Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation SPF 24

4.3

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 4.9%, Titanium Dioxide 7.9%, Inactive ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Peg-6, Peg-32, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tocopherol Acetate, Polyquaternium-51, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysilicone-2, Alcohol, Polyquaternium-51, BHT, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Fragrance, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 7/13/2012 10:55:00 PM

Ahhh-mazing! I don't know why I have waited so long to try this foundation. Erstwhile, I've tried the majority of both high-end and drugstore brands, only to find that nothing was really perfect. If I found a good formula, I couldn't get a good color match, and vice versa.

About my skin: I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone. For the most part, my skin is clear, but I have a couple of dark pigmentation spots and underye circles that need coverage. My skintone is light-neutral, sometimes veering on the more golden side. For reference, I am about NC20 in MAC, though it is a tad yellow for me. Other shades that are a decent match are Chantecaille Alabaster (though a hair too pale), and Chanel BR23. (In Chanel's "B" line, B10 can be too ashy for me, and B20 too yellow.) In Armani LSF, I am between #4 and #4.5. In MUFE HD, I am between 117 and 118.

Anyway, I've been a big fan of the CdP concealer for years (use it in Ivory), so when I stopped by the counter to get a replacement, I decided to look st their foundations.

Refining Fluid Foundation comes in 8 shades. I was matched to O10 which is a perfect match for my skin - really blends right in. The extremely fair as well as those who have more tan and chestnut complexions will not be able to find a match, unfortunately.

The bottle is a dark blue plastic with a pump, and there is a small window in the back so you can tell when you are getting low. The packaging is both sanitary and ideal for travel, so thumbs up on it.

The texture is good - feels very lightweight and non-greasy, and really melts seamlessly into the skin. The coverage is about medium, so I still need a bit of concealer on my spots and undereye circles, but it really evens out the complexion on its own. I use one full pump (about dime size) on my entire face.

The finish is a natural satin - not dewy, and not matte. It seems like there may be some reflective particles, but they are very fine and not noticeable, so you won't feel like you're wearing glitter or the remnants of a disco ball.

This foundation features SPF 24 with a part titanium dioxide sunscreen, so it probably would not fare well in flash photography, but I have not yet tried that. In natural and fluorescent light, it looks very natural.

My favorite part of this is how long-lasting on the skin it is, while not feeling like you have anything on your face. The first time I tried this, it was 95 degrees outside and humid, so I expected it to melt off my face or at least leave me looking like a greasy mess, but after several hours of sweating, my skin still looked fresh.

Overall, this is a must-have for me, and even though it is super pricey ($120 - gulp!), the results are so phenomenal, I can't imagine being without it! continued >>

on 1/28/2012 12:26:00 PM

I've worn this foundation for the last two years. I've gone through two bottles. My last bottle just ran out. For now, I am in search of a cheaper dupe. Not sure if there is such a thing, because this truly gives me a great glow. I'm very fair and the B10 seems to match well. (a tad dark to be picky but I was matched to this shade) It's like a tinted moisturizer with extra coverage. I switched off between this and double wear (my thicker foundation) because some days I prefer lighter coverage than other days.

I do get compliments when I wear this foundation. I've worn it on top of Mac's strobe cream and it really gives you that hollywood glow.

It costs over $100 and I've never purchased a pricier foundation. It's really ridiculous!

on 1/12/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a fantastic foundation. It leaves my skin glowing and natural yet providing me with enough coverage to hide imperfections. I like to apply this with my fingers and it just melts into my skin, I don't get that heavy, mask-like feeling when I wear this foundation. I wear O10 for my NC20 skintone. It also lasts me the whole day and looks great in pictures too. This is the next best thing I found since my HG Teint Innocence was d/c. I would say this foundation and the one from Sisley is one of my top favourites. I prefer wearing this if I want a tad bit heavier coverage to hide imperfections and for a more sheer coverage I love my Sisley liquid foundation. Am in love with these two foundations. Will definitely rebuy them both.

