April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

I didnt liek this product, first the colour was too dark for me and it was more of an orange based colour which oxidises with your skin and makes me look orange and dark and greasy!

I didnt like the other colour selections as they do not cater too well for different coloured asian skins..

I was sold by the oil free and non pore blocking and 15 hour staying power but dont think it achieved this at all.

I wouldn't re purchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cebaker07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this DW at the suggestion of a representative when I noticed DW was too drying for my skin this winter. I got this and the DW powder because I do like a more medium-full coverage. I would say this is light, perhaps medium coverage depending on the way you apply it. I would not say it is build able; like DW, once it is set, it is set. It does have a little more flexibility on getting it blended in than DW since it doesn't dry as fast, but it still isn't too forgiving. I use a blender brush (Real Techniques) and add DW powder on the spots where I want a little more coverage.

This foundation photographs very well! It also stays put and is resistant-proof for nearly the 12 hours. I have tried MANY foundations on my search for my HG and this might be it for Spring, Summer and Fall.

The downside, though is that this formula can still be drying - especially in the winter. Unfortunately, even with extra moisturizer, I still notice it cracks a little or settles into creases because of the extreme cold. Also, like the DW, once this is set, don't try to touch up your face by removing foundation since it will be obvious where you tried to do that (though not as much as with DW). I do plan on returning to this product once the weather changes again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by pandah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product from Macy's. If I didn't see the sales associate squeeze a sample from the double wear light tube w my own eyes I woulda thought she gave me double wear max.

Pros:
It does last all day
Great for oily skin
Medium coverage

Cons:
Way too matte for combo or dry skin
Goes on really thick, more thick than the regular double wear (to my surprise)
Needs to be carefully blended otherwise looks cakey

I have combo skin and this just didn't work for me. It made my skin look dry and wrinkly. If you have oily skin, you may like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Livinginhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gives my skin a nice even skin tone and lasts the whole day. The foundation Intensity 1.0 is quite a pale formula so I do put a fair amount of blusher on to give some colour. Its quite a lightweight foundation (I've tried a sample of their heavier full coverage foundation but it made me look older). Its worth getting a couple of samples from the beauty counter to try at home first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by stephiet1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does last all day, it is true, but beware if you have very dry skin like mine, as it seems to settle into a cake-like mask and emphasizes every imperfection and fine line. No matter what product I use under this, nothing seems to help.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Nicole555

This is the only liquid makeup I will use on my face. The consistency is amazing, not too thick that it will look cakey and not too thin that it won't give coverage. The color matches my skin perfect and as I said it has a light consistency, so I don't have to use it all over my face for it to look even. I only use it on problem areas and areas of redness, and then I put bare minerals powder over it just to give me some color, and it never looks cakey. I'd say this product is more like a bb cream rather than foundation, but gives more coverage obviously. In the past i've only used bb creams because my skin isn't that bad and I hate the feeling of liquid makeup, but i've found that bb creams don't give that much coverage so I switched to this product. It gives me a really even complexion and doesn't break me out! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After having gone through a few bottles of Lancome 24 Hour....and being disappointed with the colors, which turned on me after a few hours: I tried a sample of this and I am So Pleased with the #1 (I see there is a lighter one available, .05, I think) as it is neutral: not something I ever found with EL foundations before. Not drying, for me, as I use CeraVe lotion first: and it still lasts all day - I do not even have time at work to repair my face: barely time to re-apply lipstick....the other plus is that I can carry it with along with me with no fear of breakage, spills etc: although I plan to just re-fill the little sample bottle. Estee Lauder is impressing more lately. I am off Bobbi Brown...and Laura Mercier, so expensive...too far to drive....
edit: no this does not work at all well for me....wish it did. oh well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didnt cover my acne scarring, slides off my face. Sticking to my hg original dw

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by flproctor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best coverage and nicest finish of any foundation I have tried that is a "light" formula. It really wears beautifully and at the end of the day, my makeup still looks almost as good as it did when I left in the morning. I do use it with a moisturizer and the EL primer that came with the kit. Have not tried it without a primer. I also like the EL concealer that came with it. I apply this with a soft stippling brush or a damp sponge and prefer these over using my fingers. I set only my T zone with a bit of light powder. This foundation grabs blush and bronzer and it stays put. I enjoy the soft matte finish of it and it feels very soft on the skin. Does not feel like you are wearing foundation. I wish it were not so expensive but I will repurchase it, as I have yet to find a foundation I like as much as I like this one. I a in my late 40's and have tried just about every foundation out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by KateRR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation on special offer at an airport. I immediately thought it was my holy grail foundation as the coverage was excellent and the colour matched my skin very well. Although I didn't put two and two together at the time, during the course of the two years I was using it, I developed bad cystic acne.

At the time, I put it down to coming off the pill (which to be fair prob. affected things a but). After spending a lot of money on topicals, different cleaners and nutritionists etc., I read some research that said to try not wearing make up. I did this for a few days (when I was luckily at home alone!) and lo and behold, my complexion cleared up. I tried the foundation again and the acne came back again. I took my most recent purchase of the foundation back to the Estée Lauder counter who were very understanding and have me a credit note even though it was several months ago.

Like other reviewers in here, I think this foundation is not good for those prone to acne which is unfortunate due to its good yet light-feeling coverage. I am now happily living foundation free again. I do still get the occasional pimple at that time of the month but this pales into comparison to what my skin was like when I used the foundation everyday.

Co-incidentally, I still use EL's double wear concealer which doesn't seem to affect my skin at all. Other reviewers here have said the same. I guess it may be due to ingredients.

Overall, a good foundation coverage-wise but WAY not worth it for what it did to my skin.