September 2, 2014 | 1799 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Intervene

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for the majority of the year and find it better than many brands I've tried (including Estee Lauder, MAC, and Loreal). It has reasonably good staying power, has descent coverage, and has SPF 15 protection. It can get slightly oily towards the end of the day, but I do not use a powder so that may address that issue. The pump bottle is hygienic, but the lid doesn't seem to click on the bottle easily and falls off. I have purchased this foundation a few times, and I do think it is worth the price tag considering I have purchased more expensive foundations and consider this to be a solid performer. However, I may try Christian Dior Forever foundation for a change to get something with more staying power.

UPDATE: After trying other foundations since I wrote this review I have upgraded the rating. I reapplied Intervene and it look flawless for a night out. I also had a photo of me taken wearing this foundation and it was one the best photos taken of me in that my skin looked great (thanks to this foundation). It does have pink undertones so you may need to be carefully choosing the correct shade for summer. I would highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a foundation that would have medium to full coverage and had sunscreen (since I am so very bad at remembering to apply sunscreen) I found this to be a very good foundation for me and matched my skintone rather well. In the summer months though, it seemed to be a tad too pink and I would have to remember to blend it down so it would match me better.

I found it lighter than the mac foundation I tried (though I do not remember which one that was... it was a liquid and the girl gave me the wrong undertone)

This foundation did not dry out my skin or make me oily or break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mig

This is the best foundation i have ever tried. It stay put the hole day and it just look like a perfect skin. No shine no grease just amazing. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by blondielh4

I am 33 yrs old and after 30 my skin changed. Nothing covered without looking all caked. This product is the bomb! I absolutely love it. I had 2 photo shoots and in one I was wearing I think age rewind and in the other I was wearing Intervene. I couldn't believe the difference! The coverage was great and long lasting and cake free. When I showed my friends, one said, "Wow this looks like you (the pic using Interevine), and this could be your mother (the one using age rewind)!" That's how big the difference was. So far it's the best foundation I've ever used. The Flawless Finish is ok too, but I think Intervene the ultimate best!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

Aaaah. Someone help me. Why do sa's match me darker. I got honey in this. The store lighting is crap. This settled in every pore and even on my hand it leaves a oxidised patch. Mac nc30 is quite a good match but breaks me out so im always tryin to find the hg foundation for my combo skin. This aint it. Colour was off. Made me look 10 years older. Search is still on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by jackplusfour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT :- After using this for nearly 2 months, it has changed. It oxidises terribly on my skin, leaving me looking orange within an hour or so of applying. I cannot drop a shade to compensate for this - I am NC20 and already using the lightest available shade of Intervene. My skin hasnt changed, and I have not changed my routine or any other product that goes on my face, so this is no longer my HG. I am dropping a lippie and the search continues. Sigh. Original Review :- I have been using this every day for a fortnight now.
I had been to the Elizabeth Arden counter and had a full face of this applied, left it on for the rest of the day, then decided to buy it. The first few days at home I wondered if I was a 100% pleased with this, but after a fortnight, I can honestly say it is my HG liquid foundation.
I apply this with my fingers on a moisturised then primed face. The coverage is a good medium, I do have a sun spot thing on my cheekbone, about 4mm x 2mm, and I go back to that and pat a little on that area after doing my full face. This isnt as 'mask like' as EL Double Wear on me, and doesnt last quite as long as Revlon Colorstay, but it does last from 7am until 8pm without looking at all separated, faded or patchy, and I dont have to use powder over this AT ALL. It does dry, no tacky feeling at all, but it still has a glow to it. I am able to apply powder blush on top of this after letting it dry completely, which takes about 3 minutes. Doesnt accentuate any fine lines around eyes or mouth to nose, and feels very comfortable. Price was £29 (uk) which is why I dropped one lippie. I wear this in 04 soft cream. Mac-wise I am nc20 - 25. At Last!!! I have my HG Liquid foundation, and my HG Powder Foundation (Clarins Everlast Compact). Very Happy, only took me till the age of 40 to find them!! :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Toocold

This make-up is incredibly light and seems almost watery when it is applied, but oh, my goodness, what it looks and feels like after it is on is incredible. It is a lovely matte finish-not dry matte, but a soft matte-and lasts all day on my almost sixty year-old skin. Add the loose powder, and you have a beautiful look. It will not totally cover my few sun spots, but I don't believe I would want to wear a make-up heavy enough to do that. It does soften them until they are barely noticeable on my forehead. Love this base!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ryliellen

I have to say that I am impressed with this product. I have it in soft porcelain, the lightest shade. The first thing I noticed was that the formula was quite thin for a foundation, let alone a matte one. Despite that, it went on wonderfully and gave me great coverage. My foundation routine used to include a liquid foundation and a powder to get the coverage and finish this gives me. The feel is ok, it feels fairly light on, but a bit heavy to the touch, which I quess is pretty normal for a matte foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this for 20 bucks an it's originally 50 so I got such a good deal, the packaging is lovely and comes in a box and a really nice bottle :) I have this in soft porcelain, the lightest shade and I have to say this is my new HG, it's creamy and looks matte when you apply it, you don't even need powder! It light and doesn't feel cakey even though it's creamy. Definite re-purchase :)! 10/10

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Jadeypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First thing I'm going to say is that the woman manning the counter matched my skin-tone VERY poorly. I ended up paying quite a bit for a foundation that is too dark for me. However, I'm keeping it because in the summer with a tan I think it will be the perfect match.

I use this specific foundation with L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer and my BB foundation brush, and it glides on. Its very blendable, and the thing I liked most about it is the ability to build up the coverage. Sometimes I want very light coverage, and sometimes (often) I really do need something a bit more 'there'. However the finish is quite matte on my skin, I'm absolutely in love with the dewy look, so I do tend to either mix a bit of High Beam in with it before applying, or highlight when I'm finished. I dont generally need to conceal too much after I've finished my base which is always a winner with me. This foundation doesnt clog my pores or make me breakout at all, but I dont generally have issue skin (unless using Dramatically Different Moisturiser Lotion!!!)
I just wish I'd had the correct shade to start with, and for me the finish it a bit too matte... But with a highlighter this is a excellent all-rounder foundation (: