November 24, 2014 | 924 users online

Mascara - Lumene - Blueberry curl mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I FINALLY found my go to mascara!!!!! I've tried different mascaras over a year or so. This was reviewed on MUA and I thought I'd try it based on the reviews. Well, I am happy that I did! Love it! It does NOT make my lashes clumpy. I normally have long and a lot of lashes and most mascaras tends to clump. I've tried Tracy McaVoy, Lancome, and others. Lumene is the best out of all of them. My other favorites are Walgreen's Jordana in black/purple/pink tube and Rimmel Glam Eyes. I guess these are my top 3, with Lumene as my favorite! It made my lashes look natural yet longer and thicker without clumping and looking fake. Really nice mascara and comes off really good also. This is NOT the waterproof mascara. I purchased the regular mascara. Lastly, my bottle is not dry at all. It is not watery either, just right!! Perhaps the other reviews listed are for the waterproof type or they purchased an old mascara???? I purchased mine on line.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blueberry Curl separates and darkens lashes well without clumping, but does not add much volume and does not hold a curl very well. Then again, every mascara I've tried recently has weighed down the curl from my Shu Uemura curler. I want to try this out with my Shiseido mascara base, and with a heated eyelash curler because I trust that this one will withstand the heat.

This mascara is a bit on the dry side, but hangs on tight without smudging and is extremely waterproof. I use the Lumene Waterproof eye makeup remover to ease this one off my lashes. I'm going to try soaking the tube in warm water in the shower with me before using it, to see if that makes it a little wetter to apply.

NB: This was recommended to me by my aunt (who works for a cosmetics distributor in Southeast Asia) and sister.

UPDATE: Tried this with my Shiseido Nourishing Base, and it holds a curl all day! I actually have little lashes framing my eyes now. But compared to my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara, Blueberry Curl is nowhere near as lengthening or volumizing or pretty. Looks a bit like thin individual spider legs sticking out of my eyes, and feels like the lashes are slightly stuck together. Kind of uncomfortable. As for smudging, it did leave a little dark silhouette until my eyes after 8-10 hours, but not terrible. Since I can afford the Armani (it's $30 for a 4-5 month investment! Totally worth it! Eyelash extensions are like $50-100 per month), I'll stick with that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by cassie11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this mascara and had high hopes due to the reviews but this one sort of let me down. The things I like about it is the brush and that it does add some nice volume and definition. Unfortunately, it weighed my curl down (I have really straight lashes) which is the dealbreaker for me. Seems to work ok for others though. Right now, I'm using L'oeal false lash mascara WP and this actually holds my curl all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by TheEmppu24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I personally love this mascara. It makes my lashes long and curled. The biggest thing i love about this mascara is that it's not wet. It's more in the dryer side. If you don't like dry mascara i'm pretty sure that you will not like this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by TheOrangeMonster101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's not all that great. The wand is chunky and plastic, and it makes an odd sound when you put it back in the tube. The formula is so wet that it doesn't curl, and doesn't add volume what so ever. Also, for a product that you would think to be on the "natural" side is not. It has 5 different parabens in it. 5!!! That is not natural. The only "natural" thing in this mascara is the blueberry, which is probably that last ingredient as far as I'm concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Nathalina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. It looks very natural and holds the curl very well. Its a very good daytime mascara. It doesnt give alot of volume, but it separates the lashes well. No clumping! I have the waterproof version.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara! Bought at Dermstore.com cuz always free shipping. Could not find at any store in my area. Easy to use and curls my lashes and never clumps. Also great on the bottom lashes. You can make it look kind of natural or use more coats and it looks almost like false lashes. And it never clumps I cant stress that enough! Looks as good after a long day as when I first put it on. I have looked for a long time since my beloved Max Factor Couture left the states and I have found my new hg and I actually like it better than the Max. It's a beautiful day!
Edit: knocked down to 4 since I found my HG- Cover Girl Volume Exact. Awesome- makes my lashes look great in almost no time at all. Of course, now that I found it it's been discontinued- just like my Max Factor Couture I'm cursed!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by webdoyenne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mascara is the one cosmetic item that gives me the most trouble. I really need mascara...never leave the house without it. My eyes and my lashes are very light. But my eyes get irritated easily (allergies), and the heat/humidity where I live (Florida) really affects the staying power.

Waterproof mascaras are out of the question because the difficulty of removing them makes for major burning and irritation. And I don't keep mascaras very long because of the climate here -- routinely discard them after a month or two -- so I'm not about to spend Big Buck$.

This product is flat-out amazing. No clumping, no flaking, no raccoon eyes...the brunsh gets even the smallest lashes and the mascara comes off easily. (I use the Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads.)

Wish it were easier to find. Can't locate it in the stores around here; have been ordering from Dermstore.com, where it's $9.99 and shipping is free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara gave me soft, pretty, "fluttery" lashes. It also: made my eyes burn, completely wilted my just-curled lashes, and simultaneously smudged into two unattractive crescents underneath my eyes while flaking onto my waterline. It's one of the most disappointing makeup products I've ever tried, especially b/c of the positive reviews. Other random comments: I had to order it online b/c none of the stores around carried it (although they did carry Lumene's skincare line), it was the non-waterproof version, I like the metallic blue color of the tube, the hard-plastic brush was nice and I didn't need a lash comb after application.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Fluffludd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been through a bunch of crappy mascaras that promised separated and longer lashes before I found this at reduced price, bought it, and finally found something that did what I wanted it to do. I don't befieve in longer lashes but i really want them separated, and i love the feeling of how this mascara seems to paint each lash individually.
I'm still in search for the perfect mascara but this one is as close as I have been yet.
I had the non-waterproof one and reading the reviews, I really want to try the waterproof one next winter since I had some problems with smudging on cold days.