December 22, 2014 | 1108 users online

Liquid - Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mbabe

I have been hearing about this foundation for sometimes now. I was very curious as what is the hype about. Honestly, I think it is no more than tinted moisturizer. One can easily buy nice moisturizer and apply any nice foundation over it. Thankfully I got few samples and tried them over and over again. But each time the result was the same of a tinted moisturizer. Don't waste your money. You are better off with a nice moisturizer and a normal foundation. Just for your information, I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Besides, I do not understand how can the anti aging properties work on your skin as you will apply a moisturizer or a make base prior to foundation, which will create a layer between skin and foundation. Thus the anti aging properties will not be able to be in touch with the skin directly. Somehow, Dior doesnot seem to have thought through it. Everyone wants to look young and thus it is a good marketing strategy.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PLEASE.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Final Update: In short, I tried this product in a couple of colors (020, 021, 023), and they all oxidized to a dark orange. No match and this line runs darker than other Dior foundations with the same numbers, in addition to having a oxidization issue as well. 023 was the closest match for my light olive skin-tone. I'm not fair skinned, so there shouldn't be a problem, but these colors are way off. The coverage is very light and slippery. As in, beware if you are oily. I'm combo and this stuff started slipping off at the beginning of the day during in winter. I applied primer and powder, but still no good.

Preliminary Review:
It may be a little early to write a review, and frankly, I'm not exactly sure this is HG material. But I do know that I do like this foundation enough to purchase more, especially during the winter months. This isn't exactly a moisturizing foundation, but it doesn't facilitate drying me out either.

The first time I tried this foundation, I thought what's the big deal. I guess I was expecting something to jump right out at me to affirm its price. From what I've read, the new formula runs thin and will not hide imperfections without layering. That's where I went wrong when trying it the first time and not liking it, along with using the wrong application (sponge). The 2nd time I tried it, I used more and my new Shiseido Foundation Brush. Now, I really like the overall effect of this foundation.

I've been wearing it now for a couple of weeks and I really like how it's long wearing and doesn't dry out my skin. What gives me pause is the fact the tone is a little off and I have to layer it. I purchased 21 Linen, and yep, it's yellow and a bit too deep for me. It blends okay with my foundation brush, but I can definitely tell it's not a perfect match. I have light olive skin, that tends to be between beige and yellow shades. I took home a sample of 020 Light Beige and it's just a different tone, but maybe a tad lighter than 021, just much more beige, with subtle pink undertones. Neither are a perfect match, so I may mix the two. I don't consider myself exactly fair, so I don't see how light skinned girls will be able to find a shade that matches. On another negative note, this foundations seems to oxidize just a tad.

One thing I do really like is the bottle's applicator control. It doesn't squirt all over the place and it doesn't deposit too much at one time. As far as anti-wrinkle and smoothing effects, I really can't say since I'm 35 and have no wrinkles, but it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines at the beginning of the day. So, for the time being I think this is the one for me. In the mean time, I ordered a full 020 and 023 (peachy beige) to see if I find a better tonal match, without having to resort to mixing.

1st Update: Well, I'm already doubting that I'll be keeping this foundie around. It turns out the sample I got of this in 020 from Nordies was actually Dior Nude. The color wasn't a match but I really liked the coverage. Strange because I've tried Nude when it first came out and I didn't like it for whatever reason.

In any case, I went back to the mall, figured the "thicker" foundation I had was Nude and discovered 023 was a match. Great because I don't think I'll be able to find a match with Capture Totale and I've changed my mind about bothering with mixing tones-life and mornings are too short for that nonsense. All the colors seem to be off with this line, including 023 & 021. The numbers are oddly a little different between all the Dior Foundations. I still have 020 and 023 in Capture Totale being sent to me, but frankly I don't think I'll keep them due to the light coverage and the strange tones.

For those interested, 023 in Capture Totale is definitely Peach in color. I didn't try it on my face yet, but it looked pretty peach and very different than 023 in the Nude line. Finding a color match for my light Olive skin is very difficult to say the least. Being between Neutral and Yellow is a nightmare, but light peach seems to be good match for Olive-Peachy tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second favourite foundation, my HG is Guerlain Gold Parure but it is more expensive.
The packaging is beautiful, although I am holding my breath for the pump to break because this happened to my Dior Nude.

Nevertheless, this foundation is very nice. Provides medium coverage that is buildable, finish is satin/dewy, staying powder is excellent & does not cake/melt on my skin. The scent is not too bad.

