October 25, 2014 | 1203 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10 [DISCONTINUED]

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Adrianna281

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is amazing, a good foundation BUT it takes a lot of time for it to be blended beautifully. I like to blend it to oblivion to give me that porcelain look but still natural. It takes me about 20 minutes, it dries quickly so better work fast. It's a powder finish, and does stays put throughout the day. My only issue with this product is that you have to choose the right brush for it to be blended well, takes a lot of time ( A LOT), and makes the pores visible on my nose if I don't buff it for a good 10 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by theartyard

The funny thing about this foundation is it grows on you. After using this foundation, I do find myself coming back to this one. HOWEVER, whilst this foundation has many great points, there are a few things that I dislike about it which is enough to make me want to change to a different foundation.

PROS:
    -Looks natural: Granted, this is one of the best things about this foundation. It looks like your own skin and doesn't cake.
    -Colour match: This will depend on what your skin tone is but for me, I love the colour. I wear it in 0.5 and although I wish there was a shade slightly more warm-toned to suit my Asian skin, this suits my colour better than any foundation.
    -Oil Control: This does have better oil control than a lot of my other foundations, however its oil control does not trump Revlon Colorstay's (old formula)
    -Packaging: squeezy-bottle where product is dispensed from a nozzle- I like it because it reduces contamination

Ok so why would I want to change to a different foundation you might ask?

CONS:
    Not build-able coverage: I have acne-prone skin and when I try to build up coverage in certain areas, you just can't. Same problem with covering redness.

The existing layer of foundation on the skin gets wiped away by my beautyblender (this doesn't happen with other foundations) and because this foundation stays put, these horrible patchy areas stay that way and you can't build foundation on top.It ruins an entire face of makeup. Also, concealer doesn't sit well on top of this foundation. So basically, if I want to build up coverage, this product does NOT work for me.

Doesn't cover pores: especially in my nose area, I find this the trickiest place to apply this foundation. The pores really show through.

Time-consuming: because of the coverage issue, this product takes me so long (TOO long) to apply. I have to be extremely careful when using this to ensure I apply it correctly. This is the key reason stopping me from repurchasing because it takes me at least 30 mins to apply. It's a shame because when applied well, this product does look good on the face.

Expensive: you really don't get a lot of product for what you pay for

Oil Control- like I said before, the oil control is good compared to other foundations. However, I don't like to touch up and at the end of the day I find this product slides around my nose area and where my glasses sit on my nose. I apply it at 9am and by 6.30 p.m I want to wash the foundation off my face.

Breakouts: I cannot say for sure if this is the cause of my breakouts but I do notice my skin becomes less clear after using this, so acne-prone people please be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by cher101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation! Though it took me a while to realize this :). I was wearing Chanel Vitalumiere for a couple of years. At first I thought the Chanel was great because I had slightly dry skin in the winter months. However, I started to develop surface acne on a regular basis. I tried a sample of Double Wear Light in the winter but for some reason, went back to the Chanel. Anyway, in total, it took me about 2 years of using this Chanel foundation to realize it was part of my skin problem. I was coming home from work at night with an oily messy face. Every night I had new breakouts. About a month ago I decided to pull out the Double Wear Light sample again and this time I realized how awesome it is! I used the rest of the sample for a week, with no new breakouts. I decided to purchase a bottle. It has been a month and my breakouts have stopped, I do not come home with an oily mess on my face, my make-up stays put all day, and my skin looks so much better. The Chanel vitalumiere was exentuating my flaws whereas the Double Wear Light does a perfect job of hiding my flaws, while not looking at all unnatural or cakey. I wear Intensity 3 which is a perfect colour match for my medium, olivey complexion. Love love love this foundation!!! I am so happy I made the switch and that my skin is finally clear again. The only downside to this foundation: you have to work it into your skin quickly as it dries fast and also when it is difficult to wash off at night. Overall, highly recommend this for acne-prone, oily or combo skin and for those who want decent coverage without a cakey look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by BamBlastBoom

Being super oily, so far this is my favourite foundation.

I used to wear DW or Revlon Colourstay but they were just too thick and DW was way too hard to spread out for me without getting overlaps/patches, even with moisturiser applied underneath.

This is basically the same as DW in my opinion, however its less thick and dries a bit slower.

You should NEVER buy this if you have dry skin, or a lot of skin flakes, as it is a drying foundation.

If you apply it wrong without moisturiser underneath you will also most likely get a dry powdery look (like the woman in the pictures) but done right it looks amazing and last for ages. (I wore this an entire day to an amusement park in hot humid weather) and it looked great even after 9 hours.

