adjustment when it is 40% off. I will not repurchase this as I'm sure there are other alternatives at a much better price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My local drugstore was running a clearance 75% sale on physicians formula and other brands. I really hope the natural items from this brand are not being discontinued. I know that at the full price this may not be everyone's go to drugstore brand. The sale has enticed me to try items from this brand I may have otherwise walked passed because of the price. I love that these products do not have harsh chemicals. I have combination/sensitive skin that tends to be rather oily. This product does not irritate my skin and since I have switched to these natural products and cut back on using other liquid foundations, my skin quality has improved. I bought this bronzer in fair as it did look a bit dark but it looks very natural on the skin. If I am able to rebuy this product, I would perhaps try a shade darker. I am so glad I got this for such a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Canadian_Bacon

This is my absolute favourite bronzer! I have repurchased this more times than I can count. I find it to be somewhat expensive for a drugstore bronzer (22$ CND) , but I prefer it to other department store brands.
I use this everyday all over my face to give me some colour and to brighten up. I always buy the medium one, even though my skin is naturally fair. I find that the lighter ones are not as noticeable.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. After awhile the compact begins to disintegrate, but it doesn't bother me enough to stop buying it.

Another huge plus is that the bronzer is organic, so you do not have to worry about putting the harmful chemicals that are commonly found in other bronzers on your face. This bronzer does not make me breakout and it not shimmery, so you can wear it all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this bronzer, it's not too fake looking and gives me a natural glow even when worn on top of blush. It doesn't look obviously applied, and blends seamlessly with my powder and is nice for brightening the face.