Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine Lip Lacquer in Rapture

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/13/2009 11:22:00 PM

This is a beautiful deep berry-red shade. It is very high quality for such a low price. The formula is creamy and on the lips it has a slight shine. I would definitely repurchase and would be interested in trying other colors. There are a few cons however. The first is the horrible packaging. As others have said, a large chunk of the lipstick can't be retracted...meaning that when removing or putting on the cap there is a chance that you'll accidentally hit the lipstick itself. The second problem is that it has a bad smell...not a gag inducing smell, it just doesn't smell that great. The last problem is that the color fades somewhat quickly but leaves an equally pretty stain. But in spite of these flaws, the low cost and above average quality make WnW lip lacquers are good buy...especially since you can find them on sale.

on 3/22/2009 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Looove this lipstick! Although I don't know if I can even call it that considering it is kind of a lipstick/balm/gloss hybrid. Still, I'm lovin' it! It's a slightly glossy, very wearable sheer red. Reviewers below me see some pink in it, but on me it appears to be true red. Normally when I want red lipcolor, I have to apply lipstick, then a separate lipgloss, which can be a chore to apply and maintain throughout the day. This product gets the same effect with 1/2 the effort. Really pretty shade, super-convenient, and best of all, inexpensive! Not a whole lot more you could ask for!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I originally purchased this product in the "Fetish" shade, and I loved it. "Rapture" has the same features that made me love this product in the shade I originally purchased, but this shade isn't quite as fabulous on my lips. Your mileage may vary.

Pros: Nice, creamy texture. Very moisturizing. Well pigmented, and a very nice berry shade without being too pink or too purple. Can't beat the price! No glitter, no irridescence, no sparkle at all. Definitely a sophisticated dewy finish. No fragrance, and nothing "minty" in it to irritate your lips.

Cons: "Rapture" is a bit more opaque than "Fetish" and the creaminess of it seems more prone to migrate outside of my lipline. There's a lot of product that can't be retracted into the container, so it's really easy to get lipstick all over the inside of the lid if you're not careful when opening and closing it. Others have mentioned this problem, and I concur.

Would I buy it again? At this price? Definitely, but not in this shade. It would certainly help if they came out with some more shades. I keep hearing people talking about the great red-toned shades, but I didn't see that when I was shopping. It also seems like there are no mid-tone neutrals. All the shades look very pink or very peach to me... maybe it's the lighting in the grocery store? Or maybe I just need to try them. But at this price, I could definitely do that.

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! Feels really smooth and light on the lips and staying power is pretty good. Really great stuff for the price

on 1/22/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Since the wonderful Pout Protectors are gone (they were amazingl!!), I decided to try the Lip Lacquer to see if they were at all similar. They're not. These remind me of the Wild Shine lipsticks, which are also discontinued. These even smell like them too. This lipstick goes on very smoothly and looks glossy enough on its own without a lipgloss. "Rapture" is a nice pigmented color, but not as good as the "Tint of Cranberry" Pout Protector. I wish it could be more long-lasting. I really don't see myself wearing this often, especially with the fact that the product doesn't roll all the way down the tube. That's like asking for the someone to scrape the cap against it. Overall, this is an okay drugstore find (cheap and available almost anywhere), but the quality and packaging is subpar.

on 4/26/2008 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

If you're a fan of NYX Sheer Red Lipstick, give this a whirl. I'm impressed by comfortable feel of this product on my lips and the good amount of pigmentation.
I took away one point for packaging and overall rating because of the large amount of bullet that extends past the end of the tube which can't be swiveled down. Once I use below that point, I'll update the review to comment.
I'm eager to check out a few other shades! Very nice drugstore bargain.

on 4/24/2008 12:18:00 AM

OMG I was just sauntering around the makeup section in Walmart and found all these new products in the WNW section. This one caught my eye. WOW, I have a HG product from WNW. This lipstick is a gorgeous slightly shiny long lasting rose/red hybrid. It's absoloutely gorgeous, my lips feel hydrated and smooth. This little gem looks and performs like a high end product, for just over $5 CDN ! I will be buying more colors in the future. I highly recommend.

on 3/22/2008 11:35:00 PM

Lovely little whim purchase! It's very moist but has good pigment. I use it as a top layer when I want to blend colors or I can wear it alone and it gives me a very natural look when I don't want to look like I'm wearing lipstick. For me (super pale PPP), it turns towards being pink, rather than red.

on 3/9/2008 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I happened to pass by the Wet 'n' Wild section at Target, and this caught my eye. I thought it'd look perfect on me, and I was right! This lipstick appears pinkish-brown in the tube, but is a reddish-pink on me. Great color for only a few bucks! And it's got a lot of moisture, too! I'll definitely buy this again.

on 2/10/2008 5:54:00 PM

Who would have thought my HG red would come from WnW?

It's got a lovely texture, like the reviewer below me stated: balm-like. But it's much more pigmented than a balm.

I have very pigmented lips to begin with, so colors always come out redder on me than they are. On others, this color may come out more of a berry/wine, but on me, it is a brown/brick/red, which is the only type of red that works for me. For me, this is an exact dupe of my beloved (and long-DC'd) Clinique Lullaby. However, the texture on WnW's version is much more appealing. Clinique's was always a bit drying on me, but the color overrode that minor detail. I find that most lip sticks have a "dry-down," too, where the moisture may evaporate and it should kind of meld better into your lips, usually induced by the body heat of your skin.

The "dry-down" for me on this is a beautiful red/brown stain. It just flatters me and my NC20, brown hair/eyes so wonderfully. I bought this during the .99 cent WnW sale and really couldn't be happier. Best .99 cents I ever spent!

Popular Lipsticks