July 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was stunned at the colour selection for this, concealer is something I've never had perfectly matched to my skin before, so this was an amazing find!
As directed, I use the left side for my under eye circles and the right for things that need heavier coverage - and this is heavy! I rarely have to resort to using this side as the left side still hides imperfections quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those products that's worth the price IMO. It comes in so many different colours and tones so you'll be able to find a perfect match for your skin (I got it in sherbert). I bought it from ebeauty.ca for $42: http://bit.ly/vIhkAW (shipping included, Canada only) which makes it probably the most expensive concealer I've tried, but it's also the only one I know I'll repurchase. I love that there are two sides to the compact so you can customize your coverage. This is a great buy for someone who has had trouble finding natural looking concealer that really camouflages imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Kerry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer has a great colour selection, there were several colours that would have worked for my super pale skin, which is unheard of! Usually the lightest shade is way too dark. The drier side works okay to cover acne scars and redness around my nose. The undereye concealer is too heavy and dry for my undereye area, and looks quite cakey after a few hours. I have never found a concealer that is pigmented enough to cover my dark circles but doesn't cake up, so frustrating! I also find that the staying power of both the blemish and undereye concealers is just okay. Overall I was expecting more from such an expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yay, good concealer in my colour!!

I am really pale and usually the lightest colour is far too dark for my skin :( (hair naturally red btw.)

I have this in meringue and the colour is perfection - neutral with a slight yellow undertone just like me :)

I love that you get the medium and heavy coverage in one compact, so useful.

I recently finished my illamasqua concealer and this is SO much creamier and easy to blend. Coverage is also better for my acne scarring and pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for an HG concealer. I have spots, broken caps and a little bit of darkness under my eyes to cover. I was shocked by the colour range - lots of choice which is unusual at the pale end of the cosmetic spectrum. I got it in Praline which is about third or fourth from the lightest, and I'm usually always the lightest shade of most brands. I love the choice of a heavier or lighter coverage. The more opaque one really covers red spots and blemishes well. I found it applied well and stayed for a long time, longer than most concealers. I didn't have a problem with caking under my eyes and I check regularly. The compact is nice and substantial, heavy and the rubbery casing will likely hold up to getting tousled in my purse. Unfortunately, I can only get this online or in the US when I'm visiting. $38 didn't seem outrageous to me, considering it lasts. I've wasted more money in total on worse concealers....MAC, I'm looking at you....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ABCs

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had purchased this on ebay, I think I got it in cashew. The color was too yellow. I used up the creamier half, usually mixing it with a pinker concealer. It was OK but too thick and it did crease. Recently, I used the small amount left in the half-pan, mixing it with Maybelline Mineral Power (?) concealer in 'Cream'.It went on pretty smooth with my finger and then I used a concealer brush. I didn't have a problem with creasing as I had when using it in the past. I might repurchase because of the dense pigment but I am unsure of what color to choose - need a light salmon color.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used tons of concealers: Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clinique, GA, you name it. And I bumped into this. This is not any better, even if it costs a fortune. It has two different textures: one creamier for the undereyes and the other thicker for blemishes and imperfections. It is very easy to blend, does not cake and has a very good coverage. But it lasts 5 minutes . The packaging looks cheap (the rubber gets all dirty). No staying power whatsoever on dry skin and for 30 it is plain baaaaddd.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by vsparrow

I have tried countless undereye concealers only to be disappointed. My purchase before Becca was the ridiculously expensive Cle de Peau, which I rationalized by saying that if it really worked it was worth it, but the color was off and with only 2 others to choose from, I am not going back that route. Becca has a great color range. My skin tans easily in summer and is pale with yellowish undertones in winter (definitely I look better when sunkissed!) Allergies give me horrible undereye circles. Becca in Macadamia brightened that area without being too "pinky" and covered the circles without going gray. Only thing that came close before was Trish McEvoy's even skin duo concealer in the pan, and they discontinued that. Hooray - may have found the new standby!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Becca's online website and while it retails for $38, I got 25% off from a promotion code. I typically use MAC concealers for under my eyes and any random dark spots, especially the Studio Finish because of the SPF and the soon to be discontinued Select Moisturecover because it's moisturizing. Any way, I love Becca's concealer so much more! It's really creamy and it melts into the skin. Plus it's a duo: there is a lighter formula for medium coverage and a heavier one for full coverage. I use the medium coverage one for my undereye area and it blends well with my fingers, does not crease. Using a brush is equally as effective but I still like to use my fingers afterwards to warm the product even more. Set with powder, and it just looks like skin.

So yeah, this concealer will last me a long time because I don't need a lot, but I will buy again whenever I run out. Hopefully I'll get lucky again with another discount so I won't have to pay full price, b/c this stuff is expensive. The shade I use is Syrup. I also use the foundation stick in the same shade, and the tinted moisturizer in Tobacco, and I have not been disappointed by Becca at all so far (starting buying from them more than 6 mos ago). For reference, I wear C7 in MAC.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No