April 18, 2014 | 1524 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Bittersweet43

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever use Primer. Maybe once a month if I go out somewhere where I really "dress up" like a club or a party.
I've been using it for a few years ever since my urban decay ran out and i've been lacking funds.
Anyway. I like it a re-buy it because it does the job. for me at least. IT IS an awkward color. I never really was bothered by the color until I read all these reviews talking about how gross the color is lol. Once I put foundation I don't notice the orangey undertones.... maybe that's just me?
I have a medium to tan complexion too.
It keeps my face on. It doesn't crease or maybe me look cakey. It makes my skin look smoother and nicer.
I will continue to by this until I can afford something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brought this primer years ago when I was just starting out in makeup and didn't know any better, I wish I had. Picked it up at Walmart, cost around $7.99~$8. I couldn't even use it because of the orange color, I'm a brown skinned girl so I never even had a chance :/ To the tanned and brown...You've been warned.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by azulxxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping it would be good enough so i wouldnt have to end up buying a more expensive primer!
It really does suck.. The apricot colour is really strange and the primer doesnt do anything infact it has made my makeup look cakey and gross and the apricot undertone has made my usually flawless Mac NC25 look horrible!

Hopefully the Smashbox primer i buy will be much better, the reviews seem great! x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great primer! I use this one and have also used the other one called pro. This one I prefer more, it feels so smooth on the skin, helps keep my oily t-zone in check, and my makeup applies smoothly over top. I will definately buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by toulose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite primer was a YSL, has been discontinued and its replacement priced itself off my list. No matter, there is Rimmel, a winner for me and when I used it on my Mother's skin as wedding makeup for her grandson's wedding she loved it too. I bought a non tinted one in the States and the tinted one in my home country. My advice is to try both and see which one works best with your makeup. It's worth serious consideration.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by NICOLESINGH1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is really good. My foundation breaks on my smiles lines and looks really ugly. Ive tried quite a few primers but this one works pretty well. It also helps my makeup go on smoother. I also like that its a peach colour, it help even out my skin a lil bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Sinjin1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Being an older lady I was quite impressed with primer not just being a sheer dimethicone lotion. I apply with a stipple and use a foundation over it..Very important how you apply a setting powder. It hid pores and lines quite well. It comes in several formula's. I think it works well. I would highly recommend for older skin, I've got a drawer full of primers..I find myself reaching for this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Imogenrussell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately this just didn't do anything for my skin. Didn't create a better base for my makeup, if anything I felt that it made my skin absorb my foundation, it was too runny and thin. I just found it sticky and didn't make my skin look any better or my foundation last any longer. A shame because it's not too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Licia23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, but I don't. Here's why:

Although I am on a frugal living campaign, I cannot continue to use something that makes my face look like I threw ash on this. Clearly, this is not suitable for darker skin tones.

Also, it left streaks on my face this making the need to go heavier on the foundation and not lighter. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I would rather use a BB cream than this product. IJS...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by evarosie

Wasn't sure about the necessity of a primer but found that an application of this primer across all of face (with particular focus around my nose, chin and tops of cheeks) really smoothed out my skin and provided and great base for foundation and concealer. The primer smells quite comforting and is absorbed into my skin really quickly as it's a good consistency. It doesn't clog up my pores as I thought it might, but instead makes my foundation look better and last longer. Packaging isn't anything special, but the product is a makeup bag staple and suits my combination/sensitive skin to a tee!