Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 9/18/2013 8:39:00 PM

This foundation really does improve the look of my skin. It looks smoother and fresher and not at all make-up-y.
For Winter this is my go-to foundation. In Summer I prefer Dior Forever as I live in quite a hot and humid area.
The shade 021 Linen is perfect for my very fair and ruddy toned skin and tones down the redness beautifully. Hard to get in this shade though.

on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the MOST expensive foundation i have ever purchased. i was out at my local dillards looking for a new foundation to promote radiance and have a treatment to conceal my fine lines and give moisture to my thirsty desert skin. the SA steered me to this foundation, claiming it has all the treatment properties i was looking for and much more. she matched me to 031 and i said "ill take it!!" without seeing how much it was first. $85!!! what!?!?! I thought to myself this better be well worth it.. i tried it for about 4 days straight, and i just thought it was "eh" nothing special. it's now sitting under my bathroom sink along with the other 900 foundations i HAD to have at the time and is now just collecting dust.

I will not repurchase this only because it did not blow my socks off and for the price i paid i expected much better results from Dior. To me, it was just mediocre - comparable to a lesser expensive brand. * disappointed * :(

on 1/30/2013 8:44:00 PM

I have been hearing about this foundation for sometimes now. I was very curious as what is the hype about. Honestly, I think it is no more than tinted moisturizer. One can easily buy nice moisturizer and apply any nice foundation over it. Thankfully I got few samples and tried them over and over again. But each time the result was the same of a tinted moisturizer. Don't waste your money. You are better off with a nice moisturizer and a normal foundation. Just for your information, I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Besides, I do not understand how can the anti aging properties work on your skin as you will apply a moisturizer or a make base prior to foundation, which will create a layer between skin and foundation. Thus the anti aging properties will not be able to be in touch with the skin directly. Somehow, Dior doesnot seem to have thought through it. Everyone wants to look young and thus it is a good marketing strategy.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PLEASE.

on 1/14/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Final Update: In short, I tried this product in a couple of colors (020, 021, 023), and they all oxidized to a dark orange. No match and this line runs darker than other Dior foundations with the same numbers, in addition to having a oxidization issue as well. 023 was the closest match for my light olive skin-tone. I'm not fair skinned, so there shouldn't be a problem, but these colors are way off. The coverage is very light and slippery. As in, beware if you are oily. I'm combo and this stuff started slipping off at the beginning of the day during in winter. I applied primer and powder, but still no good.

Preliminary Review:
It may be a little early to write a review, and frankly, I'm not exactly sure this is HG material. But I do know that I do like this foundation enough to purchase more, especially during the winter months. This isn't exactly a moisturizing foundation, but it doesn't facilitate drying me out either.

The first time I tried this foundation, I thought what's the big deal. I guess I was expecting something to jump right out at me to affirm its price. From what I've read, the new formula runs thin and will not hide imperfections without layering. That's where I went wrong when trying it the first time and not liking it, along with using the wrong application (sponge). The 2nd time I tried it, I used more and my new Shiseido Foundation Brush. Now, I really like the overall effect of this foundation.

I've been wearing it now for a couple of weeks and I really like how it's long wearing and doesn't dry out my skin. What gives me pause is the fact the tone is a little off and I have to layer it. I purchased 21 Linen, and yep, it's yellow and a bit too deep for me. It blends okay with my foundation brush, but I can definitely tell it's not a perfect match. I have light olive skin, that tends to be between beige and yellow shades. I took home a sample of 020 Light Beige and it's just a different tone, but maybe a tad lighter than 021, just much more beige, with subtle pink undertones. Neither are a perfect match, so I may mix the two. I don't consider myself exactly fair, so I don't see how light skinned girls will be able to find a shade that matches. On another negative note, this foundations seems to oxidize just a tad.

One thing I do really like is the bottle's applicator control. It doesn't squirt all over the place and it doesn't deposit too much at one time. As far as anti-wrinkle and smoothing effects, I really can't say since I'm 35 and have no wrinkles, but it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines at the beginning of the day. So, for the time being I think this is the one for me. In the mean time, I ordered a full 020 and 023 (peachy beige) to see if I find a better tonal match, without having to resort to mixing.

