July 22, 2014 | 2461 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kaylerina

I have just hit pan on my second, or possibly third purchase of this shadow. I always use this as my base for every eye look over elf primer. I'm actually more of a high end girl when it comes to shadows but these two simple products are my HG and have been for about 2 years. I also Use this as a highlight on my cheek bones when I am slightly paler in the winter. So affordable and such a great colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great shadow! Today is the first day I am using it..... I did my makeup at 7 this morning and as of now (around 3:30PM) it still has that freshly applied look, no fading or creasing whatsoever. It's a beautiful 100% matte cream/ivory shade. I use it from lash to brow and then put a brown shadow in my crease. I also used it to set my concealer, worked like a charm. It's dirt cheap...... picked it up in Target for 3 dollars and some change. If your on the hunt for a matte highlight shade I highly recommend Maybelline Linen.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

This e/s is now a matte shadow and no longer has any shimmers in it. It's good for a subtle highlight, and it looks much more office appropriate than a shimmer highlight. It's not very pigmented, but it's not chalky either. It's a light bone/ cream color, like that of vanilla ice cream. It's hard to find matte highlights in the drugstore brands, and I got it for $3.50 at target

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by streetlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the uses of this. It can be used for a highlight, a full wash or use just a little bit. The only problem with this, along with pretty much ever Maybelline eyeshadow, is the short lasting time. It will crease in about two hours time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG Highlight! Loves it. It is the perfect finishing touch for my eyes. It's a warm cream with a hint of pinky/gold with out being OTT. It can also double as a wash of color for my whole eye! It is not ashy in the least and can be used alone or with any eye look. Now that I think about it, this is the eyeshadow version of MAC's Luminary Lusterglass. Total must have in my collection. I plan to stock up because Mabelline is known for getting rid of colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Linen works as a highlighter or an all over color wash. The days that I use this are my light makeup days. The color is light, so it doesn't give off too much shimmer. I top Linen off with an eyeshadow from NYX called Ultimatum, which is my favorite eyeshadow w/ the right amount of shimmer. It's a nice combo with a gel liner, a little lip gloss or nude lipstick. It's my perfect look for running errands, so I don't get caught with absolutely no makeup on. I love the Maybelline Expert Wear Singles ~ they are a great product and a great value...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by mindynguyen27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

DUPE FOR MAC'S SHROOM EYESHADOW!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by nebulus

Got this at RiteAide for 40% off. It's a nice cheap highlighter for people with medium/dark skin, however, this product didn't show on my light olive asian complexion. Also, it feels a bit chalky; the pigmentation of the powder is not great. It didn't show through for me. It's also very dry so after I put it on all I could see were dusty dry patches on my face. Had to return it. Well, you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use "Linen" as an eyeshadow base and as a highlighter. It's shimmery, but not obnoxious and glittery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I love this shadow as highlighter. It's not chalky and not too white and shimmery. I love it!