October 31, 2014 | 905 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Chloe EDP and I have had a journey that started with a lot of love, a long period of separation, and now a happy reunion. I remember first smelling Chloe in 2008 and being obsessed with it completely and it fueling many other Chloe brand purchases. Anyway, I eventually snagged a great gift set with a 2.5 oz bottle of the fragrance, a lotion, and a really cute clutch.

Then, I started wearing it and I went from adoring the floral fragrance to having it turn into really strong smelling laundry detergent on my skin. A type of smell that'd just hang around me, way too strong of a sillage. If I smelled it on another people, I'd have a similar reaction. It just made me sick to my stomach to be near it and was really mad at myself for having spent over a hundred dollars on something I couldn't use. So it sat on my vanity for years, untouched, until this month. I'd highly advise anyone who wants to purchase this get a sample before and try it out before spending quite a bit on a perfume that can cause some pretty major headaches.

I decided to retry Chloe after purchasing Elizabeth and James' Nirvana White and realizing that Lily of the Valley no longer made me get a headache and thought it was time to try out Chloe again. Such a pleasant surprise, thankfully Chloe now works for me again and is not causing headaches or any other sort of reaction. I can't pin point what was causing the problem, but perhaps it was whatever body wash I was using at the time was interacting with Chloe to cause such an overpowering, chemical smell. Now I can enjoy this sophisticated floral and how long it lasts without feeling icky.

My only small complaint now is that the oxidation of the silver on the bottle is kind of a pain to deal with without getting the ribbon dirty cleaning it. Normal silver polish can clean off any discoloration on the top, but be careful with the beige ribbon as it'll absorb any grime from the silver polish quickly. I wish a coating had been put on the top to prevent this from happening, but I suppose if you're using proper silver plate this is inevitable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chillzone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I spent a lot of time and money looking for a signature scent. What I learned is that I have a signature "type" of scent. I like oriental florals best but I was searching for a bright scent that was also warm without being too sweet. Boy was that a challenge. I am crazy about Hanae Mori EDP but I will knock myself out when it's hot. I have Chanel Allure EDP and Chanel Allure EDT and I adore them both--as well as L'Instant EDP by Guerlain which is similar. I feel lovely when I wear those perfumes. Only--something was still not quite right. So I went darker, all the way to Hypnotic Poison and Dior Addict. I really like those too but that wasn't what I was looking for, either. I found Vince Camuto EDP (the bottle with the red ribbon) by accident and I really like it. I wear the heck out of it too but sometimes, I swear I smell sweet tobacco nearby and after a while I realize that it's me. So no, that's not exactly what I want either. I drained two bottles of La Vie Este Belle and still keep one just to sniff the cap. I have smelled Chloe before but I never tried to wear it. Gigantic difference between a sniff from a freshly sprayed bottle or a spritz on paper. I finally bought a bottle. Yeah for me. I am wearing the ribbon off my new bottle of Chloe EDP! I doubt my bottle of Chloe will get a chance to tarnish before I buy another one. Yes, sometimes it smells soapy and I don't want to smell soap all day--but that's just it, I don't smell like soap all day. I smell pretty and feminine and confident. I smell touchable and approachable and expensive. The top note is bright (which I was looking for), the middle is fresh (which keeps it from offending anybody), and the end is simply divine. By the middle of the day I smell like honey, roses, amber and the tiniest bit of fresh fruit. If I dab a little roll on for an afternoon pick-me-up, I get a whiff of cedar too. A dab is all I can do because a full squirt mid-day is too much. This stuff lasts and lasts and can bore a new hole in the ozone if you're not careful. It reminds me of when I wore the paint off two bottles of Lou Lou a long time ago--unforgettable. Still, I will wear my other perfumes because they are all delicious but once they are gone that's it. Chloe, my dear sweet popular Chloe can be purchased from coast to coast and I like that too.

9/17/14 Edit: I still truly enjoy this perfume. However, I wound up giving it to my daughter-in-law because her young son adores it. It took me awhile to realize that I was wearing it mostly when that particular grandchild came to visit! I have settled on La Vie Est Belle as my signature. There is enough difference between the perfumes for each woman to be in her own space. The sweetness in Chloe is about honey and roses while the sweetness in La Vie Est Belle is about dark berry liqueur. Awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

I'm not one to have a signature scent like some people, I like to wear a fragrance for the occasion. I needed something that smelled professional and non-offensive, so I tried this and I think it fits that description very well. On my skin, it smells peppery and soft, it's nothing special but it's also very wearable.

The lasting power is good, so 4/5 stars overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

I love this light, refreshingly floral EDP for springtime! It's youthful without being "too young" for a woman in her 30's or 40's. I removed a lippie becuase it doesn't last very long on me but you can buy the rollerball at Sephora for around $20 and apply as needed during the day for a more lasting scent :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Danix978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loving this light floral fragrance. My favorite fragrance for spring/summer. Last a very long time. The smell is divine . Highly recommended this for those who's looking for a floral scent perfume. So in love with this smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by j3sslyn

My ultimate favourite floral scent! I wear this everyday in a tropical country where it's all sunshine and happiness, just like the perfume. It is light, airy and makes you want to float in joy along with the fragrance. How it manages to be both floral and fruity in such a delicate, subtle manner - not overly sweet or cloying like most other perfumes - is a mystery in itself. Most suitable for young ladies with a free spirit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

I love this scent! It does have a slight soapy scent, but it smells very, very refreshing and light. I also agree that it is a nice "transition" scent for those in their 20s moving up to designer perfume, but it's appropriate for any age. Really great for summer and warm climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by xrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg!I JUST LOVE THIS PERFUM!But because of the price I just use it for special occasions.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

As a die-hard oriental/gourmand fragrance wearer, it take a lot for me to praise a soapy floral scent like Chloe, which should tell you how fabulous it is. This is one of my favorite perfumes to smell on others. It is both soft and inviting without erring on the cloying or headache-inducing powdery side. I find the peony and the magnolia to be the dominant note and most evident in the initial spray. The drydown yields more of a honeyed finish that is very cozy and a little unexpected. It is definitely evocative of clean linens or pricey bar soap. I find the bottle to be just beautiful, the type of thing you want gracing your vanity. This is probably a good scent for those picky folks who hate "perfumey" qualities (musk, amber, etc.) but want a little something to spritz.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Signature scent status. Last year I spent a lot of time and money trying many, many perfume samples in an obsessive mission to find the perfect fragrance. Chloe is what I ultimately decided on and I've never looked back. I love Chloe for its intoxicating opulent rose and peony notes. The lychee keeps it from being just another rose scent and the cedar dry down keeps it from being too sweet. It smells clean, fresh, and elegant. I have never received as many compliments as I have while wearing Chloe. It has excellent sillage and lasts all day, but never enters the room before you. The bottle looks vintage and classy, but yes the silver does tarnish. I don't mind the tarnish; it gives the bottle an antique look. This is a very popular fragrance but I'm the only one in my circle of friends to own it. Many have said they like it but will never purchase because Chloe will always be their memory of me. I hope this fragrance becomes a new classic so I can repurchase for years to come.

To give you an idea of my tastes (sometimes that helps you decide if a perfume is one you might like) other scents I have and enjoy are Lancôme Miracle, Lancôme O d'Azur, Burberry Brit Sheer, and Dior J'adore.