Bourjois rose d'or

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

on 5/18/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm a big fan of drugstore blushes, and usually don't buy from Bourjois so I was interested to use this blush because of all the great reviews. My biggest disappointment was the pigmentation, this blush hardly shows on my NC42 skin, I have to apply so many layers to even get a wash of colour. Secondly I hate the packaging, the round pot is cute but not practical at all. Maybe this blush isn't suited to my skin tone at all, but I wouldn't rush out to try any more from this line. Save your money and go buy a Sleek blush instead because thats what I will do from now on.

on 5/10/2013 1:02:00 PM

I really wanted to love this blush. Although it looks nice when first applied, I found it had no staying-power on my cheeks and within a short space of time, my cheeks looked pale again. I then put more of the product on in layers and still did not last. Disappointed and would not re-purchase.

on 4/28/2013 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just LOVE it! - the shade is exactly what the colour is like, it is incredibly uplifting, fresh and suits perfectly to a "marine" look - a "sailor" T-shirt, cargo pants and classic moccasins. The curved blush is silky, pleasant and delivers an even and smooth application. Less is more, as said also by other reviewers. I am quite pale , so I just even out or spread it out with a kabuki if I happen to overapply. I doubt if this is a colour for the blue-eyed, but anybody with brown/hazel eyes will find this working magic with ones complexion. It seems to last a long while, but will sure as heck rebuy once I run out.

on 2/24/2013 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have two Bourjois blushes that I keep in my make up bag all the time, which is the Rose D'Or (Golden Rose) & Rose Coup De Foudre (Love-Struck Rose). The main reason I like these blushes is because they are so well pigmented, especially for regular drug store blushes. They last all day and are easy to blend. Rose D'Or is exactly as it is described, a golden rose. It is a very bright pink with only the slightest hint of gold, but the gold helps to give the cheeks a little warmth next to the cool coloured pink. I find that I tend not to apply this blushes directly to the apples of my cheeks, but to bring it back a little bit so its slightly more natural and a bit more of a gentle flush. I learnt straightaway that less is more with these blushes, as I went in slightly heavy handed at first and the results were not good, so if you have pale skin definitely tread carefully! But overall a beautiful colour and perfect pigmentation. I find that I prefer Rose Coup De Foudre though because it is a slightly more peachy pink, which makes my cheeks look a little less bright than Rose D'Or which I like because I always prefer a subtle cheek compared to an over the top one. I think the only negatives I would have about these blushes is that they are too small, I have a fluffy blush brush and it is too big for the pan, I would like it if they made it bigger, although I've had these blushes a while now and they have lasted a long time. Also, I wish they wouldn't include the pathetic little brush, it is totally pointless and I never use them, just seems to me as though they are used as an excuse to bump the price up. Overall though, definitely would repurchase and recommend, because they have such a huge colour selection, every kind of skin tone can find the perfect blush.

on 2/2/2013 12:11:00 PM

I love this blush it looks very pretty a bright pink with a gold shimmer sooooooo lovely the package is lovely & the brush also
I definitely recommend it

This is my one and only blush, ever since I first bought it 4 years ago it has been amazing. I love the smell its beautiful and rosy and I have noticed how much of a difference it makes to my skin in photos compared to other blushes my second in line is a clinque one but its not even comparable to the bourjois blushes!
I recently found out that it has almost the exact ingridients as the chanel blushes which considering I was already sold on the product is a bonus.

Pro's:
Makes a visible lift and natural blush to my skin
Smells beautiful
Great color pay off
Last's forever and does not scatter as soon as the brush hits it.
Lovely packaging! Very sturdy, I've owned 4 of these in 4 years(that's how long they last me when I use them every other day!) and not a single one has broken inside or out!

Con's:
For me this product is almost perfect, I would love a bigger version so I could keep one in my make-up storage and one with me at all times!

on 11/1/2012 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i really like this shade, its not too pigmented but buildable. similar to MAC pink swoon but with shimmer. pink swoon is much more pigmented so i sometimes use this first with a brush of the bourjois over.
it also has a shimmer which is not too over the top but gives a lovely glow.
overall im really impressed with the bourjois products in general.
will definately be picking up more of these, esp at the price.

on 7/10/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This colour is stunning. I am very pale with freckles - Irish type complexion, and I love the colour that this gives my skin. I bought this on sale for $9.95 in AUS (usually $20ish here). It isn't super pigmented but it is just right - you can build it up without getting frustrated. It has got a sort of shimmery glow to it, but without being glittery.
Also love the smell of this. I think someone described it as grandmothery/powdery makeup. It really does smell like that in the most wonderful way! In the mornings when I've just applied it I get a waft and it's just beautiful. Staying power is ok too, not great, not terrible.
My concern is definitely about this drying out, but I haven't had that problem yet. I will definitely repurchase, and have recommended to friends.

on 6/11/2012 1:03:00 AM

This shade of blush adds the nicest Colour to my face and makes me look healthy!
The packaging is really cute and it comes with a little brush inside which I don't use but it would be nice for someone who doesn't own many brushes.
It has a slight shimmer to it without being too over the top.
I bought it for around $18 which is actually quite exspensive as it's a retail brand and a small sized pot.
Australia is heavily over priced on cosmetics:(

on 5/17/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

cute blusher. very sheer and light.

it has tiny bits of shimmer, it leaves a sheen completely buildable. you will have to swatch at least 2 - 3 times in order to get the color down. try to apply it w/ natural sunlight in the room. staying power is okay, after 6 hrs it will start to fade.

Top Rated Bourjois Products