December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I find myself reaching for these brushes quite often now. I don't use the eye brush mainly for blending, because I find my MAC to be way more soft and gentle on the skin. But I got to say, this line of brushes are really amazing.

The price is very much affordable and I love the bamboo handle. It kind of reminds me of the bobbi brown brush, although I'm not sure which brand came up with the idea first. But I've been using pretty much all of the brushes in this set daily.

The bristles are "cruelty-free" meaning they are made of all synthic fibers. But luckily, they are so soft that it really didn't make it difference whether they are natural or not. I do like that it's cruelty-free and it felt like natural hair though. All of the brushes picks up colour really well. I think comparing with other similar priced brands like RT and ELF, ecotools seem to be more unique in quality. Although I think RT shares the same company? I'd choose ecotools over RT.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I bought these in a Seattle Kmart for about $10 and boy am I glad I did! There is no shedding and they all do what they're supposed to do. I highly recommend! I love these and the ELF Studio brushes, although the ELF brushes shed a bit. The Ecotools handles are superb! I don't own Sigma brushes, but these must be of equal quality without the ridiculous price tag. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I have plenty of other brush set brands. I got to say that I just love EcoTools. I originally had one of their powder brushes for 5 years. And finally decided there was no reason not to get the full set. I got this set on sale at Ulta for around $8. I love that the brand is eco-friendly with bamboo brush handles. The bristles are super soft on the face.

I love using their angled eye brush for creating a cat eye. And the powder brush gives just the right coverage of mineral powder to set my foundation. The other two eye brushes are great for applying eye shadow base. And I use the last eyelash brush to separate my lashes prior to applying mascara.

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by heycourtanayxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I am kind of confused about the reviews, I have this set..well actually I have two of the sets and first off i do love them! Great for beginners! When it says 6 piece set, it means 5 brushes and a bag to put them in. Then I read people describing another brush? I don't know, but anyways very good set and also SO SOFT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Harnetto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Well first question where is the sixth brush in the pic because I only see five. Any way I love this brush set because it is 'eco friendly' and is as great as any MAC or Bobbi Brown brush set (without the ridiculous price). Ladies this is a great brush set especially for begginers xoxoxo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've had this set since January 2012 and I have been very happy with them. All the brushes are excellent and of high quality with very little shedding. The paddle foundation brush has shed a few hairs but is still going strong and is decent in applying foundation. With the exception of the eyebrow comb, I find all the brushes to be very useful. I recommend it for makeup beginners (just buy online since Priceline is selling them for a ridiculously inflated price!)

UPDATE (01/08/14): Binned the foundation brush. It shed so much and I didn't feel like it was the best tool for applying foundation/BB - there are streak marks. The brush is too sloppy and flexible. I prefer using a damp sponge, buffing brush and fingers far more than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great brush set and very affordable. Picked it up after a lot of hunting. Use the blush brush, shadow brush, and brow/eyeliner brush mostly. They feel great on the skin and pick up a lot of product. No shedding, which is really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Gr8DaneLvr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased my first set of ecotool brushes 8 years ago and they still look brand new. They keep their shape and softness after washing them; affordable too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using these for about 2 months now.

Price- $16 at Target. Great price for 6 brushes!

Packaging- Comes in a nice case.

Overall Quality- Great bamboo handle. Dense bristles that never fall out.

Blush Brush- I use it as a powder brush because I don't have one and I don't wear blush. It works great.

Concealer Brush- I use a not-so-creamy stick concealer and it does wonders for blending.

Eyeshadow Brush- Perfect shape for applying eyeshadow all over the lid.

Angled Brush- I use it for eyeshadow on the lower lash line. It's the perfect size.

Detailer Brush- Great for applying eyeshadow to the crease.

Eyebrow and Eyelash Groomer- Ahh! I love it! It tames my brows and separated my lashes.

Conclusion- I love them all so much! I would say I would repurchase, but I think they will last me for a very long time. Maybe I will get another kind of brush from this brand as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Jasmin629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these brushes. They don't shed at all, they are so soft, they look cute. I love them. If you're on a budget you have to buy those brushes. Also it's great to have them with you if you're traveling. Because it's not a big deal if you lose them. They're cheap!!!