July 28, 2014 | 2052 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Aurai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product and for the price you can't beat it. I have more expensive primers that I use on special occasions, but this is my go to everyday choice. The orange color is strange at first, but does not look that way once I apply my foundation. I am 54 with combination skin and only use this product in the t zone and under my eyes. I find it is too dying to use on the rest of my face. It works well evening out my skin tone, helps hide dark under eye circles and minimizes my pores. I think it is the best drugstore primer I have found and a good deal for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I seen this at the drugstore one day and figured I'd give it a go since it was cheap and I like some Rimmel products. It was...not good. My biggest problem with it is the color. I don't understand why it's orange. Like literally, orange. I'm super fair and when I would wear this, even under my foundation I felt like my face looked orangish and just weird. I also don't like the consistency. It's super runny and I don't feel like it did anything for my pores and definitely didn't keep my makeup on any longer than if I didn't wear a primer. Definitely won't be repurchasing. Boooo.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Not the best primer I couldn't really tell a difference when I used this, it does make my skin soft but it doesn't do anything for my pores and doesn't prolong the wear of my makeup. Would not recommend this primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by sS1221R

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer is worthless. I bought it as a last minute cheap drugstore primer and thats exactly what it was. the color of the product is a gross orange that you have to completely blend out on your face or you'll have oranges blotches. also did nothing for keeping my makeup on longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by xglasgowgirl

This done nothing but make my face look oily and made my skin look more problematic. wouldnt re-purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just didn't seems to work for me at all. I break out everytime I tried it. And on top of that it didn't work like it should have. My face looked the same with or without this under my foundation. No extra lasting power either that I noticed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Emilymarie0103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have been testing this product out for 1-2 days a week for the last 3 weeks or so. So I feel I have a pretty good grasp on how it went for me now.

I purchased this in the hopes that I could find an everyday primer instead of using my expensive Stila all the time. Here are the reasons I personally do not like this product.

After patting this into my skin I find that it clings to any slightly dry patch I may have and accentuates it even more when i apply my dewy finish foundation. I moisturise prior to primer and let settle for about 5 mins before going in with primer waiting another 5 for settle time and then applying foundation and so on, my skin is well prepped and has never done this to me before.
This primer also seems to make all my foundations oxidise after about an hour,sometimes sooner, i'm unsure if this has anything to do with the tint to the product but that's just my guess. Having yellow undertones, my foundations turning pinky/orange only when i seem to be trialling this primer is a big no no for me.
It also has a scent to it, quite florally and not the most pleasant but luckily it seems to fade after a wee bit.

There were two things that I did like about this primer though, it did prolong the wear time of my foundations as opposed to not wearing any and it also seemed to keep me shine free/matte while I was at a Beyonce concert dancing my heart away :) This was a pretty good thing i thought.

Overall I think that if you have a more pink based skin tone this primer could be ok, maybe trial pairing a foundation that is a shade or two lighter to allow for the possibility of it oxidising. Have a play with it, I think this would definitely work for someone out there but for myself I dislike it... quite a lot :/

I can safely say I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Bittersweet43

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever use Primer. Maybe once a month if I go out somewhere where I really "dress up" like a club or a party.
I've been using it for a few years ever since my urban decay ran out and i've been lacking funds.
Anyway. I like it a re-buy it because it does the job. for me at least. IT IS an awkward color. I never really was bothered by the color until I read all these reviews talking about how gross the color is lol. Once I put foundation I don't notice the orangey undertones.... maybe that's just me?
I have a medium to tan complexion too.
It keeps my face on. It doesn't crease or maybe me look cakey. It makes my skin look smoother and nicer.
I will continue to by this until I can afford something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brought this primer years ago when I was just starting out in makeup and didn't know any better, I wish I had. Picked it up at Walmart, cost around $7.99~$8. I couldn't even use it because of the orange color, I'm a brown skinned girl so I never even had a chance :/ To the tanned and brown...You've been warned.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by azulxxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping it would be good enough so i wouldnt have to end up buying a more expensive primer!
It really does suck.. The apricot colour is really strange and the primer doesnt do anything infact it has made my makeup look cakey and gross and the apricot undertone has made my usually flawless Mac NC25 look horrible!

Hopefully the Smashbox primer i buy will be much better, the reviews seem great! x