October 23, 2014 | 1437 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Defining/Angled Eye Brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush has many uses, but it isn't amazing at them. It can be used at different angles for different purposes. However, it is not for eyeliner, because it is too thick and not dense enough. I tried it to highlight (okay), put eyeshadow on the lid (not very good), use it in the crease (not bad), on the lower lashline (pretty good), and use it for brows (very good). It is rather soft, but not very dense. As with most elf essential brushes, the metal part fell off the handle, but this is easy to fix. I don't use this brush that often and wouldn't buy it again, but if you're looking for a cheap ($1), multipurpose eye brush, then try it out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have quite a severe hooded eye, so most brushes recommended for "regular" eyes just don't work on my eye shape (that includes the usual shaders, blenders and crease brushes). I've found this one, quite to my surprise, works extremely well for my eye shape. I can use it to apply solid colour over the lid, but still be able to get to the inner corners (too big of a brush just won't do it). Changing the brush angle, I can also use it to apply colour loosely to the outer v and crease, go over with tapered blender, and build up colour intensity upwards in the crease with the e.l.f brush, using it both horizontally for depth in and just slightly above the crease, and vertically in the crease for added height to help the hooded eye. The beauty is all in the angles of it. It can be used at a diagonal angle for inner eye highlight, vertically to sweep colour across the lid, horizontally for the crease, or in a controlled patting motion using more of the flat tip for more intense lid colour, changing up the angle as needed.

For the price, I honestly wasn't expecting much, I put it in my cart at the last minute as a spare brush for when my others were still wet or packed away, however, I find myself reaching for this more than a lot of other brushes.

I can see it may not be everyone's cup of tea if you're used to different application methods, but it does have some practical uses for the right application. But for the price, it's not a huge risk if it turns out you're not a fan.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by allausmle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is terrible. I don't understand the ratings? It is very scrathcy, extremely flimsy, does not pick up enough color, whatever is manages to pickup, it kind of drags and makes a mess under the eyes. There are tons of other brushes for $1 (seriously, ANY brush will be better) that are of better quality. This brush also sheds. Garbage. No worth even a penny. Do not buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jacqc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with kr1sti below. I bought this because of the ratings here, but the brush is very scratchy. Not something I would use on my eyes! It also doesn't pick up enough product. At least I didn't waste a lot of money since it was only a few dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite ELF brush. Not all of their brushes are soft. Some brushes unfortunately have shedding. For example, I really can't stand their C brush. This one, however, is really nice. It is very soft. The angle is perfect for the outer corner. I also use it to put mineral powder underneath my waterline. It sets the eye liner very well. My only complaint: not enough bristles. But for the price, it gets an A - .

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by NiaJay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush fell completely apart after i washed it 3 times bristles fell out in clumps terrible but at least it was only a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by habana

My eye shadow goes on so smooth and even with this brush. No shedding either. I can't believe it's only $1. Great brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great Brush! I have had mine for forever and washed it too, and no shedding! Perfect shape for my eye crease, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a good brush your gonna get for a buck, its pretty good at what its suppose to do. i use this for my crease and the bottom lashes. its just as good and some of the department store ones that irritate my skin. overall good brush for a buck. this was a great buy. will definitely repurchase. check this brush out ladies!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have only one use for this brush, but it is the only one I use for brow highlighting. Because of it's angled shape, it gives me a precise line above and below the brow.

I would recommend it for that, but cannot attest to its use in the crease.