on 8/1/2011 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i LOVE this product! I have to say it is the best foundation that I've ever had. I have very dry skin but this product leaves on my skin very soft and silky. It just gives you enough coverage that you can wear this everyday and not too heavy. The first day when I had this on, one of my friends asked me about what product that I used because it makes my skin glow in a very natural way! Despite its steep price, I would definitely purchase again.

on 7/21/2011 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have extremely sensitive combination-dry skin and this foundation is my holy grail! The consistency of this foundation is very lightweight and fluid yet the coverage can be described as sheer to medium. Don't be fooled by the thin consistency of the foundation. Some people call it CdP's 'tinted moisturiser' but in my opinion that is not an accurate description of this product. This product easily blows LM's TM out of the water any time!

This foundation manages to cover my flaws (I don't have many except for the occasional odd breakout and broken capilaries on my face) but at the same time looking ultra natural. I also find that I do not necessarily need a separate undereye concealer when I wear this foundation. Also, a little really goes a long way! You only need one pump to cover your whole face.

This foundation also contains some shimmery particles in it to give the complexion a luminous glow. As with all CdP foundations' shade system, this foundation comes in a chroma of 3 different shades; I - Ivory, B - Beige and O - Ochre. I wear this foundation in the shade I10 and it is a 100% match for my NC15-20 asian skintone. I have never ever came across a foundation that matches me better than this one. The only downside of this foundation is the price. At USD120 for 30ml this foundation is extremely expensive but I do believe that you get what you pay for and that I would much rather spend on one excellent product than on a few mediocre products.

I usually set this with a dusting of loose powder but I do still notice that it tends to fade by the end of the day. It does not bother me but for those looking for a long lasting foundation this might not be the best choice. Because this foundation is rather moisturizing I would not recommend it to those with oily skins. All in all this is an excellent foundation and I would definitely repurchase this when I run out.

on 1/27/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

again, this company has created a perfect product. This with the concealer and I don't need anything else on my skin.

on 9/2/2010 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It is a nice foundation but not as long lasting as it should be - considering the price. I don't find it so good that it is the best choice out there for liquid foundation.

I think there are similar quality with cheaper price tag that I can get. I will not repurchase it.

on 8/30/2010 8:11:00 AM

This stuff is unbelievable. The most perfect finish and on me a perfect match in B20. I have both yellow in red in my skin and find that usually foudations look too pink or to sallow. This foundation covers well, and seemingly miraculously allows your skin to show through, but greatly improved. Pores are tighter, dark spots disapear. I wear it over my Avene spf 50 emulsion and there is no heavy or sticky feeling, even after hours in the sun. The coverage is sheer and yet completely present and lasts over 10 hours. I don't care that it costs a fortune. It will save me oodles on other products because this is pretty much all I need from now on. Talk about holy grail.

on 5/2/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

after my foundation line was discontinued I came across this in my search- LOVE IT!
My skin is at home in this I wear shade B20- really the best foundation I have ever used. I also go to my capture totale foundation - which is different but also very good- however this CLP foundation is fabulous- I wear my capture totale serum and cream and primer under and apply this with my fingers for a fuller coverage and use the CLP loose powder the best!

on 4/29/2010 4:34:00 PM

This foundation is the absolute best foundation i have ever used. After about 10 bottles of every other highly rated brand in all price ranges, I finally decided to plunk down the cash for this foundation. I had been avoiding it because I thought the price was obscene. This foundation makes me look perfectly radiant. I do have good skin, but I can get a bit red, especially at events with a lot of hustle and bustle, and this keeps my skin looking calm and beautiful. I don't know how they do it, but it allows my skin to glow thorough, while giving it a uniform look. No other foundation that I have ever tired has been able to do this - this stuff is amazing! I like the pump bottle too, because it travels well. This is definitely my Holy Grail foundation. Yes, I wish it was less expensive, but I find it worth every penny. I use shade B20 and I have light/medium skin - it looks better than the custom blend I had made for me at the now defunct Prescriptives.