October 24, 2014 | 908 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I got curious about Becca products, I immediately went for their concealer, my first instinct made me want to try their tinted moisturizer, however right now I have fairly new tube of the new NARS Tinted Moisturizer and put that purchase on my to-get list.

First, I thought this was a similar product to Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage when in fact half of the product has the consistency of Secret Camouflage and the other half is slightly creamier and not as dense (but not as creamy as the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer) in a small compact with a mirror.

First and foremost, the shade range is amazing, I thought my shade was Sherbet but upon application at the store, I found it to be too light and almost in a reverse panda kind of way. If you're interested in a Becca product, definitely try to get matched on the spot otherwise you might be risking a bad experience by not being properly matched. While I'll probably be a much lighter shade in their Tinted Moisturizer, the deep pink tone of Butterscotch (not evident on the compact) does wonders to neutralize my ghastly dark circles. Coverage wise, I have to mix both products to get the coverage I want, I work my brush in the creamier version and then add some of the more dense concealer for fuller coverage, I wouldn't recommend using just the dense concealer to cover dark circles regardless of pigmentation because it well crack no matter how prepped and moisturized the skin is, but if you mix both sides you will get get good coverage with a fairly decent lasting powder that doesn't cake or oxidize.

I do think that it is extremely expensive for a concealer, I have given my share of cash for high-end concealers such as La Prairie, La Mer and Clé de Peau, but I'm wondering how long is this one going to last considering it costs €42.

I am however, incredibly satisfied and want to try more of their skin products to see if they deliver as well as this foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by knicks

This is the only concealer that worked for me, I use honeycomb and for reference in Nars, I use barcelona and bobbi brown, I use warm natural. I have acne scarring and redness. I tried a lot of concealer and this stays put if you set it with power then setting spray. One technique that I use is to use a concealer brush that is as small as the pencil tip and dab it on the blemish or acne scar. Don't spread yet. Wait for a minute for the concealer to set then lightly feather out the concealer with a small fluffy blending brush. Then wait for another minute then set it with powder. With concealers that are think and pigmented, I think you have to let it stay on the skin since the heat of your skin with melt down the product. ( Think of taking out the cheese from the fridge and putting it inside the microwave )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was stunned at the colour selection for this, concealer is something I've never had perfectly matched to my skin before, so this was an amazing find!
As directed, I use the left side for my under eye circles and the right for things that need heavier coverage - and this is heavy! I rarely have to resort to using this side as the left side still hides imperfections quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those products that's worth the price IMO. It comes in so many different colours and tones so you'll be able to find a perfect match for your skin (I got it in sherbert). I bought it from ebeauty.ca for $42: http://bit.ly/vIhkAW (shipping included, Canada only) which makes it probably the most expensive concealer I've tried, but it's also the only one I know I'll repurchase. I love that there are two sides to the compact so you can customize your coverage. This is a great buy for someone who has had trouble finding natural looking concealer that really camouflages imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Kerry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer has a great colour selection, there were several colours that would have worked for my super pale skin, which is unheard of! Usually the lightest shade is way too dark. The drier side works okay to cover acne scars and redness around my nose. The undereye concealer is too heavy and dry for my undereye area, and looks quite cakey after a few hours. I have never found a concealer that is pigmented enough to cover my dark circles but doesn't cake up, so frustrating! I also find that the staying power of both the blemish and undereye concealers is just okay. Overall I was expecting more from such an expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yay, good concealer in my colour!!

I am really pale and usually the lightest colour is far too dark for my skin :( (hair naturally red btw.)

I have this in meringue and the colour is perfection - neutral with a slight yellow undertone just like me :)

I love that you get the medium and heavy coverage in one compact, so useful.

I recently finished my illamasqua concealer and this is SO much creamier and easy to blend. Coverage is also better for my acne scarring and pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for an HG concealer. I have spots, broken caps and a little bit of darkness under my eyes to cover. I was shocked by the colour range - lots of choice which is unusual at the pale end of the cosmetic spectrum. I got it in Praline which is about third or fourth from the lightest, and I'm usually always the lightest shade of most brands. I love the choice of a heavier or lighter coverage. The more opaque one really covers red spots and blemishes well. I found it applied well and stayed for a long time, longer than most concealers. I didn't have a problem with caking under my eyes and I check regularly. The compact is nice and substantial, heavy and the rubbery casing will likely hold up to getting tousled in my purse. Unfortunately, I can only get this online or in the US when I'm visiting. $38 didn't seem outrageous to me, considering it lasts. I've wasted more money in total on worse concealers....MAC, I'm looking at you....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ABCs

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had purchased this on ebay, I think I got it in cashew. The color was too yellow. I used up the creamier half, usually mixing it with a pinker concealer. It was OK but too thick and it did crease. Recently, I used the small amount left in the half-pan, mixing it with Maybelline Mineral Power (?) concealer in 'Cream'.It went on pretty smooth with my finger and then I used a concealer brush. I didn't have a problem with creasing as I had when using it in the past. I might repurchase because of the dense pigment but I am unsure of what color to choose - need a light salmon color.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used tons of concealers: Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clinique, GA, you name it. And I bumped into this. This is not any better, even if it costs a fortune. It has two different textures: one creamier for the undereyes and the other thicker for blemishes and imperfections. It is very easy to blend, does not cake and has a very good coverage. But it lasts 5 minutes . The packaging looks cheap (the rubber gets all dirty). No staying power whatsoever on dry skin and for £30 it is plain baaaaddd.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No