April 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Cash Flow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't really know what this color would be like at first, some said it looked like a dirty gold while others said it was olive in color. I RIS this color, and I really like it, its an odd color, but its very pretty. To me, its looks like dirty gold, lighter than Indianwood, with very slight green undertones. Its a pretty metallic color, and shares the rest fantastic paint pot qualities the rest carry. This really brightens up nearly all eyeshadow, a very versitile base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

First, this color seems to look different on different complexions. I am Asian, with definite yellow undertones, and on the lighter end of the complexion spectrum. Cash Flow is a pale, neutral (as opposed to warm and coppery or bronzey) gold on me. Not green--just a light, gleaming gold, with a somewhat metallic but not frosty shine.

I like it by itself with some dark liner and/or Stila's Golightly in the crease. I also like to neutralize it a bit by blending a little of NARS' All About Eve II on top (this is also a great way to make AAE a little less white and frosty).

The pot is really big and I like the expensive heft of the glass. I am a little afraid of the product drying up before I manage to use it all. A (plastic) squeeze tube might've been better for this kind of product. Possible repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

MAC should have made this shade permanent because it is so pretty. It is a nice medium gold shade that looks so beautiful on. You can wear it alone or as a base for other eyeshadows. Shows up well. I purchased this at the local CCO for a bit cheaper than it was sold when it was at MAC stores and counters.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I scored this at a CCO store. I love the color and it's somewhat a pale gold, I don't see any olive to the tone. It's beautiful, and a steal at CCO prices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gold-olive color , exactly what i wanted for a long time. i love it. I would buy it again if they will bring it back because it was limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by BohemianSheila

I LOVE this paintpot. It is the only gold color that looks gold on my eyes. I was completely entranced with Christina Ricci's make-up in Speed Racer they gave her that natural, pale, glowy look and was trying to figure out how to re-create it with my skintone. Well, a little Cash Flow & a little Gold Mode pigment *et voila!* glowy, beautiful eyelids.

This color is amazing as a base to add some shimmer and brighten your eyeshadow look. Get it while you can!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by candrakirana

I love love love paint pot. It is cream shadow but it doesn't feel greasy on my eyes. It glides and melts easily in my eyes. It is very practical for everyday use. I love this goldish color. I love to use cash flow as a base and apply Clinique nude bronze soft pressed eyeshadow on. Voila, a natural yet bright eye color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a green shadow that had lots of shimmer and could you believe MAC didn't have a single one or at least what I was looking for. So, I picked this up and loved it-I knew this would give my green shadows just the oomph that I was looking for. On me it looks more green than gold. I was a little confused as to why everyone keeps saying it's gold to me it's green. I will use it for that purpose to make my greens really stand out. I say no I wouldn't buy it again b/c it'll last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by vthaoyang

love it. works great. use it everyday with every color eye shadow. i use it as a base on my eyelids. last all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Part of the Fafi collection) This was my first paint pot and I'll definitely be buying more. Cash Flow is a lovely burnished gold that's not too dark or warm, so it works great on my pale skin. Since it's a fairly neutral gold I think it would work on a variety of skin tones as well. The staying power was great with a base (I used Urban Decay Primer Potion) but like every cream shadow I've tried, I doubt it would hold up without a primer on my oily lids. Texture-wise it's similar to Shiseido Hydropowders or BB's cream shadows - goes on light and smooth and dries quickly.