Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

bzz

on 7/5/2014 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My skin loves this stuff in the morning. It leaves my skin very soft and surprisingly does not break me out. It actually helps calm my skin and heal any acne spots. This is not a good makeup remover or a good cleanser for the end of the day as it will hardly remove anything. It also burns like hell if it gets in the eyes. It has a strong lemony rosey sort of smell and it lasts a long time. Daily use of a bottle lasted me 6 months. It is ridiculously expensive so I have been in search of an alternative.

on 5/16/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Probably most gentle cleanser I have ever used. If I use this alongside Melissa day cream I have no rosacea flare ups at all. Downside it gives me patches of dermatitis. But my skin feels a lot more comfortable overall than with other brands.

on 5/15/2014 10:58:00 AM

I love many Dr Hauschka products, but not this one. As a makeup remover, it smells good, feels good, gentle and moisturizing like most of their products. But it is not that effective in removing makeups. Not recommended for those using water-proof sunscreen/makeups.

on 5/11/2014 9:35:00 PM

This does a good job of removing makeup, but I do not think this will be my go-to cleansing milk. First of all, I do not like the alcohol content of this cleansing milk. Those with sensitive skin may have a hard time with this. Secondly, I do not feel like this is particularly moisturizing, like some other gentle cleansing milks that I have tried. I am not sure if that is the objective of this particular cleansing milk, but I know that when I have dry patches on my face, this product does nothing for them. Overall, the product is okay, but it is nothing to write home about. I will not repurchase because I much prefer The Body Deli's Rose Geranium Cleanser as a cleansing milk.

slc

on 2/13/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the only product in the Dr. H. cleansing regimen that I don't like. It removes all of my makeup and it smells wonderful, but it is drying for my skin. I just don't think one product can satisfy both oily and dry skins.

I can't live without the Dr. H. cleansing cream, but I will remove my makeup with my Eminence Organics Coconut Cleanser or Body Deli Almond Milk. This cleansing milk will go in the shower so it doesn't go to waste.

I am in love with this cleanser and this is what I use every morning. The Cleansing Cream by Dr. Hauschka is my HG cleanser but I want to switch it up so that I am not exfoliating my face day and night. It's a nice creamy texture and it cleans my face well with two pumps. It leaves my skin feeling so supple, soft, and hydrated, I basically can go without a moisturizer if I wanted. After using this cleanser I find that it makes it easier for applying foundation since it creates such a smooth canvas by getting rid of any gunk on your face. I wouldn't recommend using this solely as a makeup remover because I find oil based makeup removers more effective in getting rid of makeup. The only bad thing about it is that the smell can be a tad overwhelming but once you wash it off, the smell is gone and doesn't linger on your skin. I am in love with this brand for skincare, I love everything that I've tried so far. Again, everybody's skin is different so try to get samples of products before purchasing it. It can come with a hefty price tag if you're just testing it out.

on 11/23/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like others say, this leaves a film on my face and it doesn't feel clean and I don't think it removes my makeup. If you are looking for a natural cleanser I far prefer John Masters Linden Blossom Cleanser. It is light, my face feels clean and well moisturizer. Can be hard to locate but I buy it online.

I'll finish the hauschka cleanser because it isn't awful, but there are better.

on 3/19/2013 9:57:00 PM

I have dehydrated skin. Dry on the outside and oily in the inside. I tried many cleansers and all made my feel dry. I find this cleanser is balancing my skin and actually less breakout/whitehead. Yes, you need to use several times to wipe off the makeup. Eyeliner/mascara is out of the question. You have to use other brands to remove it.
I like that it's a glass but also worried at the same time as I need to touch the bottle if I need more cleansing milk....it can be slippery.
I rinse it off with warm water than cold water. Wish it could be cheaper...

on 3/1/2013 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Agree with the other reviewers. Lovely as a cleanser. Terrible as a makeup remover. Leaves an oily layer on my face, it smells very perfumy and its darn expensive. My grapeseed oil does a better job of removing my makeup than this product. However, I can't deny that on those days when I don't wear makeup and I cleanse with this, my skin is cleaned and glowy. Even when I swipe with a toner soaked cotton pad, the pad comes away clear. So its obviously working. I still wouldn't buy it though as there are tons of products out there half the price which does the same job. Well it's the end of my journey with Dr Hauscka. I tried all their sample products for the face. With the exception of their rose day cream which buggered with my skin and the alcohol reeking toner, this brand is wonderful. If your skin loves Dr Hauschka and if your wallet doesn't mind, stick with it.

on 1/25/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! Very gentle cleanser, never irritates my sensitive skin, does not break me out. However it does not remove make-up well. I have to use it a lot, and even then some foundation is left on my face. (It's great cleanser for morning or days when I do not use make-up)
Love the smooth feeling afterwords, feels really clean and does not dry out skin.
Cons:
1) Does not remove make up well
2) Expensive - $36.99 at Whole Foods
3) Contains Jojoba Seed Oil and Almond Oil that can cause breakouts
Pros:
1) Great cleanser for mornings or "make-up free" days
2) Great for normal to dry skin (it never dries out my skin)
3) Lasts for about 4 months
5) Removes my make-up completely after using it first with a cotton pad, then the 2nd time with Clarisonic Mia.
UPDATE: I am not sure but I think this cleanser was breaking me out a bit (from Jojoba oil in it). I switched to much cheaper version - Ponds Towelettes that is easier to use, removes all make-up and my skin got better.