August 23, 2014 | 1029 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

Amazing foundation - HG for life. Beautiful dewy finish, luxurious feel, hides fine lines and large pores...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Totally worth the price for me. Furthermore, the bottle lasts me an avg. of 5 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Coming from someone who adores Dior foundations, this review shall come as no surprise. Yes, I own up that Dior makes foundations that work for me. This one is no exception. The finish provides light to medium coverage and dries to a satin finish. It is not greasy (but I do not recommend this for oily folks) and it does set after a few seconds. After feeling Vitalumiere streak, smear and leave a greasy mess on my mature skin, I was so happy to return to Dior. The bottle is lovely and has a nice pump which dispenses just the right amount of product. This is pricey, no doubt. Shades are limited, and you may not be able to find one that works. Linen works for NW 20/25.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by anniebananymizer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well overall this product is great, although I think you can find a Clinique brand that would give the same result. It made my dry skin drier, so I think this would be great for medium skin, not dry not oily although would probably be best for oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by arayesh

Hi everybody,I have been a makeup artist for many years.I am mentioning my job because i want you to trust me.I have to buy many product and most of the time they are useless. This product is amazing and there is no breaking out ,very natural and at the same time nutriant skin. My favorite foundation is la prairie but i use this foundation(dior) everyday as moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for a little over a week now. It is expensive. I went to Macy's to look for a foundation. I feel like the Nordstrom at Arden Fair Mall just tries to sell me expensive products to make a commission and not actually products that look good on my skin. Anyway, my skin has been super dry from using Peter Thomas Roth's Fusion PM. I love that stuff, but it is just tight because I've been using it too much. I can wear 020 in this foundation. My face is darker than my neck, and it matches pretty good, but you have to apply it correctly or it will look like a disgusting, shiny mask. If you use 2 pumps of this stuff and apply it, it looks shiny and really orange. Yuck! There was a Dior makeup artist, and she advised me to just use one pump or it would look like a mask. It really does cover the whole face with one pump on a foundation brush. You have to moisturize well for the one pump to work properly. This has a luminous quality to it, which does give a little bit of a glow. It is a light to medium coverage. It's worth a try for dryer skin that is older. It doesn't settle into fine lines. I like it well enough. It isn't a miracle product, but it is pretty good. And, it doesn't break me out, so that is a big bonus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I discovered Nude and loved it. Then I came across the new Forever and thought wow! I finally tried Capture Totale, which I had been wanting to try for a couple years, but kept getting told that it was for "mature skin." I first tried it at the Dior counter with the Diorskin loose mineral powder and thought it looked pretty good but couldn't tell b/c of the Nordstrom lighting. Then when I got home and looked at my face, I was in complete awe (and believe me, I've tried liquid/cream foundations from almost every line)! My face looked so absolutely radiant and angelic that I couldn't stop looking at myself! I've been applying this with the Sephora #56 Airbrush. I use about a full pump and a half for my entire face, and I use the shade 020 Beige Clair, which has a brightening effect on my fair-medium skintone. Having now tried Nude, Forever, and CT, I have to say that CT surprisingly holds up the best out of the 3. Four to five hours later, my face still looks radiant and dewy (not greasy). No foundation has ever made my face look THIS radiant and beautiful. CT is very moisturizing, but not too much to the point where you're going to look oily. My laugh lines are actually pretty deep so every foundation settles in those, including CT. I think a light finishing powder, like the Diorskin loose powder is perfect to top it off, adding to the radiance CT provides. Anything thicker (full coverage powders) would make the overall appearance "cakey" imo. This is a heaping $80 but completely worth it in my opinion. I shared my concerns with the Dior SA that I was scared this foundation would make me break out because it was designed for mature skin. On the contrary, she told me that many young people wear this and are in love with it (including a MAC SA right next to the Dior counter). So, my love for Diorskin Forever has been replaced by CT. If you can afford this, no matter the age, please at least try a sample! I will update if it promotes any breakouts/irritation.

**UPDATE---had to remove 2 lippies b/c this did make me break out ultimately, so it's going back to Nordy's. If you have sensitive skin, stay away from the Capture Totale serums!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ecisabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've taken off a lippie because after wearing this for a few days I realized that it oxidized horribly on my skin, going several shades darker and turning a little orange. Yuk.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I bought this because I wanted a foundation that helped blend away my freckles and sun damage, but didn't look like I was wearing foundation. It absolutely delivers. I was a bit frightened after being matched at the Christian Dior counter because the MA threw on about 5 coats and it was very obvious and quite heavy-feeling. However, I knew that I wouldn't use that much and thought it was worth a try.

My first time applying it on my own, I used one pump, spread with my fingers and then blended with a foundation brush. When I looked in the mirror, I had a beautiful even complexion. When I looked close-up in the mirror, I couldn't even see any foundation. It was as if it had completely melted into my skin.

I only gave this 4 lippies because it is exorbitantly expensive and the color range could use serious improvement. I'm quite pale and I have the 010, which is the lightest color. If my freckles fade any more, this foundation would be too dark for me. I know if I was to put it on my daughter's skin (my coloring, but no freckles due to me being nuts about sunscreen) it would be far too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC25, dry and sensitive Asian skin. Using this in 021 Linen.
Pros: medium to full coverage, nice satin finish, moisturizing
Cons: the color somehow is a tad grey on my face, esp. compared to Dior Sculpt 021.
I personally like Sculpt more than this: more coverage and better color. Sculpt has a much thicker texture, but blends well with a beautyblender.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by vkoons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Capture Totale and Armani Luminous Silk are tied for first as my favorite foundations of all time. I find that despite the fact that it is much more coverage than i typically want or need, it has an incredibly natural and luxurious finish that I love. I can't say that the serum in it does anything more than make this incredibly smooth and easy to blend. The slightly dewy finish feels moisturizing and looks fantastic.

While everyone's skin is different and, of course, different skin care products can alter the way any foundation blends and wears, I have found that this foundation blends best when I: First stipple the product on with a MAC 187 or similar brush (I like to only use minimal product ). Once the foundation is even, I gently blend away from the center of the face with my fingers and then use my fingers to press the foundation into my skin. I find that the warmth of my hands really makes it melt into my skin and creates the most beautiful, natural, lit-from-within effect.

Since my skin is very dry so I typically don't worry about foundations wearing off over the day. If anything, pigment can settle into dry patches and fine lines after a few hours of wear. With Capture Totale, I don't notice the coverage fading or it settling into dry spots. If it weren't for the price, I would say it was the perfect product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loved this product. It is very luxurious, radiant and has just the right amount of moisture to make my skin flawless. I have beautiful skin witht the help of CD skincare line. This foundation is good for SLIGHTLY oily skin. Will purchase again. Love it and worth every beautiful penny.