April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - lavender castile bar soap

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sourclementine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best discovery ever. I teach swimming and after 5+ hours in a pool you wreak of chlorine. This soap is the only wash I've found that actually takes the smell off without having to re-lather like 4 times. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

I've struggled my entire life with acne on my upper back, along with whiteheads on my shoulders and tops of my arms. I've used body washes from all over. From Olay, to LUSH, to Aveeno for sensitive skin... NOTHING would clear up the acne. I was always self conscious to wear tank tops, shirts which had low backs, bathing suits, or sometimes even short sleeves because I would have spots everywhere. I always thought the problem was ME, until I tried Dr. Bronner's castile bar soaps. I actually have avoided looking at my back and shoulders in the mirror after showering because I'm always horrified at what I see, and I pretty much always know what to expect. Acne. And it always threw me into a worse depression. So I started using this soap with a buffing shower sponge and after a couple weeks using it, I went to wring out my hair in the sink and I accidentally caught a glimpse of my back. I automatically went to cringe, when I actually did a double-take... there was NO acne. Anywhere. My skin was even toned, clear, no scarring, no red spots, no acne, no whitehaeds on my shoulders. It was perfectly clean, smooth and beautiful. That day I wore a low-back shirt and brought my hair in front so it draped over my left shoulder. That's how confident I felt and how happy i was that I could show off my back without feeling embarrassment. It's an all-natural soap. I personally love the Lavender, and the Peppermint one the best. I don't break out at all anymore. Harsh, drug store washes are basically detergent. I'm realizing now that THESE are the products which would aggravate my skin. It was the harsh washes full of chemicals that would destroy my skin. I wish I had known about Dr. Bronner's years ago when I was a teenager, but I'm very glad I know about it now. I no longer use anything else. I find the Peppermint wash can be slightly drying, so I follow up with moisturizer, but the Lavender one doesn't do this. Will continue to buy again and again. <3

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I've been a fan of the liquid soaps for a while now and decided to give the bar soap a try when the lavender liquid soap was out of stock at iherb. I was worried it would be drying to my skin but I was delightfully wrong. I prefer to use this in the shower much more than the liquid kind as I find it to be less wasteful and lathers more easily. It keeps my face and back clear from breakouts as well as the liquid version.
I've been using it for more than a month now and it hasn't shrunk much at all because I keep it out of water's reach when not in use.
The only issue I have is that the scent can really burn your nose when you're washing your face with it. Other than that, I love it and would repurchase.
If you want to reduce your plastic usage and use Dr. Bronner's to shower mainly, give this a shot :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by NataliaArtwork

Hallelujah for the most amazing soap discovery that will cleanse your skin without harmful chemicals, sulfates, and detergents!

My skin could never get used to those facial cleansers they sell at the local drugstore (St. Ives, Neutrogena, Alba, Olay, Ponds...you name it, I've tried it). I hated having a bathroom cabinet filled with handfuls of bottles for specific things. I just wanted ONE that would do the trick. Well, I came across Dr. Bronners Lavender Castile Soap and will never look back again!

My skin had to go through a "detox" period, because the ingredients were natural and had essential oils...products my skin had never been exposed to before. But after about a week, my skin got used to the "liquid soap" not the bar and has improved! I use it as a make-up remover and cleanser for my face & as a body wash. It smells wonderful and gets rid of the grime and dirt your skin is exposed to during the day. This soap is healthy and will clean out that bathroom cabinet of yours for sure! You can buy this at Walgreens, Whole Foods, and or a GNC Vitamin store. Price varies: I bought mine on sale for $5 (8oz) and I've used up only an ounce during the past month! Its great, affordable, durable, and a blessing! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by linthalaa

This soap has a wonderful smell and doesn't dry the skin at all. I even use it for wash my hair sometimes.

Dr. Bronner's soaps are wonderful, i use to have eucaliptus and peppermint soap too. I use the liquid soaps for my washing machine and my cloths smell so fresh and fragant, it's wonderful!!.

You can find it on www.iherb.com very cheap, and if you want a $5 discount for your first order on www.iherb.com use the code LOP784 at checkout.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by cate1858

I just got this soap and I already love it! I use it in the shower to wash everything. It makes my hair and scalp feel super clean but I definitely recommend using the Dr. Bronner's conditioner because it does make your hair slightly dry. The smell is also wonderful! I'm obsessed with lavender and this is the perfect kind. It isn't floral it's true lavender smell!

I'm still deciding whether I like using it as a facial cleanser because it does feel slightly drying. And be sure to avoid the eye area because it makes the skin there feel really tight and dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by oliphaunt

I love Dr. Bronner's Lavender bar soap. The smell is so good, neither too medicinal nor too sweet. It lathers up very well, so silky! I really look forward to showering with this soap. I love that it's all natural, and am a fan of the whole Dr. Bronner's line. I do wish it was a bit more moisturizing, but I've honestly never found a body wash or soap that was moisturizing enough on its own. Ah well, that's what body lotion is for. Anyway, I definitely recommend this, am now on my fourth bar and plan to continue using this for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by leah732

This is the BEST soap I've ever purchased to wash my face! I'm sure it is good all over, but for my sensitive/combination face, I would get breakouts using expensive products like DDF gel cleansers and origins. Now I know better - less harsh ingredients work well for my skin. I only use the BAR soap for my face, the gel would probably be too drying. For those who use the gel, you have to dilute it or else it will dry you out a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this soap. It smells amazing! Like real lavender. I hate when I buy a lavender-scented product & it smells like perfumey crap or Old Spice. I use it mainly for body-washing, but I sometimes use it as shampoo if my hair is really dirty. I shampoo with this, then follow with Organix Pomegranate shampoo & it leaves my hair really silky. I haven't had the guts yet to just use the soap alone though. Maybe someday, lol... I've noticed that when I shower with this, I do not get that tight, dry feeling on my skin when I dry off, which is really cool. I tried washing my face with this a few days ago too, and I broke out REALLY bad, so I don't recommend it for facial use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this soap to wash my hair since lavender is good for dandruff. I tried the tea tree soap and it dried out my hair like crazy. The lavender keeps it nice and soft. I will never use shampoo nor conditioner since shampoo contains sulfates and strip your scalp of natural oils and conditioner coats your hair. So, your hair really isn't healthy; it's coated with quaternary ammonium compounds (formaldehyde releasers) and silicones. Upon using Dr. Bronner's soap to wash my hair, initinally, my hair felt thick and rough. That's because the coatings on my hair were coming off irregularly. My hair was going through the "detox". If you keep using it, you'll notice your hair becomes softer without the use of conditioner. This soap does exactly that. It doesn't coat your hair; it keeps it clean and soft. With continued use, you will have the hair you remebered from childhood. It's a great thing to know your hair will be truly healthy without anything to mask it.