August 21, 2014 | 1172 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Nanogold (N Collection '08)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lgooding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

So disappointed in MAC for making this eyeshadow!! Just like a previous reviewer said, this has the exact color payoff as Motif, the only difference is the finish (Motif is a frost and Nanogold is a lustre)...I got this in a swap, so fortunately, I really didn't spend any money on it, but I already have Motif (and I don't need two colors that I rarely use anyway)...This is a rosey metallic gold shimmer color...not really "gold" like the name implies. :( The only reason I gave it 3 lippies is because in itself, it's not really a bad color, but I already have Motif, so the fact that they are so similar that even a MAC expert couldn't tell them apart, made me very upset. If you have Motif, please spare yourself a hard time and skip on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Gothoria

Nanogold is a Frost (LE) eyeshadow, came with the Spiced Chocolate quad at the cult of cherry collection.
its a Beige highlighter color with plum-red reflects to it, I usually use it as a highlight for looks that have plums or shadows like sketch or sweet chestnut.
gr8 4 naturals as it adds a lil dimention 2 my look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by tanangela

This is one of my go-to MAC e/s and I wish it wasn't LE. The color is a beautiful shimmery light pink that reflects gold. It is a lustre finish but it seems to be easier to work with than other lustres. I find myself using this as a wash for days when I don't have time to do a full eye look. It is also the perfect brow bone highlighter, inner eye highlighter, or cheek highlighter. On the cheek this reminds me of Lightscapade MSF but with a gold shimmery. I can't wait until MAC repromotes this as I'll be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this shade; it's a unique mix between peach, baby pink and some gold with some subtle specks of gold. i really love this as a brow highlight or tearduct highlight. it's a beautiful shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using this shadow for some time, i can definitely say i hate it!! It's too gritty and irritates my eyes. I use it as highlighter on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose hopefully it will finish very soon...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by MYV12

I have this eyeshadow as part of a quad and I love it. Apparently I am in the minority on that one, but I find myself wearing it nearly everyday lately. I did not notice the texture as being difficult to work with. It is beige, but has pinky-coral flashes. I personally do not find it to be similar at all to motif, which other reviewers have noted. I like to pair it with cranberry type colors. I am fairly light complected with neutral to yellow undertones, dark hair and eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by djpaint

As most have said, the lustre texture for Nanogold lets it down, and I swatched it against Motif and they are quite close--not exact but near enough if applied with a light hand. If you missed out on Nanogold (and I feel this is not a really unique colour--I know others disagree) try Motif.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by shinygolden

This color is unique enough that I bought a backup. On me it's a faintly rosy gold, and gorgeous as a wash on my neutral/warm PPP lids. Use it wet to get the payoff. I took a lippie off for the texture; if it were as silky/smooth as Vex or Patina, I'd have bought two more instead of just one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nanogold is a beautiful color. It is really hard to describe, but it is a light beige with pinkish coral iridescence. The texture of the eyeshadow itself (lustre) leaves some room to be desired, but I still like it nonetheless. It is a bit crumbly and chalky, but I like the color enough that I am willing to sacrifice texture. I love to use this shadow as a highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes and layered over darker colors to change the color and to lighten it up a bit. This shade is LE so definitely check it out before it is gone for good. My coloring is LLL yellow/olive w/ dark brown hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by UndressYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must be in the minority to love this e/s. I am PPP and use this as a highlighter almost every day. The texture is workable to me, and the shimmer is a perfect touch! I love the pink/beige color and I would repurchase if I ran out!