April 21, 2014 | 970 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cured my itchy, flaky, dry skin! I have eczema and am very sensitive. I decided to try this when my usual HG Cerave lotion wasn't helping with some very stubborn winter skin and I'm so glad I did! This isn't greasy at all but has the consistency of a cream. I keep it next to the kitchen sink as I wash my hands 100 times a day, this keeps them from getting cracked or irritated. Highly recommended!! ((I also love the Aveeno Skin Relief Lotion which has shea butter and you get more product for your money.))

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by carrie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff works for me, love it! But I treat it like a medicine, not a normal body lotion, meaning I use it mainly at night or at home when I'm not using my hands, and don't expect it to soak in quickly or look good because it is quite greasy and takes a while to soak in. I find the results totally worth it, though.

I'd suggest giving it overnight or longer after applying it to see the effects. I have eczema on the top of my hands that most regular lotions can't touch. I use a good thick layer of this at night before bed and in the morning my hands are *almost* as good as new. 2-3 nights and they're back to normal.

Different treatments work for different people with eczema, but this really did work for me, surprisingly so. It worked as well as the prescription creams I used to use as a kid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I have had eczema since childhood, and recently it has gotten worse during winter. Just last week I developed huge patches on both wrists that weren't responding to regular moisturizers or anti-itch creams. I used this lotion twice a day, and the rashes cleared up within 5 days. I was so impressed to find a product that actually does what it claims to do. I am definitely keeping a tube on hand from now on. At $11, it is kind of pricey for a drugstore product, but well worth the money, and sometimes you can find a coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is a miracle-maker for me. During the winter, I get very dry, itchy spots on my face (usually around my mouth and nose, sometimes around my eyes). I recently had the same problem and only noticed AFTER I put on some heavy foundation and saw that I looked like my entire face was peeling off. When I have difficulty with dry spots (or eczema), I know I can count on this product to fix it. If I dab some of the cream onto my problem spots and wait a few minutes for it to absorb, I can apply my foundation like I normally would. Definitely prevents early morning freak-outs when my skin is being problematic. :) Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mild_breakout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have occasional flare-ups of eczema on my fingers, right hand only. It has recently gotten worse and I've started developing rashes on my arms as well. My arms and fingers were in SO MUCH PAIN that I was just feeling depressed. I also started developing some eczema dry patches on my face, and it was so itchy... so I started looking for a remedy. I'm so thankful that I thought about searching on MUA for reviews and product suggestions, and I was willing to give ANYTHING a try. I stumbled upon the Aveeno Eczema Care cream review and decided to give it a try. Am I ever glad I did. I got it the morning after I read the reviews, applied it immediately after I got to the office, and noticed a difference almost right away. My arms didn't itch at all that day, and the scabs from the scratching are now healing after about 4 days of use. My fingers are no longer in pain, and the cream has soften the scaly dry skin that it comes off. I'm now experiencing a flare up, but I applied the cream and it's actually calm... though I still see the redness from a possible flare-up. I also put some on my face and it now feels so soft and itchiness is gone. I think this cream is great for eczema or even sensitive skin without eczema. The oatmeal is probably the soothing agent that works well for calming the flare-ups. It's non-greasy and absorbs very well. I don't consider it pricey at all, at least I found what works for me. It's around CAD14 for 166 ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by AnaItzel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness! I am so thankful I finally decided to try this. I'd been having skin problems for about a year or so. I would get really ugly dry patches around my nose and around my eyebrows, that would look even worse with makeup on. I seriously tried everything! I tried Ponds, Cetaphil, Cerave, Neutrogena, olive oil, Vaseline, exfoliating. If you can think of it, I've tried it! I had seen this a few times, but I don't have eczema so I was really iffy about it. So finally I decided I would try this since I was so tired of having these things on my face, and it worked! i seriously saw results after the first try! I would buy this over and over again, no questions asked.
If you're having problems with dry skin, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jjtam1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HD Product! I've suffered from eczema for 7+yrs. I get dry, red, itchy, flaky patches all over my face throughout the week, especially if I'm stressed.
I've tried steroid creams (they've thinned my skin due to overuse), Avene Cold Cream (good product, but really expensive in Australia for 50ml) and other moisturisers from Avene, with no satisfactory results.
Until Aveeno! Once I apply this cream liberally on my face, my skin doesn't try out within the hour (I had to reapply very often with my other moisturisers), and I've had no serious eczema outbreaks since my 3 month use.
I may get red patches during stressful times, but when I team this cream with the Hamilton Skin Active Urederm Cleanser, my skin has never been so soothed, moisturised and eczema free. I love this cream and will be repurchasing it, even though it costs me $20, and I go through a tube every 2 months!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Sanabarakzai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I was a skeptic before but now I'm a believer. I had this awful eczema outbreak for the first time in over a year, and after trying everything, I decided to look for solutions online. I came across this and decided I'd give it a try, and I'm glad I did! I hasn't even been a whole 12 hours since I've been using it, but the progress I'm seeing already is so astounding :) it won't go away entirely so quickly, but you should be able to see some pretty comforting results within a day's use! Before, I had a massive round red mark on my face and now it's already way lighter and much softer. No itch either! I hope this works out for everyone as well as it's already worked for me :) will definitely continue using! Good luck :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you Aveeno!! I have developed atopic dermatitis around my eyes over the last six months. It comes and goes and while it is unsightly, I prefer to not use steroids around my eyes. This Aveeno cream has been a godsend. As soon as I start to feel the tell-tale tingling that signals a flare-up, I start slathering this cream on. Without the Aveeno, my eyes will swell and my skin will be violently red, skaly and itchy. With the Aveeno, all of that is minimal and resolves within a day. I hope this product is always available.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by elizabethdidyoueat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i developed eczema over a year ago on my face (i'm 25) and have generally dry, itchy skin all over. my skin is both sensitive and reactive. i use aveeno eczema therapy moisturizing cream directly after washing my face at night* (for my face wash, i use mustela stelatopia cream cleanser morning & night). this cream has helped tremendously when nothing else has. my dermatologist recommended cerave, but i like this cream a lot better! *i cannot use this cream in the morning before applying makeup. it is sticky and thick, so makeup does not take to it well.