October 26, 2014 | 1375 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Badger - Cuticle Care

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up as I wasn't getting quite enough moisture from Burt's Bees Cuticle Butter, and had read that it was a substitute (and less smelly than) Bag Balm (which it is not). I hated the smell, and it never really did anything for my cuticles despite the quantity applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading all the good reviews and for 5 I thought it was worth a shot. It comes in a small metal tin, like a Vaseline tin, and contains 21g of product which is a lot! It is the best cuticle balm I've ever used and it has left me great skin around my fingers. Its greasy but so moisturising, I'm not a massive fan of the fragrance but not really that bothered by it either. I just put a little on after I've washed my hands and it moisturises so well. I can see this lasting me a very long time and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

Although I love Burt's Bees Cuticle Creme, I decided to try this because I like to try out different products and this came in a much bigger tin than the Burt's Bees. I think this creme is decent, at this point I like the Burt's Bees better but this does exactly the same thing. I'm an on/off nail biter, and I've always had a bad habit of picking the skin around my fingers. Because of this anxious habit, let's just say my fingers aren't always nice to look at and it makes me feel embarrassed and self conscious. I find the Badger creme is easier to apply and isn't as thick as the Burt's Bees creme. It visibly lessens redness and makes the skin very soft. Like I said, it comes in quite a large tin so I think this is going to last me a pretty long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by smittycar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! I use this periodically, It;s very greasy but It works like it's supposed to.
Very emollient, fragrance is strong but I like the smell and it dissipates fairly quick.
It will leave grease marks on things you touch so this is best right before bed. Little tinFits great in my purse for on the go treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I bought this based on online reviews. The skin around my fingernails has been a bit wrinkly and dry looking for some time. Using this has made a difference to the overall look of my fingers. I was pleasantly surprised that it absorbed so quickly. The tin closes properly but is easy to open, and in colder temperatures swiping your fingers over the product will make it soft enough to use. It has a citrusy smell which does not linger too long. It looks like it will take some time to finish this product, which makes it good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by handsnnails

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, moisturizing cuticle balm! The scent kind of reminds me of lemon cough drops and actually smells quite nice. Some may not like it, but it doesn't bother me. It's very convenient and easy to open. All you have to do is twist it slightly and it opens! Now onto the moisturizing part of it.... it's so easy to apply and a little goes a longgggg way! Your cuticles will be instantly softened and can be pushed back easily. They keep your nails healthy and very nice. It absorbs very well, but it can get a teensy bit greasy. Also, all of the ingredients are natural and organic. You can really tell the difference between massaging this and some vaseline into your cuticles. I HIGHLY recommend!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

After reading about this product and all the great reviews, I'm actually surprised that I'm not all that struck on it. I would rather a twist off cap rather than the current packaging for starters. The product itself smells really good, however the texture is very thin and greasy. It seems like I apply this and because its so thin, it fades away very quickly and doesn't really moisturize or protect. I love my Burts Bees much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was $5.99 at Wholefoods, so I decided to try it since my hands can get pretty rough from constant hand washing. It smells very nice to my nose and is filled with all sorts of good oils. I like that it has a shea butter base too. It does feel slightly oily going on my hands and feet, but is absorbed well into the skin. I can really feel a difference in the look and texture in my skin when I don't use it. Burt's bees lemon cuticle cream is another favorite of mine and smells a little better than this, but for overall performance, I prefer the Badger cuticle care. I adore the cute tin packaging and it fits well in my purse, though I would probably have to take it out during the summer months as a precaution.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by rocketbabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cuticle balm is great at what it does. It comes in a very cute little tin which is easy enough to open, but reasonably secure. The product itself is a solid, waxy balm with beads of shea sitting at the top, but the surface turns oily when you use it or in hot conditions.
It's certified organic and full of natural ingredients like shea butter, beeswax, geranium oil and mandarin oil, but the lemongrass oil is what dominates the scent. The smell actually reminds me of the Froot Loops cereal, it's quite sweet and lemony but not too overbearing.
My fingernails aren't too bad, I just apply it to the skin around the nail and on top of the nail itself, and it keeps them soft and moisturised and wards off any dryness that comes along.
It did works miracles on my toenails though. The skin around my toenails was dry and tough, so I applied some of this stuff to them and left it overnight and woke up to much softer skin and cuticles around the nails, and all the dryness was gone.
I've only been using it on bare nails so far while I let them grow and have yet to try it while wearing nail polish.
The one downside is that it's quite greasy and doesn't absorb into the skin very quickly at all. Perhaps I just use a bit too much, but for me it takes far too long to sink in properly.
I do prefer the smell and texture of the Burt's Bees Cuticle Creme over this, but I'm not willing to shell out the extra $13 for it just for those qualities -- here in New Zealand, Badger is $12 and Burt's Bees is $25.
Four lippies overall for being a good, moisturising cuticle balm/oil, one removed simply for being too greasy and slow-absorbing for my liking. Would still repurchase, though I suspect the tin may last me a while, as a little really does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by 37Chevy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best cuticle cream I have ever used. It is easy to apply and easy to carry around with you if you need to. Absolutely would buy this again and again.