August 20, 2014 | 1608 users online

Liquid - Cle de Peau - Refining Fluid Foundation SPF 24

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a fantastic foundation. It leaves my skin glowing and natural yet providing me with enough coverage to hide imperfections. I like to apply this with my fingers and it just melts into my skin, I don't get that heavy, mask-like feeling when I wear this foundation. I wear O10 for my NC20 skintone. It also lasts me the whole day and looks great in pictures too. This is the next best thing I found since my HG Teint Innocence was d/c. I would say this foundation and the one from Sisley is one of my top favourites. I prefer wearing this if I want a tad bit heavier coverage to hide imperfections and for a more sheer coverage I love my Sisley liquid foundation. Am in love with these two foundations. Will definitely rebuy them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by daphlia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this product! I have to say it is the best foundation that I've ever had. I have very dry skin but this product leaves on my skin very soft and silky. It just gives you enough coverage that you can wear this everyday and not too heavy. The first day when I had this on, one of my friends asked me about what product that I used because it makes my skin glow in a very natural way! Despite its steep price, I would definitely purchase again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely sensitive combination-dry skin and this foundation is my holy grail! The consistency of this foundation is very lightweight and fluid yet the coverage can be described as sheer to medium. Don't be fooled by the thin consistency of the foundation. Some people call it CdP's 'tinted moisturiser' but in my opinion that is not an accurate description of this product. This product easily blows LM's TM out of the water any time!

This foundation manages to cover my flaws (I don't have many except for the occasional odd breakout and broken capilaries on my face) but at the same time looking ultra natural. I also find that I do not necessarily need a separate undereye concealer when I wear this foundation. Also, a little really goes a long way! You only need one pump to cover your whole face.

This foundation also contains some shimmery particles in it to give the complexion a luminous glow. As with all CdP foundations' shade system, this foundation comes in a chroma of 3 different shades; I - Ivory, B - Beige and O - Ochre. I wear this foundation in the shade I10 and it is a 100% match for my NC15-20 asian skintone. I have never ever came across a foundation that matches me better than this one. The only downside of this foundation is the price. At USD120 for 30ml this foundation is extremely expensive but I do believe that you get what you pay for and that I would much rather spend on one excellent product than on a few mediocre products.

I usually set this with a dusting of loose powder but I do still notice that it tends to fade by the end of the day. It does not bother me but for those looking for a long lasting foundation this might not be the best choice. Because this foundation is rather moisturizing I would not recommend it to those with oily skins. All in all this is an excellent foundation and I would definitely repurchase this when I run out.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

again, this company has created a perfect product. This with the concealer and I don't need anything else on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by fornight

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is a nice foundation but not as long lasting as it should be - considering the price. I don't find it so good that it is the best choice out there for liquid foundation.

I think there are similar quality with cheaper price tag that I can get. I will not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

This stuff is unbelievable. The most perfect finish and on me a perfect match in B20. I have both yellow in red in my skin and find that usually foudations look too pink or to sallow. This foundation covers well, and seemingly miraculously allows your skin to show through, but greatly improved. Pores are tighter, dark spots disapear. I wear it over my Avene spf 50 emulsion and there is no heavy or sticky feeling, even after hours in the sun. The coverage is sheer and yet completely present and lasts over 10 hours. I don't care that it costs a fortune. It will save me oodles on other products because this is pretty much all I need from now on. Talk about holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Lesa63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after my foundation line was discontinued I came across this in my search- LOVE IT!
My skin is at home in this I wear shade B20- really the best foundation I have ever used. I also go to my capture totale foundation - which is different but also very good- however this CLP foundation is fabulous- I wear my capture totale serum and cream and primer under and apply this with my fingers for a fuller coverage and use the CLP loose powder the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by laraffinee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is the absolute best foundation i have ever used. After about 10 bottles of every other highly rated brand in all price ranges, I finally decided to plunk down the cash for this foundation. I had been avoiding it because I thought the price was obscene. This foundation makes me look perfectly radiant. I do have good skin, but I can get a bit red, especially at events with a lot of hustle and bustle, and this keeps my skin looking calm and beautiful. I don't know how they do it, but it allows my skin to glow thorough, while giving it a uniform look. No other foundation that I have ever tired has been able to do this - this stuff is amazing! I like the pump bottle too, because it travels well. This is definitely my Holy Grail foundation. Yes, I wish it was less expensive, but I find it worth every penny. I use shade B20 and I have light/medium skin - it looks better than the custom blend I had made for me at the now defunct Prescriptives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Per Paula Begoun's critique:

PROS: titanium dioxide provides sufficient sun protection; smooth, fluid texture that blends well and sets to a satin-matte finish with a hint of luminescence; water/silicone-based foundation best suited for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin;

CONS: cost ($118) and limited access (sold only in select department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue); Paula warns that B10 is too peach and B20 is slightly peach.

GOOD2KNOW:
the color code: Each shade is prefaced with either a B (for Beige); an O (for ocher) an I (possibly for Ivory???).

Also, this (like most all foundations) wears better if you prime the skin beforehand with a skin-appropriate moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, or primer etc. You gotta put something under it.

Reference: Age 39. My skintone is in the family of MAC NW20. The SA recommended I try O20. I could ALMOST pull this off, but alas, it was too yellow for me. If someone with as much pink in her skin as me can almost wear this yellow-based color, I would say O20 is definitely a neutral, wearable, natural-looking, yellow-based shade without going too yellow. Dewey finish that doesn't turn colors or oxidize. Coverage is light to medium.

Yes, I would repurchase upon finding the right shade for me, which I believe I could do without any interference from an SA.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by redsnapper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I like this foundation, I wish that it were just a little less pink. The packaging is great and the product has a nice finish and texture. I like a dewy smooth foundation which makes my skin look flawless without appearing "masky". I also love the Amore Pacific foundation in the jar(Skin Renewal)