April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Organics Green Apple & Ginger Thickening & Volumizing Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sg123

I have yet to find an organic hair care line that's any good. I liked the organic hand lotions by Desert Essence so I gave this and the conditioner a try. Nope. Weighed my fine hair down and made my scalp itchy. Pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because it is organic and sulfate free and because it got good reviews on MUA. It does make my superfine hair fuller but the second day my hair is greasier than usual. After shampooing, it leaves my hair dry and causes 'flyaways'. You do not have to use conditioner with this shampoo, the comb will just glide through your hair. I will continue to use this shampoo for a few more times to see if I get over the adjustment period but if there is no improvement, I will return to my usual shampoo from France.
EDIT: Unfortunately, this shampoo isn't right for me. I used it up to clean my hairbrush & combs. Back to Klorane...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

my new HG for shampoo. I have normal, untreated hair. This shampoo smells great! (UPDATE!) This shampoo started to make my hair wired..And it stung my eyes when I used it....It's time to throw this one out! It's such a pity because the good reults lasted such a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sophrn

This shampoo has a runny, almost watery consistency. However, it did lather well. After my hair was dry, it did not appear at all volumized nor thickened. I even felt that for an organic shampoo, it did leave my otherwise normal hair a bit on the dry side. This was a definite no for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink1718

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It smells so good and it makes my hair feel awesome! I happened upon it at TJ Max one day ($5 a bottle) and decided to try it and I am so glad I did! Now I just have to find it again... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink1718

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mepoohbear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Apple shampoo and conditioner AND the Lemon shampoo and conditioner at vitacost (dirt cheap, $4.72 each) and tried them both. Both left my hair clean and frizz-free after blow drying. After using very expensive lines such as Kerastase, I am sold on this line. I'm not too keen on the scent, but it's the look of my hair that counts!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by MarieNJ

Bought this at my grocery store on a whim and I LOVE it! I have fine, slightly wavy hair, and this stuff rocks! I get nice fluffy, full hair that lasts all day long. To me it doesn't smell like green apple OR ginger, though. It kinda smells like pipe tobacco, which isn't a bad thing. Will purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought both the Shampoo and matching Conditioner and I love it! I was previously using Aveda Dry Remedy and I like how soft it makes my hair but I wanted something cheaper (Aveda's is $42 dollars for a 16fl oz!) and something that gave me a little bit of volume. I also wanted something that smelled better. I heard good reviews about the Shampoo so I decided to get both. I'm not sure how it works separately but I love how it works together! The shampoo seems to leave my hair nice and clean, gets rid of product buildup without dryness. The Conditioner leaves my hair soft, manageable with a touch of volume. The smell is great too, the green apple scent is pretty strong but I like it. For $9 each, it's a bargain compared to the Aveda.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mathkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just recently started using this shampoo and conditioner. It's smells great and leaves my hair soft and manageable. This may be my favorite natural shampoo and condition so far.