December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Perky

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by CherryO03

I think the one essential MAC product that anyone should have is the paint pots. Contrary to common belief they are not only cream shadows but act as really good primers. Its a great sticky base the does crease even without a great primer.

I will do more reviews as I purchase more colors. But this one in particular is great way to give a little oomph to neutral eye looks. Just be weary a little goes a long way if you apply too much it starts to interfere with the color of your eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Meh .. I don't understand the hype on this one. I have a major addiction to cream shadows and recently started experimenting with MAC paint pots. This was one of the ones rated pretty high, and the reviews made it sound so pretty that I absolutely became determined to hunt this one down. On a recent trip to my local CCO I finally found it and was thrilled to bring it home and take it for a spin. Is the quality great? yes ..like most of my paint pots, the texture is very smooth, the pigmentation nice and it blends well. But honestly, after using it several times, I remain stumped on why there's so much hype about this? I agree .. it's pretty, it's peach, it's a good shadow base ..but it's nothing terribly unique or exciting, nor something I see myself polishing off and acquiring another of. I'm still undecided if I'll keep mine or not, I just don't find it to be all that special. I have tons of other cream shadows that I'll reach for besides Perky. Not a must have in my honest opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all time favorite paint pot of all. It really brightens up my whole eye area without too much shimmer or color. Its a subtle slightly shimmery beige pink (but not as shimmery as rubenesque) that looks natural and not as obvious as other PP's. I love this by itself and just some eyeliner. This is a definite HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by tillythyme

I don't mind this as a shadow or base, but my favorite use for this is as a corrector under my eyes. It totally covers dark circles, especially when a yellow or skin toned concealer is layered over it. I tried it today with my Bobbi Brown concealer and yellow powder duo for eyes, and I was utterly amazed. Now I have to get my hands on some back-ups so I'll never be without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not as versatile as Painterly, my all-time fave, but Perky is a beautiful coral pink shimmer on the lids. I sure love these Paint Pots...I wish they were a smidge creamier, I find them a tad dry to work with, but overall they are great and I highly recommend 'em. Makes your shadows more intense and longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by bymysideee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is my first paint pot and i love it ^.^ Perky is a pinky beigey color with micro shimmer in it. I love it as a base or just as an eye shadow. Paid $10 at CCO, so that's not bad =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i've been very into pink and peach/apricot colored makeup this year, so this has been the perfect addition to my ever-growing makeup collection. because of my skintone (NC 20-25), these softer colors tend to not pop on my skin on its own, but perky pp fixes that problem easily. i detect a little bit of shimmer, but it's not very obvious. i wouldn't recommend this as a stand alone shadow, but its great as a base. definitely pick this up if you're lucky enough to come across it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by TyAngeluv

I love Perky Paint Pot!. I, like another user below, bought UDPP and it did not work for me. Perky really did the trick as a base for my eyeshadows. So easy and smooth to apply, my eyeshadows look so much better on this product. Not to mention the color is great, a light pink which would work for any skin color. I am NC 35. It really brings out the intensity of my shadows. Try to get your hands on it if you can! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Love this!! i prefer this as a natural base over painterly because this has more color and doesn't look pale. I have brown eyes and tan skin for reference. This is probably in my top 3 used paint pots, I have over 9. I find this very versitile, works with almost every look I have tried. Would re-purchase. Well this was LE w. the Fafi collection but if they repromote I wouldn't mind another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another winner from MAC! I bought Perky a few days ago and I used it for the first time this morning and I really like it! This is my third paint pot and I have a feeling that I will have to get more of these. They are fabulous as a shadow base because they really make shadows come to life and last a long time.

Perky is a light peachy nude with a slight shimmer. The color itself looks very pink in the pot but when you put it on, it gives your lids a gentle wash of color. I think Perky will pair well with most shadows since it has an almost neutral undertone and because the color is light once applied. But pinks, mauves, peaches, and pale colors will really go well witth this.

Today, I put on Urban Decay Primer Potion, then Perky on my lids. Then I put on my shadows (mauve, light pink shimmer, and black) and my beloved liquid eyeliner and viola! Perfection! The mauve and light pink really looked more intense and plush.

The paint pots really add depth to your shadows and make them seen like they are lit from within. The colors just pop. I love these little pots!