I have shade 21 & is great for yellow undertones.
This is pricey though, but well worth purchasing for me since I have such a hard time finding foundation that works on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

Amazing foundation - HG for life. Beautiful dewy finish, luxurious feel, hides fine lines and large pores...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Totally worth the price for me. Furthermore, the bottle lasts me an avg. of 5 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Coming from someone who adores Dior foundations, this review shall come as no surprise. Yes, I own up that Dior makes foundations that work for me. This one is no exception. The finish provides light to medium coverage and dries to a satin finish. It is not greasy (but I do not recommend this for oily folks) and it does set after a few seconds. After feeling Vitalumiere streak, smear and leave a greasy mess on my mature skin, I was so happy to return to Dior. The bottle is lovely and has a nice pump which dispenses just the right amount of product. This is pricey, no doubt. Shades are limited, and you may not be able to find one that works. Linen works for NW 20/25.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by anniebananymizer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well overall this product is great, although I think you can find a Clinique brand that would give the same result. It made my dry skin drier, so I think this would be great for medium skin, not dry not oily although would probably be best for oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by arayesh

Hi everybody,I have been a makeup artist for many years.I am mentioning my job because i want you to trust me.I have to buy many product and most of the time they are useless. This product is amazing and there is no breaking out ,very natural and at the same time nutriant skin. My favorite foundation is la prairie but i use this foundation(dior) everyday as moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for a little over a week now. It is expensive. I went to Macy's to look for a foundation. I feel like the Nordstrom at Arden Fair Mall just tries to sell me expensive products to make a commission and not actually products that look good on my skin. Anyway, my skin has been super dry from using Peter Thomas Roth's Fusion PM. I love that stuff, but it is just tight because I've been using it too much. I can wear 020 in this foundation. My face is darker than my neck, and it matches pretty good, but you have to apply it correctly or it will look like a disgusting, shiny mask. If you use 2 pumps of this stuff and apply it, it looks shiny and really orange. Yuck! There was a Dior makeup artist, and she advised me to just use one pump or it would look like a mask. It really does cover the whole face with one pump on a foundation brush. You have to moisturize well for the one pump to work properly. This has a luminous quality to it, which does give a little bit of a glow. It is a light to medium coverage. It's worth a try for dryer skin that is older. It doesn't settle into fine lines. I like it well enough. It isn't a miracle product, but it is pretty good. And, it doesn't break me out, so that is a big bonus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I discovered Nude and loved it. Then I came across the new Forever and thought wow! I finally tried Capture Totale, which I had been wanting to try for a couple years, but kept getting told that it was for "mature skin." I first tried it at the Dior counter with the Diorskin loose mineral powder and thought it looked pretty good but couldn't tell b/c of the Nordstrom lighting. Then when I got home and looked at my face, I was in complete awe (and believe me, I've tried liquid/cream foundations from almost every line)! My face looked so absolutely radiant and angelic that I couldn't stop looking at myself! I've been applying this with the Sephora #56 Airbrush. I use about a full pump and a half for my entire face, and I use the shade 020 Beige Clair, which has a brightening effect on my fair-medium skintone. Having now tried Nude, Forever, and CT, I have to say that CT surprisingly holds up the best out of the 3. Four to five hours later, my face still looks radiant and dewy (not greasy). No foundation has ever made my face look THIS radiant and beautiful. CT is very moisturizing, but not too much to the point where you're going to look oily. My laugh lines are actually pretty deep so every foundation settles in those, including CT. I think a light finishing powder, like the Diorskin loose powder is perfect to top it off, adding to the radiance CT provides. Anything thicker (full coverage powders) would make the overall appearance "cakey" imo. This is a heaping $80 but completely worth it in my opinion. I shared my concerns with the Dior SA that I was scared this foundation would make me break out because it was designed for mature skin. On the contrary, she told me that many young people wear this and are in love with it (including a MAC SA right next to the Dior counter). So, my love for Diorskin Forever has been replaced by CT. If you can afford this, no matter the age, please at least try a sample! I will update if it promotes any breakouts/irritation.

**UPDATE---had to remove 2 lippies b/c this did make me break out ultimately, so it's going back to Nordy's. If you have sensitive skin, stay away from the Capture Totale serums!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ecisabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've taken off a lippie because after wearing this for a few days I realized that it oxidized horribly on my skin, going several shades darker and turning a little orange. Yuk.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I bought this because I wanted a foundation that helped blend away my freckles and sun damage, but didn't look like I was wearing foundation. It absolutely delivers. I was a bit frightened after being matched at the Christian Dior counter because the MA threw on about 5 coats and it was very obvious and quite heavy-feeling. However, I knew that I wouldn't use that much and thought it was worth a try.

My first time applying it on my own, I used one pump, spread with my fingers and then blended with a foundation brush. When I looked in the mirror, I had a beautiful even complexion. When I looked close-up in the mirror, I couldn't even see any foundation. It was as if it had completely melted into my skin.

I only gave this 4 lippies because it is exorbitantly expensive and the color range could use serious improvement. I'm quite pale and I have the 010, which is the lightest color. If my freckles fade any more, this foundation would be too dark for me. I know if I was to put it on my daughter's skin (my coloring, but no freckles due to me being nuts about sunscreen) it would be far too dark.