Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 1/13/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Excellent mascara. Finally a mascara that doesn't smudge and make my eyes red! Expensive but worth it!

on 9/19/2014 3:37:00 PM

I am not one wears make up often. On average, I wear mascara once a week. I have a huge collection of them though through buying or been given or just samples. I have to say this is the only one that does not smudge what so ever. I tries using other mascaras such as benefit or Lancôme or ysl together with Clarins eye brow and mascara coating, even those combi can't beat the zero smudge performance of this one. I absolutely hate anything that smudges because it makes the made up face look dirty and cheap. In terms of lengthing yes it does lengthening so is a plus. The only thing it doesn't do is volumising your eyelashes but if you want to have a clean, defined and natural look then it will be perfect for you. For special occasions I always use the ester launders eyelash primer first then use a different mascara such as Lancôme or ysl then apply talika eye lash fibre then last coat the double wear zero smudge. Then you will have a fluttery eyelashes which is not going to randomly smudge everywhere!

on 9/4/2014 10:10:00 PM

The only mascara I've found that doesn't smudge. I touch my eyes a lot during the day & everything else I've tried leaves me with major panda eyes.
Love the fact it rinses off with warm water.

I am quite fickle when it comes to mascaras despite finding something I am happy with I always want to try something new. When I was running low on my usual mascara, I decided to pick this up. It's not terrible but it's not great either, a mediocre mascara. I give it props for not ever smudging on me because I have oily lids and nothing ever seems to stay put. There's no wow factor to it and it definitely can't seem to hold my curl. This mascara dried out very fast, probably in about 2 months? It doesn't add a whole lot of length either but adds quite a bit of pigmentation. Back to the drawing board!

on 8/29/2014 4:47:00 PM

HG for me. Everything smudges on me except for this. I'm not crazy about the price but the fact that it stays put without smudging or flaking is worth it's weight in gold.

on 7/28/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Yet another "tubing" type mascara that just won't stay on lashes and falls off before its supposed to. Tons of flakes end up all on top of my cheeks and fall into my eyes to irritate them like crazy. Can't understand why they advertise it as 15 hour wear?? Maybe its because I have oily skin but I don't have trouble with the wear of most regular mascaras. For the price I was surprised it gave almost NO volume, curl or blackness, and I found it clumped lashes together :(

on 6/16/2014 12:21:00 PM

How refreshing: a mascara that stays put, doesn't smudge or flake, looks fab throughout a long day and washes off with warm water.

I cannot cannot cannot wear most mascaras, as so many just result in smudges - sometimes to embarrassing levels. So many, gorgeous mascaras were failures: Lancome, Dior, benefit, etc. Tubing and gel mascaras helped: Blinc, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and L'Oreal. None of them, though, held up to this with ease of application vs. finished look.

One of the best things: the SA took the time to educate me with this, demonstrating a firm "swirl" inside the tube before extracting the wand. This helps clear the brush of excess mascara and diminished clumps.

I'll post again to comment on longevity - this is the first week, but I'm loving it so far.

UPDATE: The tube didn't last long enough for the $$$ price to merit repurchase.

on 5/26/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

1. It is truly waterproof and smudgeproof. The only mascara I've used so far that truly doesn't leave my lower eye lids blackened due to smudging after several hours of use. 2. The brush does lengthen the eye lashes, and accentuate every single strand of lash. 3. If it does dry out as mascara usually does, just add a couple of drops of saline solution into the bottle (the kind used for contact lenses) and the brush and mascara will be rejuvenated. Avoids clumping to occur.

on 5/10/2014 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara gets me through the day! Been using this mascara for about two years now. It does not smudge or flake, its very black, the wand is slim enough to get right to the roots. It does not give you lashes overloaded with product. They still look (and feel) kind of natural and separated which I really like. As with all Estee Lauder products, this is more on the expensive side (about EUR 24, sometimes cheaper with coupon). They also sometimes have kits that includes this mascara as well as their double wear concealer which is also very nice. A tube lasts about 8-10 Weeks, its a wet consistency and starts to get creamier over time. I do recommend it, if you like separated, long lasting lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

PRO:
- Darken the lashes immediately (it's super black!)
- Does a decent job in lengthening

CONS:
Weighed down the lashes, hence I think it's more suitable for lower lashes. However when using this on my lower lashes, I get panda eyes. In short, it smudges.

I have this in sample size and will not purchase the full size.