November 23, 2014 | 1045 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am in love with this cleanser and this is what I use every morning. The Cleansing Cream by Dr. Hauschka is my HG cleanser but I want to switch it up so that I am not exfoliating my face day and night. It's a nice creamy texture and it cleans my face well with two pumps. It leaves my skin feeling so supple, soft, and hydrated, I basically can go without a moisturizer if I wanted. After using this cleanser I find that it makes it easier for applying foundation since it creates such a smooth canvas by getting rid of any gunk on your face. I wouldn't recommend using this solely as a makeup remover because I find oil based makeup removers more effective in getting rid of makeup. The only bad thing about it is that the smell can be a tad overwhelming but once you wash it off, the smell is gone and doesn't linger on your skin. I am in love with this brand for skincare, I love everything that I've tried so far. Again, everybody's skin is different so try to get samples of products before purchasing it. It can come with a hefty price tag if you're just testing it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like others say, this leaves a film on my face and it doesn't feel clean and I don't think it removes my makeup. If you are looking for a natural cleanser I far prefer John Masters Linden Blossom Cleanser. It is light, my face feels clean and well moisturizer. Can be hard to locate but I buy it online.

I'll finish the hauschka cleanser because it isn't awful, but there are better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by luluko

I have dehydrated skin. Dry on the outside and oily in the inside. I tried many cleansers and all made my feel dry. I find this cleanser is balancing my skin and actually less breakout/whitehead. Yes, you need to use several times to wipe off the makeup. Eyeliner/mascara is out of the question. You have to use other brands to remove it.
I like that it's a glass but also worried at the same time as I need to touch the bottle if I need more cleansing milk....it can be slippery.
I rinse it off with warm water than cold water. Wish it could be cheaper...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Agree with the other reviewers. Lovely as a cleanser. Terrible as a makeup remover. Leaves an oily layer on my face, it smells very perfumy and its darn expensive. My grapeseed oil does a better job of removing my makeup than this product. However, I can't deny that on those days when I don't wear makeup and I cleanse with this, my skin is cleaned and glowy. Even when I swipe with a toner soaked cotton pad, the pad comes away clear. So its obviously working. I still wouldn't buy it though as there are tons of products out there half the price which does the same job. Well it's the end of my journey with Dr Hauscka. I tried all their sample products for the face. With the exception of their rose day cream which buggered with my skin and the alcohol reeking toner, this brand is wonderful. If your skin loves Dr Hauschka and if your wallet doesn't mind, stick with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser! Very gentle cleanser, never irritates my sensitive skin, does not break me out. However it does not remove make-up well. I have to use it a lot, and even then some foundation is left on my face. (It's great cleanser for morning or days when I do not use make-up)
Love the smooth feeling afterwords, feels really clean and does not dry out skin.
Cons:
1) Does not remove make up well
2) Expensive - $36.99 at Whole Foods
3) Contains Jojoba Seed Oil and Almond Oil that can cause breakouts
Pros:
1) Great cleanser for mornings or "make-up free" days
2) Great for normal to dry skin (it never dries out my skin)
3) Lasts for about 4 months
5) Removes my make-up completely after using it first with a cotton pad, then the 2nd time with Clarisonic Mia.
UPDATE: I am not sure but I think this cleanser was breaking me out a bit (from Jojoba oil in it). I switched to much cheaper version - Ponds Towelettes that is easier to use, removes all make-up and my skin got better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by giant

This product absolutley cannot remove foundation. I've tried just taking of liquid foundation, Powder foundation, and mascara and this product is awful. I ran a cotton pad with toner over my skin after and it was practically orange from all the makeup left on my skin. On the other hand on days when I wore just liner and no skin makeup this cleanser was lovely, gentle and smelt incredible. However I started breaking out long before I realized this product was not taking off my makeup properly so for that reason willl never buy again. I like my cleansers to cleanse my skin thoroughly. If you don't wear makeup and are looking for something gentle then this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by blondie369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear a lot of makeup. I use the Cleansing Milk to remove it. This is how I do it:
1) I use wet wipes like SANTE's Facial Cleansing Tissues.
2) I wet my face, neck and cleavage (I wear foundation there as well) and put two pumps of the Cleansing Milk on and remove it with a gentle facial sponge. I splash with warm water.
3) There will still be some eye makeup left. I get a damp cotton pad and add one pump of the Cleansing Milk. With it I take the rest of the makeup off.
Afterwards I will clean my face the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream and use the Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner. Then it's off to bed (without moisturizer!).

The Cleansing Milk is the most gentle and effective organic makeup remover I ever tried. I love the feel of it on my skin. Also I know that after I used it all(!) of my makeup is gone. One bottle lasts me for about two months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Dr. Hauschka Cleaning Milk is the first step to my night time routine. I was recommended the cleansing milk to remove my make up and it does an absolutely wonderful job. I use a medium coverage foundation and wear a small amount of mascara, shadow and liquid liner on my eye and this product gets it off.

The cleansing milk is rich and comforting to my dry skin and removes most or all of my makeup depending on the day. The milk is a wonderful predecessor to the cleansing cream as it allows the rest of the products in the system to penetrate and work on the skin.

I recommend this product to users with dry skin and people who wear minimal to medium coverage makeup. If you use foaming cleansers you may find that the product will hydrate you face and prevent against over drying.

Tips:
1. For users who do not wear waterproof mascara: When trying to remove eye makeup I recommend using a little bit of warm water with the milk around the eye area to break down the mascara, it is a gentler and quicker method that I use.

2. I usually use 2-3 pumps to remove my makeup , after splashing some warm water on my face I work the product in small circular motions and wipe of excess makeup with a cotton pad or tissue then rinse and use a face cloth.

3. I advise anyone using this product to try the cleansing cream in the line, the two work together wonderfully.

4. Like all Dr. Hauschka products you don't need much for it to work.

Key words: comforting, soothing, gentle, hydrating, leaves skin fresh and bare.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser for morning; I actually look forward to using it and my skin feels soft and looks glowy afterwards. It has a thin creamy consistency and a clean herbal-ish scent that isn't strong at all. Packaging may turn some ppl off because it's glass, but as I said in my review for Rose Day Cream, Hauschka products contain few, if any, preservatives, so they don't fare well in plastic. If I'm flying I usually either bring a mini-size from the travel kit or skip it altogether and just bring a solid makeup remover and an Aveeno Moisturizing Bar to save room for other liquids in the limited baggie space.
This brings me to the most important point. This isn't up to the task of removing modern foundations, especially not industrial-strength long lasting formulas. I never rely on it for that, and if that's an important criterion for you, skip this altogether. I use it after I've already removed makeup with a makeup remover (Clinique Take -the-Day-Off balm, Garnier Cleansing Wipes, or my newly discovered Mustela PhysiObebe No-rinse Cleansing Fluid and cotton pads, sorry for the missing accents on that last product). DH Cleansing Milk just removes any residue from m/u removers and leaves my face feeling soft yet clean. Trying to remove makeup with it would be a frustrating and wasteful experience because you'll end up using half the bottle and only spreading makeup all over your face.
I knocked off a point b/c it's so expensive. My advice regarding DH products is to wait for Whole Foods' semi-annual (or annual, idr) Dr. Hauschka sale. I think they're something like 20% off. Somebody also mentioned ordering online.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

I like this cleanser a lot. However, it is not a makeup remover. It is a nice pick-me-up skin refresher in the morning. It is mild, but not TOO mild. It is perfect as a morning facial cleanser.