July 29, 2014 | 2054 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Fair

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Prissbella

BHT and parabens. Save your money and your skin there are better options than this out there. Check out wet and wild to get the same quality. Seriously can't believe the ingredients list in this crap. Back to QVC it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by amymont

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing Laura Geller demonstrating this on QVC I decided to purchase it in fair. I’m an NC15-20 and this product was way too dark and orangey on my skin. It went on easily and my skin looked good, although darker than it should. Being summer I could get away with looking like I had a tan. After a week of use I got blackheads, blemishes and then cystic acne. I checked the product ingredients. The fourth ingredient is Isopropyl Palmitate, which I found upon checking is derived from an ester of paltmitic acide (from coconut) and coconut oil is about a 4 or 5 on the comedogenic ratings scale. I thought this might be of interest to anyone wanting to try this product who is acne prone. I found this on checking “There are several side effects when using personal care products that contain Isopropyl palmitate. It has been known to cause acne, black heads and white heads when used excessively.” (http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/learning-center/Isopropyl_Palmitate) Perhaps daily use would be considered “excessive”. I checked other Laura Geller products and they also have isoproply palmitate high up on the ingredient list, so unfortunately I won’t be using any more Laura Geller products. Laura Geller was enthusing about all the “good ingredients” in her products and talking about how much care goes into developing them. Some of her ingredients are good but I wish she had used something other than Isopropyl palmitate as there's a lot of people who get blackheads and blocked pores.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), BHT.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by zissel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not nice at all. Not enough pigment made my face look dirty.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jiller777

I own bare mins, smashbox halo powder foundation and both are really nice. I got this and love it ! I usually wear it over Origins Vitazing which is a moisturizer that has mangosteen, so it loks like tinted moisturizer, without the "tinted greasy feeling" Amazing if your on the go and just need some decent coverage. I personally love to use it "sparingly" as a setting powder of my foundation. It totally gives you an airbrushed look of perfection. Im not one for FULL coverage liquid foundations, cus my skin is in pretty good shape, but pairing with a lite coverage foundation and using this to set it, AMAZING. Routine: Moisturizer Estee Luader Day Wear, Primer/benfit porefessional, Estee Luader DW "Light" and a light dusting of the "Light shade" in the LG B&B. I use a small kabuki or powder brush. Leaves u with an amazing finish, radiant, non cakey, FLAWLESS !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I read some of the reviews I think that some folks have bought the wrong colour. If like me you are super pale get the PORCLAIN. This has a mix of cream, pink and pale tan that goes on great without streaking. I am now so old that I rarely get spots but casting my mind back to when I did, I would have needed a concealer under this product. I much prefer the baked consistency to Bare Minerals which tends to be so messy to use, I have to make-up before I dress. Also the BnB has a matte finish while the others tend to be too shiny and go oily in the heat. I got a free brush with this and I love the fact that it retracts and so stays clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by heatherrose20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I heard a lot about Laura Geller products from YouTube beauty gurus and decided to give this a try. I bought the balance-n-brighten in fair and I absolutely love it, especially paired with the bronze-n-brighten, also in fair. The balance-n-brighten is matte and has a mix of pale beiges with some bronze and yellows. I use it as a setting powder over my concealer. I don't use it over my entire face because I would lose that dewy look if I put this on all over. It works great as a setting powder, doesn't look cakey, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Just don't go overboard with the application, otherwise you might get some cakiness. Overall, love the Laura Geller baked collection, and definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by snugsmontreal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

pros: smooth, pretty, convenient packaging, nice finish (matte)
cons:orange, NOT fair, expensive, cystic acne? (my sister, not myself)

so i got this from my sister who bought it and it gave her cystic acne. while this did not give me any acne of any kind, this is so dark i could use it to contour practically! it is fair my NO stretch of the imagination, i look like i'm wearing bronzer. the coverage would be light/med it does leave a nice matte finish without being flat. if this came in an actual fair color maybe i would consider it but the fair color as it is now is not fair and not flattering. blonde hair/blue eyes/freckles beware...this is not for you way too dark.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry, Laura, but I don't think I would buy this again. While it looks natural, it's too orange for my fair skin. I'm trying to use just the sections that don't have the darker marbling, but why should I have to do that?
It does a fabulous job for coverage, that's why I'm giving it a 3.. but again, it's simply too orange.. )=

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten showed very good promise when I first tested it. The packaging is simple but cute and the product is very cool looking the pan. My personal pan was swirled with a pink to neutral tan, white and yellow. When the colors are all swirled together, the result is about an NC20; which was my first problem (I'm very NW20). This stuff is pretty yellow. Fine whatever, I can work with that. The coverage is light to medium, which is totally fine with me and I prefer that. Its totally build-able. I applied with my e.l.f Complexion Brush. After a few days of wear, I noticed big hurty pimples popping up. This was the only thing I'd changed so it must be the culprit. Its a shame because I did like it even though it was a bit yellow for me. I'm sure this would be incredible on someone who isn't as breakout prone as I. Back to LM Mineral Powder. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

"This is a product I didn't think would ever be anything special, but I was however intreasted how many positive review and was Intrigued into finding out why it was such an amazing product I am a fan of bare minerals and love the way it feel on my skin and looks but by the end of the day need refreshing, I bought this product and was shocked at the results I got from them it went on like a dream and the compact is so much easy than bare escentuals and at the end of the day it looked as fresh as it did when I put it on in the morning , the way I put the foundation on is with my handy kabuki brush from bare escentuals so quick and easy I use a very small amount and I buff into the skin , I don't think I will ever go back to bare minerals except for there mineral veil looks gorgeous with this make up thank you Laura geller you truly are amazing x