December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought the translucent shade, which was too yellow and dark for my PPP skin. It highlights my pores and lines with a slight shine, and for oil control, it needs touch ups about every hour (and I don't have oily skin). The "2" rating is for that they are at least trying with the organic idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Kristie96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this powder! I don't usually sit down out of the blue to review one product, but I feel this one is worth it. I was using bare minerals foundation, which I like, because it has never seemed to irritate my skin. However, I could never seem to find a perfect match to my skin color in BE and ended up with what I felt was either too dark, too light, or too yellow. (and a bit pricy to boot) On a whim, I went to CVS and bought this product. It did narrow things down a bit that I was looking for something that was cruelty free, and didn't have parabens and other yucky ingredients, plus I found a 2$ coupon for the product while I was there. So for a total of I think 12$ I bought this. Did not think it would be all that great, but I was wrong. For me this is far and above better than BE. The color match is much better than anything I have tried of BE (I have tried at least 4 colors) the coverage is the same level in my opinion, and the price is crazy good! 12$ for 22 grams, compared to 25$ for 9 grams of BE! Pure craziness! I even think that it controls oil and shininess better than my BE. I used it the day I cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner and I was sweating like I ran 3 miles, but when I went to check my face later that night, (which I was certain would be an oil slick) it wasn't- it actually barely needed touched up. I wish I would have found this product sooner. Yeah, I know the brush is crappy, but I use my ecotools brushes with this that I love- they are like butter! For reference I bought this in buff beige and I would say I am a fair to medium girl who likes to use facial self tanners about once or twice a week. Hope this review inspires others to give this product a try, it has been a great find for me.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kyliemou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the first foundation that I have used that does not break me out and I have very acne-prone, combination (mostly oily) skin. This gives me medium to full coverage. Sometimes it can look cakey and make my skin flake but it is only because I did not use enough moisturizer. I find that within an hour or so, the powder settles perfectly into my pores, giving me flawless skin. I normally apply my foundation in the morning and do not reapply later in the day; it stays on all day for me (and my days are from 9am to 9:30pm)!

It does has a weird smell that is pretty indescribable. At first, I was almost gagging when I applied it on my face but within about half an hour or less, the smell isn't really noticeable anymore.

The packaging is pretty sturdy and has a small mirror on the back. When you take off the top lid, there is another lid that stops the powder from getting everywhere but in the end, powder will still come up through the sifter. It does prevent a mess though.

The kabuki brush it came with is very, VERY scratchy. I didn't even bother to try it. Just buffing the clean kabuki on my face with a light hand scared me. I use a different brush instead.

There is 0.77oz (22 grams) of product in here and it is quite a lot for a drugstore brand. I have been using this foundation everyday for the past half a year and I still haven't even made a sizable dent in it. I can still see the top of the powder through the sifter holes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this loose powder after I ran out of my BE Mineral Veil. This is an awesome alternative to that powder! This is one of the powders I use to set my makeup and it's really good. I also use it when I wear just tinted moisturizer and concealer. Its sheer and not to powdery. The only reason I give this 4 lippies is because I don't really like the packaging and the little kabuki brush it comes with is really scratchy! But there is a ton of product and it is a great powder.
:) mo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very picky with what I put on my skin.. And "Organic" caught my eye. I bought it because Organic sounded healthy and good for my skin.

I bought the powder in Translucent Light Organics; so not much coverage You're probably thinking.. Well 1/2 right, 1/2 wrong.. For being both light and translucent, it covers my redness fairly well, I'd say about 85% of it. So if You want super super light coverage, this powder does the job.

The packaging was kinda weird, I don't like it, but I can deal.

It doesn't make my skin oily, doesn't break me out.

It likes to stick to my brush though, which is kind of annoying, because I feel I have to wash it more often than usual.

Smells nice, sort of like bamboo, very natural and pleasing.

I will buy this product again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this stuff. For days when I don't want to feel like I have a lot of mu on, or if I want to clear breakouts, I use this. Creamy natural covers my fair skin and covers blemishes and redness. Great Stuff.

Comes with so much product the rebuy rate will be low- honestly ive filled a few sifter containers with this stuff and I use this everyday for a year. Great, though. Nice that it has kaolin for us oilies.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm a vegetarian and love all the little critters of the earth, so this brand had instant appeal to me - "100% Free of Harsh Chemicals. 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives. 100% Free of Parabens. 100% Free of GMO's. 100% Free of Synthetic Colors. 100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances. 100% Cruelty Free.". Even the packaging is eco-friendly. I paid $20.99 for 22g of their loose powder in "Fair". Is it a really nice powder. Is has good coverage which is buildable, it's GREAT on my skin and causes no issues whatsoever. The only problem I've noticed is that they're face products have limited tones - Light, medium, natural, beige, buff beige and meige. The light is actually a tad too dark for me, and a little on the yellow side, but I counteracted that by adding a little white loose powder into the mix. Other than the colour being a little dark for my pastey skin, I've had no problems. My skin is sensitive and acne prone, so I need coverage while not breaking me out and this does that. I plan on trying more of their products, and hope you will too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, I have tried all kinds of powder foundations and mineral makeup and never like a single one of them. they normally look cakey and then flake off on m. they also make me more wrinkly and make my pores look huge. I had a coupon for the organic wear kit in light and bought it on a whim, pretty much expecting that it would end up like the rest of the minerals in my bag up case, at the bottom never to be used again. I was very surprised with this powder. It's very light and airy and goes on like a dream. I use a different brush then the one that came with it. That thing is useless. Get a good Powder buffer, it's worth it. I do not use this this strictly as a foundation. I use a lightweight liquid, concealer and then use this to set everything. Very nice consistency. I hated Bare Minerals and Everyday minerals left me dry and old looking, but this is perfect and for a drugstore powder, it can't b beat. I like that it is all natural. This less chemicals I use, the better off. I even like the lightweight peachy blush the kit came with and use that too. I will say the packaging is actually good on this one. Normally I get minerals everywhere, it's why I hate them, the mess. This has a flip top lid that keeps them from spilling even if you don't replace the cap. I use the cap the dispense the powder, swirl my brush around and then whatever I don't use, I just put in the inside the lid and snap it closed, less mess. Good stuff, bargain for what you get. I'm using it almost daily, so that says something for me, who is a product junkie.

UPDATE:

I lowered my rating. Even though I liked this powder I found that it was making me breakout and clog my pores. Kind of hard to do when your on Tazorac. I even tested my theory on the breakout issue. I stopped using it for two week, with changing nothing else, I clear my skin. I used it for 3 days and then got bumps all over my jaws. So I know it was the culprit. throwing it in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by bree21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! I don't love the brush though, so I use my own brush. But the powder evens out my skin and perfects what my foundation can't. It's the perfect loose powder and is a great price compared to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Laroosh

Awsome Product from an awsome line !!

After reading a new book called "the green beauty guide" (an absolute must read for any makeup loving girl) i have decided to go completely organic !! Seriously this book will scare you !!

So i went over to wal-mart and picked up this pretty loose powder in creamy natural (im usually an ivory in most other brands but this shade seemed better for me)

Buying from the PF Organic wear line just makes me FEEL GOOD .. I know im not loading my face with chemicals !! i feel HAPPY looking at this cute little set !! Its 100% free of like everything harmfull !!

I didnt use the little goat-hair brush it came with, i used a mini-kabuki and i must say it blended well .. i need a bit of extra coverage on some acne areas and it builded up nicely without looking cakey !!

I really recommend this line !! its something you can feel good about buying !! and i will definitley buy again !! <3