Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am forever on the hunt and trying new mascara's, with this being my most recent purchase. Now this is just amazing and does exactly what it claims to do. No smudge and lengthening.

What I love about this product is that it's nice and black, and dramatically lengthens the lashes in one swipe. It is however not volumising, which I admit I love, instead of giving a fake lashes look, it gives a more subtle look, as if your eyelashes are nice and long naturally.

Whilst the product is on the more expensive side (especially in australia) it is worth the investment. If however you cannot justify the price, a great alternative is essence cosmetics ultra waterproof mascara which works pretty similar but retails for around $4.10.

I have tried many times to give up on this products, but I always come back to it. I have very oily eye lids and most brands of mascara smudge in a few hours. But not this, I have done 48hours with this and not a single smudge. I have cried with it many times and again didnt have to worry about my mascara smudging. I wear contact lenses and have never had problems with this product.

Applies perfectly, never cakey or blotchy, isnt too thick so can layer it on and still get a natural feel.

If you want a natural, good quality, smudge free, mascara for daily use I really recommend this.

If you want something that will volumnise or lenghten lashes than this might not be the product for you. Doesnt give the thick fake lash effect other mascaras do.

I have really oily lids and a high cheek bones that tend to get oily. Whenever I smile or shut my eyes tighter, whatever mascara I am wearing - waterproof or normal - will rub off onto my under eyes. After discovering tubular mascaras, the first true one that I have ever purchased is this one. It really doesn't wear off no matter how oily I am. I am even brave enough to coat my lower lashes because I know this mascara won't budge.
I love how easy it is to remove. I wipe off all of my makeup excluding the lashes, then I splash some water over it (doesn't necessarily have to be lukewarm) and tug on it lightly with my fingers. It comes off very cleanly and doesn't leave any residue.
The only downside is that it really weighs down my lashes. I could curl them multiple times, apply a coat, curl, apply a coat - and the product will still weigh it down.
But nonetheless, I've found a way to work with it: I apply two coats of waterproof mascara (I use Maybelline Colossal Cat Waterproof) and coat the outer lashes with Double Wear Zero Smudge.
I really would like to give this mascara 4.5 if I could.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Excellent mascara. Finally a mascara that doesn't smudge and make my eyes red! Expensive but worth it!

I am not one wears make up often. On average, I wear mascara once a week. I have a huge collection of them though through buying or been given or just samples. I have to say this is the only one that does not smudge what so ever. I tries using other mascaras such as benefit or Lancôme or ysl together with Clarins eye brow and mascara coating, even those combi can't beat the zero smudge performance of this one. I absolutely hate anything that smudges because it makes the made up face look dirty and cheap. In terms of lengthing yes it does lengthening so is a plus. The only thing it doesn't do is volumising your eyelashes but if you want to have a clean, defined and natural look then it will be perfect for you. For special occasions I always use the ester launders eyelash primer first then use a different mascara such as Lancôme or ysl then apply talika eye lash fibre then last coat the double wear zero smudge. Then you will have a fluttery eyelashes which is not going to randomly smudge everywhere!

The only mascara I've found that doesn't smudge. I touch my eyes a lot during the day & everything else I've tried leaves me with major panda eyes.
Love the fact it rinses off with warm water.

I am quite fickle when it comes to mascaras despite finding something I am happy with I always want to try something new. When I was running low on my usual mascara, I decided to pick this up. It's not terrible but it's not great either, a mediocre mascara. I give it props for not ever smudging on me because I have oily lids and nothing ever seems to stay put. There's no wow factor to it and it definitely can't seem to hold my curl. This mascara dried out very fast, probably in about 2 months? It doesn't add a whole lot of length either but adds quite a bit of pigmentation. Back to the drawing board!

HG for me. Everything smudges on me except for this. I'm not crazy about the price but the fact that it stays put without smudging or flaking is worth it's weight in gold.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Yet another "tubing" type mascara that just won't stay on lashes and falls off before its supposed to. Tons of flakes end up all on top of my cheeks and fall into my eyes to irritate them like crazy. Can't understand why they advertise it as 15 hour wear?? Maybe its because I have oily skin but I don't have trouble with the wear of most regular mascaras. For the price I was surprised it gave almost NO volume, curl or blackness, and I found it clumped lashes together :(

How refreshing: a mascara that stays put, doesn't smudge or flake, looks fab throughout a long day and washes off with warm water.

I cannot cannot cannot wear most mascaras, as so many just result in smudges - sometimes to embarrassing levels. So many, gorgeous mascaras were failures: Lancome, Dior, benefit, etc. Tubing and gel mascaras helped: Blinc, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and L'Oreal. None of them, though, held up to this with ease of application vs. finished look.

One of the best things: the SA took the time to educate me with this, demonstrating a firm "swirl" inside the tube before extracting the wand. This helps clear the brush of excess mascara and diminished clumps.

I'll post again to comment on longevity - this is the first week, but I'm loving it so far.

UPDATE: The tube didn't last long enough for the $$$ price to merit repurchase.

Popular Mascaras