Also since it dries its crucial you get it in the exact colour of your skin otherwise it will be noticeable so get a sample and let a patch dry on your skin before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Makeupliebe

This foundation matches my fair skin tone perfectly. The foundation feels light on my face and looks natural and clean. I would definitely recommend this foundation for anyone with clear skin that just needs to be evened out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I thought this could be my saviour but it was not. It feels light on the skin but it is cakey. Bit hard to spread. I don't like the powdery stuff on my face because you could see I am wearing make up. I want a healthy glow not a powdered face that looks weird.
    Didn't cover my pores on my nose and it looked terrible on a pimple.
    The colour was on the yellow side for my fair skin, not that terrible but you could still see it and I tried the lightest shade.
    Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Claudia2014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I have FINALLY found my HG foundation
    I have an oily T zone but dry cheeks. I have also have sensitive fair skin
    This foundation lasts on me all day, and by that I mean 10 hours +
    It is winter here in Australia but I suspect this foundation will perform just as well in Summer - I may just need to powder again during the day. At the moment in the cooler weather I only use powder to set it when I first apply it.
    I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin - go get a sample and give it a go
    This foundation is on the pricier side but after 10 + years of searching for something I really like and spending between $20 and $120 on different foundations I really couldnt care less about the price because it doesnt break up and slide all over my face or enlarge my pores

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Meech25

Wow!!!
    I have super oily skin and 3 hours into the day my nose usually gets oily and by the end my makeup usually oxidizes.
    I put this foundation on at 8 in the morning (keep in mind it's summer time and I work in a restaurant) and at 10 pm it still looked great!!! It helped keep my blush on and my skin oil free!!
    I'm in total shock!!
    I don't know that I would reccomend this for dry or normal skin, this is a good one for oily to combo skin people.
    I applied with a beauty blender and I didn't feel that it was cakey at all. I highly reccomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ibeforee

omg I love this stuff!! I started off with the regular double wear but at times it could get a bit cakey on me so I decided to try this after hearing good things and I am blown away. it has the staying power of the regular double wear, slightly less coverage but looks like your skin and stays in place. this is light to medium coverage foundation that makes you look polished and lovely. plus it's a squeeze tube that is practical and easy to control the amount you want (unlike the pump-less bottle that the regular one comes in) all in all I would say try this if you love the double wear but are looking to go just a tad more natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Compared to DW, this DWLight is very easy to blend and to match to your skintone. It seems to be more creamy and soft .... almost the feeling of a BB cream, but with more pigment and less moisture. Whereas DW is more like a thick liquid.

It feels lightweight on skin. It is a satin-matte finish, so it leaves a very natural skin-like finish, which is nice. I'd say medium coverage. I find using my fingers to apply gives me the greatest amount of control and blendability .... seems to almost melt between fingertips and face, melding into skin creating a very natural finish. It absorbs oil fairly well. Of course, I always recommend setting any foundation with loose powder, and this is no different. Setting with powder will greatly enhance the amount of time you will get of oil control.

Colors are very forgiving, unlike DW which needs to be perfect.

Intensity 0.5 is good for the lightest skintones ... DW colors 1w1, 1n1 and 1c1 will all do well. As well as mac nc/nw 10-15.

Intensity 1.0 and 2.0 seem very similar in color, with Intensity 1.0 being a tad more pink, and Intensity 2.0 being a tad more yellow (and just a teeny tiny bit darker). Mac nc/nw 20-25 would be either Intensity 1.0 or 2.0.

Intensity 3.0 looks to be about mac nc/nw 30-35.

This foundation wears well and does not oxidize on me during the day. I wear Estee Lauder Blemish Serum underneath. I can get a good 4-5 hours before I have to blot my t-zone, which is really good for me as my t-zone gets super oily super quickly. It does not cake or separate on me. Does well with sweat, heat and humidity. I think I may actually like this more than DW. It feels lighter and nicer, and does not seem as mask-like or as heavy as DW.

I find DWLight is also particularly flattering for acne prone skin.

Usually foundations will tend to highlight acne by clinging to acne spots, making any dryness or flakes look 10x worse, caking up around acne spots and/or making skin look more bumpy and uneven/rough in texture and making pores look huge. I hate that. It's like in their effort to cover acne, cosmetic companies create skin-colored spackle and sell it to us, never considering how bad spackled skin looks.

DWLight is great in that it smoothes over acne like a thin layer of silk while it conceals it. It creates a nice smoooooth surface .... smoothing down any flakes or dryness. And the satin-matte finish mimics the look of healthy skin, so after it smoothes over the acne spots, it reflects the look of healthy satiny skin. No cake face. No crazy bumpy texture. I mean, the acne bumps will still be there, but the appearance is lessened and made to look nicer, not worse (which is what most high coverage foundations end up doing). Plus ... add in the good oil control and smudge resistant, sweat resistant staying power .... and you've got a really good foundation for acne. I don't use any primer either - just the Estee Lauder Blemish Serum and then DWLight. And the finish is so smooth and nice ... almost like there's a little primer built in.

Oh, and FYI ... Even though it does not show it on the bottle, both DWLight and DW are spf10. The Estee Lauder sales manager told me that there was a new law passed in the USA that states no makeup with less than spf 15 is allowed to advertise spf on it's label anymore. And that the DWLight spf10 and regular DW spf10 that is sold in Europe and elsewhere is exactly the same as the ones sold in the States. The product sold in the States just can't advertise the spf on the label. We used to be able to, but not anymore. So just FYI .... both the DWLight and DW still have spf10. So that's good!

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No