1st Update: Well, I'm already doubting that I'll be keeping this foundie around. It turns out the sample I got of this in 020 from Nordies was actually Dior Nude. The color wasn't a match but I really liked the coverage. Strange because I've tried Nude when it first came out and I didn't like it for whatever reason.

In any case, I went back to the mall, figured the "thicker" foundation I had was Nude and discovered 023 was a match. Great because I don't think I'll be able to find a match with Capture Totale and I've changed my mind about bothering with mixing tones-life and mornings are too short for that nonsense. All the colors seem to be off with this line, including 023 & 021. The numbers are oddly a little different between all the Dior Foundations. I still have 020 and 023 in Capture Totale being sent to me, but frankly I don't think I'll keep them due to the light coverage and the strange tones.

For those interested, 023 in Capture Totale is definitely Peach in color. I didn't try it on my face yet, but it looked pretty peach and very different than 023 in the Nude line. Finding a color match for my light Olive skin is very difficult to say the least. Being between Neutral and Yellow is a nightmare, but light peach seems to be good match for Olive-Peachy tones.

on 12/13/2012 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my second favourite foundation, my HG is Guerlain Gold Parure but it is more expensive.
The packaging is beautiful, although I am holding my breath for the pump to break because this happened to my Dior Nude.

Nevertheless, this foundation is very nice. Provides medium coverage that is buildable, finish is satin/dewy, staying powder is excellent & does not cake/melt on my skin. The scent is not too bad.

I have shade 21 & is great for yellow undertones.
This is pricey though, but well worth purchasing for me since I have such a hard time finding foundation that works on my skin.

on 10/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Amazing foundation - HG for life. Beautiful dewy finish, luxurious feel, hides fine lines and large pores...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Totally worth the price for me. Furthermore, the bottle lasts me an avg. of 5 months.

on 10/4/2012 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Coming from someone who adores Dior foundations, this review shall come as no surprise. Yes, I own up that Dior makes foundations that work for me. This one is no exception. The finish provides light to medium coverage and dries to a satin finish. It is not greasy (but I do not recommend this for oily folks) and it does set after a few seconds. After feeling Vitalumiere streak, smear and leave a greasy mess on my mature skin, I was so happy to return to Dior. The bottle is lovely and has a nice pump which dispenses just the right amount of product. This is pricey, no doubt. Shades are limited, and you may not be able to find one that works. Linen works for NW 20/25.

Well overall this product is great, although I think you can find a Clinique brand that would give the same result. It made my dry skin drier, so I think this would be great for medium skin, not dry not oily although would probably be best for oily.

on 4/11/2012 5:56:00 PM

Hi everybody,I have been a makeup artist for many years.I am mentioning my job because i want you to trust me.I have to buy many product and most of the time they are useless. This product is amazing and there is no breaking out ,very natural and at the same time nutriant skin. My favorite foundation is la prairie but i use this foundation(dior) everyday as moisturizer.

on 3/31/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wearing this foundation for a little over a week now. It is expensive. I went to Macy's to look for a foundation. I feel like the Nordstrom at Arden Fair Mall just tries to sell me expensive products to make a commission and not actually products that look good on my skin. Anyway, my skin has been super dry from using Peter Thomas Roth's Fusion PM. I love that stuff, but it is just tight because I've been using it too much. I can wear 020 in this foundation. My face is darker than my neck, and it matches pretty good, but you have to apply it correctly or it will look like a disgusting, shiny mask. If you use 2 pumps of this stuff and apply it, it looks shiny and really orange. Yuck! There was a Dior makeup artist, and she advised me to just use one pump or it would look like a mask. It really does cover the whole face with one pump on a foundation brush. You have to moisturize well for the one pump to work properly. This has a luminous quality to it, which does give a little bit of a glow. It is a light to medium coverage. It's worth a try for dryer skin that is older. It doesn't settle into fine lines. I like it well enough. It isn't a miracle product, but it is pretty good. And, it doesn't break me out, so that is a big bonus.