Cle de Peau Extra Silky Lipstick

4.7

Squalane, hydrogenated Polyisobutene, bis-Behenyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleate, triisostearin, phenyl Trimethicone, polyethylene, microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, mica, diisostearyl Malate, trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, glyceryl Diisostearate, red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, pentaerythrityl Tetrabehenate/Benzoate/Ethylhexanoate, sodium Magnesium Silicate, tocopherol, polysilicone-2, glycerin, fragrance (Parfum), Methicone, dimethicone, iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Polyacrylate-4, water (Aqua), Tetradecene, bht, citronellol, linalool, silica, sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate; May Contain: Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 12/16/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great lipstick. This lipstick was a complete splurge for me and the most I ever spent on a lipstick..I got this in 111 which reminds me of viva glam V color. It feels amazing on and I can really tell the difference between this and Serum de Rouge. This one seems to glide on better and it has a bit more of a sheen than the de Rouge. I don't find the packaging special...looks kind of like a marker. I think its worth it to try out!

on 11/2/2010 12:26:00 PM

Very moisturising, applies (glides!) smoothly, nice glossy sheen, but not terribly lasting wear. Lovely colours, worth picking up a few if price is no object.

on 10/20/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with cle de peau. I think it's the price that fascinates me, considering the packaging isn't that fancy or eye-catching. The product itself is solid- a nice lipstick that wears an average amount of time and garners quite a few compliments every time I wear it.

I ordered 125 off of the Saks website (had a coupon for a discount), which I promptly returned to the store to exchange it for 114. 125 was bought by a woman while I was waiting in line, however, and I think it would be nice on someone with a lighter complexion. For me (medium skin tone, green eyes, brown hair, naturally dark lips), I needed more of a berry color to complete my makeup collection.

Bottom line, great product, I'd buy again. Just don't bother trying to order the right color off of a website- their swatches are nothing like the actual color!

on 9/9/2010 2:14:00 PM

I have tried hundreds of lip products and the CdP Extra Silky blows doors on any other lipstick I've ever tried! It's got great pigmentation and a smooth, hydrating, luscious texture which leaves your lips moisturized even after its faded and worn off. The price is $52 but well worth every penny. Its the only thing that is stopping me from buying every shade. I have very pigmented lips so 111 is a nice "my lips but better" shade. I also have 114 which is a medium berry tone with shimmer. very pretty for fall.

Try it! you will NOT be disappointed!

on 8/14/2010 9:06:00 AM

Here I am to gush about this product along with everyone else. Everything positive is noted below and does not bear repetition. The most beautiful lipstick I have ever owned. My lips remain soft long after the lipstick has faded away. I own shade 106, a soft pale pink. The price is obscene but the pain of the purchase was quelled by the pure magic of this product and it would not stop me from buying another. This blows Chanel and all the others out of the water.

on 8/12/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is way too expensive, but it is the first lipstick I have bought and can use without gloss on top for moisture. Lovely texture, beautiful colors.

on 8/1/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing CdP extra silk lipstick shade 109.Beautiful color.Yes I first feel in love with color then with texture,now I love both.Amazing,luxury feeling on your lips.I even cannot compare this to any other product,feels perfectly moist on your lips but not leaking,just nice and moisturizing,and your lips feels so smooth and plump,looking bigger.This is the best lipstick I ever tried,I feel it is gloss with lipstick,sooo nice..Ahh
I would buy again but it is soo expensive,and I wish I can buy more shades...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not a lipstick girl. Just the word lipstick is generally enough for me to walk away and find something with the word "gloss" or "balm" in it.

This is absolutely amazing, the first and only lipstick I've ever purchased (I've tried hundreds, I live in Manhattan where Sephoras are like Starbucks on every corner so I have access to anything I want to try) and I would purchase it again in a heart beat. I bought it a few months ago and I wear it daily. It seems to last for longer than most of my lip glosses ever have. It's so silky that just putting it on makes me happy and there's no goop, no stickiness, my boyfriend doesn't moan when I put it on because he doesn't even notice the texture.

I have the 118 which is almost my natural lip color. Love it.

on 7/13/2010 7:23:00 AM

This is definitely a splurge for me and in general the price is outrageous. That being said, I absolutely love this lipstick. The first time I purchased it I didnt' realize the price till after, and swore I would never buy it again. Well, I did because it goes on so smoothly and feels silky without being sticky. I re-purchased #114 which is a beautiful plum color. Most recently I needed a red for my daughter's wedding this August as I am wearing red silk dress. I am not usually a red lipstick person. Not my comfort zone. Bought a Chanel lipstick which is okay, but was curious if CDP had a nice red. Bought #112, which is a deep red with a touch of pink and what can I say...it's beautiful. It's hard to beat these lipsticks despite the price.

on 6/9/2010 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The product itself is excellent. I don't know how to describe it. It is just so silky and smooth and moisturising, and doesn't leave flakes afterwards on my lips which most lipsticks and lipbalms do. It's so weird. It's like putting oil, but not oil. I will definitely buy this in more shades despite the twinge when handing my credit card over to purchase this ridiculously priced lipstick!

Also, be aware that the lipstick is not retractable. Giving it 3 lippies for packaging because of this. I like the slimness thou.
Adding on: Just found out that one of the ingredients is Argan Oil. No wonder it is so good and moisturising.

Recommended for Medium Skin