Jamieson Vitamin E 100% Pure Oil

3.6

Tocopheryl Acetate (Pure Vitamin E )

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used this on pre-existing brown marks/scars on face for a week and a half, and it probably lessened them by 50%, however that was during the first few days of using it, it was like it stopped fading them. They look the same after 4 days use, whereas before I saw a dramatic difference even after the first 2 days. So I will continue to use it for the next week, and I will update it to see if it completely got rid of the marks.
EDIT: Its been a week, and they have not really lightened that much, so I will continue to use it at night before bed on the brown marks, and I will update again on my progress.
EDIT (November 26th, 2011): the red marks are still there, however they have lightened a tiny bit. But that could just be because of time. I am going to keep using it though and will be searching for other methods to help it fade faster.

on 7/20/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT DIRECTLY ON YOUR EYELIDS. This product claims that you can see results within hours. Yes, that is true. I saw my "results" within 30 minutes... all to my horror! I put the product on my eyelids and under my eyes. I looked into the mirror about 30 minutes after application because my eyes started to feel extremely dry and irritated and boy, did I look I had just cried for hours! My eyes looked so puffy like my eyes had been punched and it was not a pretty sight!!

As for the product itself, it's a very, very sticky consistency like molasses, except there's no colouring or fragrance. It seems Vitamin E oil is mixed in with glycerine. It comes in a clear 1 fl. oz. glass bottle with a screw on cap that has a spatula attached on the inside. It has 28,000 IU of Vitamin E. Hypoallergenic & parabens-free, and it can be used on face as well as body. It costs about $14 CDN b4 taxes at regular price. I got mine just shy of $10 CDN b4 taxes on sale.

The skin will continue to feel sticky even after hours pass. Jamieson claims that you can use this product day or night but if you need to put on makeup every morning, this isn't something that you want to have sitting on your skin b4 you apply your base such as foundation. It's just too sticky and stubborn for any foundation or base to "sit" properly on skin.

I don't know whether the product will help to (claims made by Jamieson regarding this product):
- smooth and recover stressed/problem skin
- improve appearance of wrinkled/scarred, stretch marked/chapped/dehydrated/UV damaged skin
But I think I will use this mainly as a natural preservative when making hand made creams/lotions rather than using it directly onto skin straight out of the bottle. The reason for this is because of what happened to my eyes as I have described above. I also applied to other parts of my face like cheeks etc, and I haven't seen anything "bad" happen to those parts like my eyes. I'll only buy this again only if it's on sale and if it won't irritate my skin when used simply as a preservative in my hand made Galen's cold cream.

on 12/16/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I buy this product constantly, I mix it with my body butter and it delivers the longest lasting moisture at an unbeatable price. I could buy the cheapest moisturizer out there and mix it with this and it would work amazingly. It's a bit too rich to be used on it's own, whether that be on body or face, and it would be too greasy. Dilute it with body butter, definitely recommend!

on 10/14/2010 9:40:00 PM

This product saved my skin! Thank goodness I bought it..

After that Huge Mistake with Apple Cider Vinegar, which left a SCAB on my face.... which was sooooo Obvious... I peeled it off..even bigger mistake.. and was left with a raw pinkish skin/flesh...i used polysporin and zincofax... that sealed up and speeded up new skin... within a week....yet then after i was left with this Obvious as well BROWN patch...'scar' ...well i read reviews on the vitamin e oil benefits and am soooo glad i bought it...i put it on religiously 2 Xs a day and within a week..I saw a great improvement.. even the first night, it started to heal..

Redness...and browness disappearing...that its not as visible as before..

Tip: it works even faster I think if u reapply every few hours throughout the day...

I also have to note , ive been using this in conjunction with Neutrogena's (discontinued =( ) at home microdermabrasion system...and together they are dynamite! =P.....

Point is... Im so glad this ugly scar is fading...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product seems to work fantastic on scars. Of course nothing will fully get rid of scars, but this product will visibly reduce them - for me, anyway. I mix it with Jamieson's Vitamin A Night Cream and wear it at night, for a great moisturizer and acne product. It helps to reduce my severity of acne, even though oil is said to be a bad idea for people with acne prone skin. I would definitely buy this product again, as well as recommend it to anyone with dry, flaky skin.

on 8/9/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product since February and was almost finished the bottle when I ended up with a severe case of contact dermatitis around the eye area where I applied this every night. As soon as I stopped using this, the red, dry and itchy rash disappeared. No idea why I got an allergic reaction months after using it. The same thing happened to my mother 20 years ago. If I didn't get this rash I would keep using it, it really softens the eye area and plumps it. I wouldn't apply it to your cheeks or forehead, I did and it broke me out!

on 4/1/2010 2:53:00 PM

I use it on my face as a moisturizer because I have been using vaseline for years and recently found out that vaseline is not good for you, Jamieson oil is great for around the eyes and mouth if you take some time to gently work it into the skin, that way it doesn't stick and rub off while you sleep. If you want to reap its benefits during the day, mix a small amount into your sunscreen, it gives your skin a nice dewy look. I wouldn't use it on my cheeks, too thick and would clog the pores. Definitely a good product but too expensive. I spent $15 on the bottle and it will only last about 1and 1/2 months at the rate I use it.

on 3/12/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has lasted me a long time, and I can control what I take out pretty easily... I am still not used to pumps, I don't know why... anyway I used this on a mango reaction around my lips and it cured everything really fast! I figure that pretty much anywhere your body needs to repair, use this, like brittle nails or cracked hands or whatever. It is what it is, guys.

on 2/28/2010 6:47:00 PM

I love this product. I use it on my lips and mix it with my moisturizers. I also put it on any cystic acne I have...it helps get rid of them.

on 2/7/2010 10:19:00 PM

Ok so I bought this product at my local shoppers drug mart a week ago since i have some acne scarring on my cheeks and chin. I only put it on at night because of its texture but im worried it just rubs off on my pillow, so i started mixing it in my morning moisturizer and the its not oily or shiny any more. it did break me out at first since i applied it all over my face but now i just dab it on my scars and they do seem to be fading (well the recent ones anyways). Like anything else i guess it takes time to see decent results.

Popular Face Skincare Products