Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

My fave all time foundation is regular doublewear with a slight gripe of shade match not perfect so on advice decided to try this. I'm v fair cool toned and the lightest in this 05 is a terrific match..it is a fair bit lighter texture than regular DW so if you really need full coverage stick with that but if medium will do you then this is a really lovely foundation. Not as mask like as regular DW can be but lasts every bit as well..definitely worth a try

Light yet long wearing. How awesome can this get? Before this, my daily foundation was the original double wear. That foundation is still my holy grail but I find it rather heavy for normally days and I hate the packaging. So for days where I didn't want to look to "made up" I was using UD Naked foundation. That one is also good just that I realize at mid day, when I use a tissue to blot my face, the make up comes off. That isn't cute. So, as I was repurchase my Double Wear, I saw this! Double Wear Light! I was so eager to try it! I love how it looked like my skin but better and how light it is! Best of all, it doesn't comes off when I use tissue to blot my face! I normally would use a damp Beauty Blender to blend everything in and it has a medium coverage. I don't really want a full coverage from this though cos this is for days I don't wanna look "made up". However, I don't like the packaging. The foundation is too runny and it will always leak out from the tube and make a mess in my bag. So I kept the original box and keep the foundation upside down in the box so that it doesn't leak out. This

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is acceptable to say that estee lauder really does keep up to it's very high standards in the competitive high designer brand make up market. The double wear foundation is now something that almost represents them. I loved this foundation and had few negative things to say about it, but enough negative to not give it a full marker.

The packaging (in england it comes in a glass bottle and not a squeezy tube so this is what I'll be basing my review on) is absolutely beautiful, the glass bottle may not make it convenient for travel but it looks sleek and tidy on the make up desk as I'm sure OCD people would agree. I tried this foundation because many people were raving about it back at Christmas 2014 and I loved it. A little goes a long way with this product so it is such a shame that it doesn't have a pump as I find I waste so much product!

The liquid is extremely runny and glides over the face due to its texture. Its poury nature CAN run the risk of a cakey look but that is just due to excess product and not the average pea sized amount you should use (this foundation has lasted me 5 months). However, this is where the negative comes on: the foundation sets very fast. If you have not used the appropriate brushes to buff this all over the face you're at risk of some hideous tide lines!! However, due to its setting abilities you do not need a setting powder for this foundation and it will last all day/all night, I think it exceeds its 16 hour wear claim. The only other disadvantage is personal and that is that this is very matte whereas I prefer a dew finish, so be aware of that when buying.

I would recommend this product to those who can apply makeup correctly with the right brushes and also to buy a pump just to spare money, as this foundation is expensive to top up but you really do pay for high quality! The product smells quite odd and strong, almost like paint, but the smell does not bother once applied.

WELL DONE ESTEE, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very oily & acne-prone, NC20-25, neutral-toned, I use the shade:2.0.
There are only limited shades available, I was lucky to find a decent match for my skin tone. Semi-Matte finish, decent oil-control, no breakouts, hides redness well, doesn't get patchy. You might need a concealer for really bad breakouts, for mild marks, this will do. If you have oily skin, this is perfect. For drier skin, use a moisturizer first.

Double Wear Light? More lightweight than the original Double Wear but this isn't exactly light coverage. This is more medium-almost full coverage especially if you use a brush but it still feels light on your skin. You have to use very little amount and blend well to achieve light coverage with this. It might look cakey and streaky if you layer too much.

This is not the most reliable foundation since it is somewhat tricky to use, it can go on beautifully but can be streaky when applied wrong. There will be a difference when you are applying it in a hot/cold/humid/dry area. Sweat is not your friend especially while applying this. You have to experiment whether it works best with your fingers, a beauty blender, or brush on your skin.

For me, I find that using a beauty blender for medium coverage or a flat foundation brush works well to give me almost full coverage. I still have to be careful to apply it per area since it can be hard to blend if it dries on your skin a bit. I didn't like it at first but when I found the right way to apply it on my skin type, it turned out to be one of my favorite foundations.

For higher SPF and suitable for oily skin, try Shiseido Sun Liquid Foundation. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation was a godsend for me back in April (this year) when I was suffering from hellacious hormonal acne and needed an oil-free foundation that covered pretty well without being too greasy, heavy, or cakey. This foundation still lets me skin 'breathe,' seriously stays put after a long day, and has never broken me out. I am still using it today, but the coverage is feeling a bit heavy now that my acne has cleared up. I haven't found a lighter alternative though, so I will continue to use it.

I only have two small problems with this foundation. First, it can be too dry for my combo/dry skin. It will accentuate my dry patches if I lay it on too thick or if I haven't moisturized adequately. Secondly, it leans a little more matte than I usually prefer, but I deal with that by layering on a bit of highlighter. And overall, the finish is still quite natural while providing good coverage, which is why I love it so much.

Nice as a day foundation. Not enough coverage for me and spf 10 is so pointless

I have been using this since they re-formulated the original double wear which started causing acne. I love this product! It works well over almost all creams and doesn't require a setting powder if you don't want to use one. It provides a great base for blush and eye-shadow and seems to help them to set. It dries very quickly but not so much that you cannot blend it. When my skin is dry it does emphasize that problem so when that happens I mix with with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and problem solved. Unfortunately EL has discontinued the mineral powder in this same line which I paired for a flawless look but I will continue to purchase this nonetheless.

Great foundation that lasts all day. I have dry skin and it applies matte without clinging to any dry patches. It lasts all day and the packaging is brilliant and stops excess foundation being wasted. You have to use a brush to blend this into your skin and I would recommend putting on a moisturizer before applying the foundation so that it glides across your skin more easily. Great product though. Would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have repurchased this foundation for over 3 years now! This is my favourite foundation, and I'm yet to find anything that beats it! It provides me with a light to medium coverage, easy to build to a more full coverage. I do not like applying this with a brush, I find that it doesn't blend easily. I use my fingers or the Real Techniques sponge to apply and it is close to flawless. I highly recommend this liquid in summer, or for people with combination to oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

My cousin (who does drag queen makeup) gave me this as a gift for my birthday in the shade Intensity 4.0, which is like four shades darker than my skintone, so I could do contour on my face. I have to say it blends beautifully on top of BB cream or foundation, and blended with a sponge. I get very natural results with this and I love how the formula just sinks in with the skin and doesn't cause me breakouts. I want to purchase one of these but with my same skintone shade!