July 29, 2014 | 1944 users online

Polishes - OPI - Charmed By A Snake

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Charmed By a Snake was released with the India collection in 2008. It's a shimmery caramel-bronze-gold color. It has very tiny gold glitters in it. Definitely not over-the-top. Very pretty and unique color! I'd say the color is very chic. Bronze can never be "too fun" for office-wear. At least that's my opinion.

As always with OPI nail polishes the quality is fantastic. One coat provides enough covering. The lasting power is amazing. Overall I'm a big fan of OPI nail polishes and this one is no exception. Since I love the color I'd definitely repurchase! I will definitely wear this color a lot, especially in the fall and winter. This is not a color that is very summery, but great for other seasons. This is the perfect bronze color. This color is prettier once applied than what it looks in the bottle. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by xkayce

This gold/bronze shade is quite runny and requires two to three shades for full coverage. It's a great neutral, however, and I find it great to wear on the toes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

This is part of the OPI India colletion and they are all mostly really good strong colours. As a redhead I wear a lot of autumnal colours and I find this colour tones in with my wardrobe very well. A slightly glittery bronze colour. I don't usually like too much glitter but I find this acceptable. It has good coverage - just two coats achieves the colour in the bottle.
As with all OPI nail polishes, it goes on well with the superb wide brush and lasts me quite a few days before any chips appear. (I do wear Seche Vite as a topcoat).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

in the bottle this polish looks gorgeous.. a light chocolate brown color almost on the bronze-y side with slight gold undertones... but when i used it for a manicure it looked TOO glittery.. needless to say i immediately removed it...

im going to mix it up with other polishes to try and see if i can make it work... but i definitely wont be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Aneesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my medium-toned hands this shows up as a well-pigmented caramel-gold-bronze. No red tones - more a syrupy colour. The shimmer is definately visable, but not so chunky so as to make the nails look grainy. The application was streak-free and up to OPI's usual standard. It doesn't dry as glossy, but this problem was taken care of by a decent top coat. A staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

A shimmery brownish/goldish color. I didn't find it to be that shiny but I use seche topcoat anyways so oh well. It applied in only 2 coats and it had no streaks. the only problem was my brush was reallll messed up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

It took me a while to decide which colours I would purchase from the Indian collection, as I thought that many of the colours looked similar to lacquers I already had. But this was one of the first ones I set out to buy. Charmed by a Snake is a light to medium bronze colour with champagne/gold flecks of shimmer through it. It is richly pigmented, and I got excellent coverage even with one coat (ie I couldn't really see my nail underneath after just one coat). In the bottle, the gold flecks/shimmer looks quite intense, which makes you think it will go on the nails as a golden brown. But when applied, it is definitely bronze.

Compared to Brisbane Bronze, it doesn't have that subtle 'metallic' feel that BB has. Also, Brisbane Bronze has more of a coppery tone to it, making it more of a reddish bronze compared to Charmed by a Snake, which I would consider more of a golden based bronze & not as 'warm'. Therefore it should suit quite a few different skin tones, especially those who have light and medium complexions.

Also, the pro-wide brush has finally won me over. I have small, short fingernails, but still find that this brush gives a smooth and streak free application. And the formula is great & makes my nails feel and look great.

Overall, a nice and unique colour from the Indian collection, which will be a great colour for the cooler months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous light-gold toned bronze with heavy gold glitter. It is from the 2008 India collection. This time around the whole India collection is beautiful! They're deeply pigmented, and I guess this would be the jewel-toned neutral of this line. The only thing I am not excited about is the fact these have gone up another dollar to $8.50 a polish now. : /