Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.3

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

on 11/8/2012 4:46:00 PM

The lightest shade of this bronzer is perfect for me in the winter, it just gives a nice hint of a glow to my skin to keep me from looking next-to-death when I haven't gotten any sun time. It doesn't make me break out, and I love the little brush too. The packaging did break (it's made out of cardboard), but not where it interfered with the use or preservation of the product. I've been using PF bronzers for the last 10 years, and will definitely purchase again.

on 10/29/2012 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a great bronzer that I love by ELF, but I get really tan in the summer time. I wanted a bronzer that made my face look a little more tan than it was without being orangeish. This bronzer was perfect for getting me really dark without using a lot. It's also great for a matte bronzer with no orange tint and no sparkles (as you know, bronzers are loaded with shimmer) So because of it's uniqueness of no shimmer and a dark shade, I am giving it 3 out of 5 stars. However, it's not the perfect product. I absolutely dislike the packaging. The lid is very flimsy and breaks easily for being priced around $11. I've broke it at least twice, and I am careful about these sort of things. Also, if this bronzer is stored in an area without moisture... it will dry out within the course of a season. I loved it all throughout the humid summer, but once September 21st came around, it got very hard and I had to press my brush against it to really get the color out. I won't complain that much though because it helped me all summer. Hope this helps.

on 2/10/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect bronzer for me. I have the medium one. It gives me a healthy glow and doesn't make me look orange. It's a bit sheer, but I'm somewhat heavy handed, so it works for me. It has the perfect amount of shimmer as well, just enough. It's also talc free and free of other harsh chemicals. Everything tends to make me break out, so I have to be really careful of what I put on my face. The only things I hated about this are the packaging and the brush. The brush is useless. It's scratchy and the bristles fall out very easily. While I appreciate the packaging being more earth friendly, it is very flimsy, and I accidentally ripped it in half. :-( I ended up purchasing and empty compact to put it in so it would have a more sturdy home. Overall, I love this product and will repurchase when I run out.

on 1/22/2012 9:03:00 PM

I saw this bronzer on sale for 75% off, so I bought it just to try it out. You have to buy the case separately. I generally think this is a good idea to reuse a case if one were to repurchase. However, this is the STINKIEST product ever. I can't even put it on my face to test it out because it is soooo stinky. I put it on my brush, and now my brush is infected with the smell. Excuse me while I go wash it immediately.

Great bronzer! natural finish, very fine shimmer gives a slight glow.
HOWEVER, the smell is horrible. If they reformulated this product, maybe I would repurchase.

This is a great bronzer but has one major flaw for me. i love the texture, colour and packaging. but i just can't get past the smell. its just not pleasant at all and even though over time i know it may not bother me i can't help thinking that my husband will smell it when he's close.

overall, i think its a high quality product that you really will enjoy if the smell doesn't bother you. i just want my face to smell nice after all the care and attention i give it lol

on 4/8/2011 10:57:00 AM

this is an awsome silky pwder that looks great on my aisan skin...i love the look and feel and the super finely milled shimmer and it isnt too orange or pink toned BUT it smells like dried spit or mild dog butt no joke i am taking it bak asap...if they improve the scent it wud be my favorite of all their bronzers...i got the light

on 3/27/2011 3:47:00 PM

I rarely use bronzer, but just started to think about summer and perhaps contouring my face. I got this $5 coupon from the Physicians formula website (although it didn't actually scan, the employee had to manually put it in for me). So I decided to get one of the MANY bronzers this line offers. I gravitate towards mineral and natural makeup so as to not put too many chemicals on my sensitive and aging skin. I got this in Light, since I'm sort of an NC25, light-medium, asian skin.

At first, I barely noticed a difference, but I was indoor and in dull light. So I put a few more swipes and notice I get a subtle glow, but figured it could have just been a mental thing. I asked my boyfriend to look at me and notice anything different and he immediately said I looked more glow-y and sunkissed all of a sudden. Which is when I knew this was the subtle product I needed for springtime and summer. I hate the bronzers that are too dark or orangey. I don't want someone to notice I have anything on, so this was a perfect shade for me. The Medium shad would have worked too, but I'm okay with layering my current one for more color. It's harder to go the other way around with a product that's already dark. But I can tell Medium wouldn't be too dark even if you're NC25-ish. It's a personal preference really.

on 1/13/2011 8:24:00 PM

This is a great matte bronzer if that is what you are looking for. I sometimes will use a luminizing lotion mixed with foundation for a "dewy" or "glowy" look, and rather than adding more shimmer with my bronzer, as most bronzers have, I use this particular bronzer.

I am NC20-25 and use this in the shade made for Medium skintones. I find that the "Light" is far too light, with an orangey cast, whereas this is more of a tan hue. My skin has not had any adverse reactions to this, but I do need to be sure that I use this only when wearing an oil-controlling primer or foundation, as it does turn orange when mixed with my skin's natural oils. This does last all day, but again, only when worn with an oil-controlling primer or foundation.

The smell....reminds me of crayola crayons. It's not bad, as I'm a mom of toddlers, but not something that is appealing. The packaging is bulky, as it contains a brush and mirror on the underside of the compact. The brush is utterly useless; not sure why companies always include these.

Price paid was $18.99 CDN, which is crazy expensive for a DS product. I will go back in a few days for a price adjustment when it is 40% off. I will not repurchase this as I'm sure there are other alternatives at a much better price point.

on 1/11/2011 7:50:00 PM

My local drugstore was running a clearance 75% sale on physicians formula and other brands. I really hope the natural items from this brand are not being discontinued. I know that at the full price this may not be everyone's go to drugstore brand. The sale has enticed me to try items from this brand I may have otherwise walked passed because of the price. I love that these products do not have harsh chemicals. I have combination/sensitive skin that tends to be rather oily. This product does not irritate my skin and since I have switched to these natural products and cut back on using other liquid foundations, my skin quality has improved. I bought this bronzer in fair as it did look a bit dark but it looks very natural on the skin. If I am able to rebuy this product, I would perhaps try a shade darker. I am so glad I got this for such a steal.

Popular Bronzers