August 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Skincare - Face - Sephora - Face Complexion Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The people commenting that this was too abrasive for their skin must either have extremely sensitive skin or were pressing extremely hard. I have moderately sensitive skin and this didn't feel abrasive in the slightest, in fact I felt like it might have been almost too soft, so I'm going to try pressing a little harder next time.

It works well for what it's supposed to do. I wasn't expecting anything near a Clairsonic or something amazing, but it helps my cleanser go further and go a little deeper into my pores than just using my fingers. Like others said, I wish the bristles were a bit shorter so I could have better control, and I actually found it hard to get in the creases on the sides of my nose and such. But overall, for 5 bucks, it's a good investment for people who don't need something very powerful like Clairsonic or need to save up for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just can't shell out the money for a Clairisonic right now and I bought the knock off NutraSonic which was waaaaayyy too harsh for my skin (took it back). The in between time just washing my face with no tools, I noticed my skin was a bit rough and just didn't feel as clean. I love this little beauty! For $5 it really makes a difference on my skin. I love the fact that I can get that area around my nose too. I love this and I'm going to buy another just to keep in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this because, as amazing as a Clarisonic sounds, I'm only 19 and don't think it is necessary for me to have one just yet. Plus, it's so expensive! I needed something that would help to smooth out my skin a bit and deep clean it more, so I figured this would be great for that.
The brush definitely feels softer on the hands than it actually does on the face. If you're worried that this may be too rough when you first pick it up, chances are that you will find it way to abrasive once it's on your face. I find it a tad too rough, so I don't use it everyday, but as long as I'm gentle I usually don't become irritated from it. It really feels like it cleans down deep. It also does a decent job of sloughing off old skin, so my face always looks fresh and smooth after using this.
This brush is about $5 and so far I like it. Not amazing, and probably not nearly as amazing as a Clarisonic, but I think it is worth trying this out if you are seriously checking out a Clarisonic, or if you refuse to pay for one!

UPDATE!!
I just bought Olay's Pro-X Cleansing Brush for $25 (I had a coupon) and it is so much better than this. Obviously, it is more expensive, but it works so much better. The brush head on the Olay brush is more soft and not as abrasive, but it still really cleans well. I would seriously recommend saving the $5 that the Sephora brush will cost and putting it towards the Pro-X system :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

Update: FOR its price(compared to Clarisonic or OLAy PRox) it removes dead skin and make-up!!! It's not the best facial brush you can get in the market(uhmm 5 bucks?, hello!) but it does wonders on my skin. When I use my make-up remover , I thought my face is clean(no make up traces with naked eyes) but when I used this, I saw a debris of my foundation in the bristles.. and that only means it cleans better than the usual make up remover, facial wash and water. I read some reviews that it can be a lil bit abrasive but actually you control how hard you pressed it in on your face. I am very happy with this one!

I use this everyday in the shower and I noticed that my skin has brighten up everytime. Very cheap but the down side is I don't really like the cap because it doesn't close at all. Other than that its a decent product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product sucks. It is too harsh for my sensitive skin and not soft at all. When I used this, my face looked and felt worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mikicats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just purchased this today, and tried it out as soon as I got home, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I first cleanse my face, and then put more cleanser on the brush and exfoliated my face. I loved how the bristles were flimsy, but hard enough to really get off the dry patches and dead skin cells. My face felt unbelievably clean afterwards. Unlike my Neutrogena exfoliators which feel like it just strips my face of moisture and causes more damage than good. I will be using this for FOREVER!!!!

I think anyone and everyone needs to buy this, and for $7 Canadian, it is completely worth the price!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by asininityy

While it feels very soft on the hands it can be a bit too abrasive on the face. I can not use this on my cheeks as I find it too harsh, but I do use it on my T-zone with as little pressure as I can. The shape makes it quite awkward to use around the nose area and I find myself having to breath through my mouth as I am brushing my nose since it is awkward and makes the cleanser foam up right over the nostrils.
I also found the handle quite awkward to use and would have preferred to grip the brush at the back rather than having a handle. I also felt that the brushes are too long, which makes the brush hard to control. the long bristles give too much of a discrepancy between the base of the brush and the ends of the bristles, so while i am moving the brush in large circular motions, the ends of the bristles that are making contact with my skin is not following my hand motion very well.
I ended up using this for my neck and decolletage area and much prefer my little silicon face scrubber/brush, which Sephora sells their version of for five dollars. I got mine off ebay for a dollar.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ritathu

It feels soft when i bought it from the store, but its is so rough on the skin when using >_<. I don't recommend it for any one, well, ones with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product. I was looking for a basic tool or scrub to help with the dry flaky skin I have around my mouth and chin. I was disappointed at first because the bristles seemed too soft... But once I got the brush wet, lathered a bit of cleanser and started brushing in circular motions I could definitely feel it working. It's gentle, yet effective. I've been using it for about a week now and the flaky skin on my face is so much better than it was before. I definitely still need to find a good moisturizer, but until I find it this brush should keep most of the flakes under control. For $5 it's worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I saw this in sephora awhile back and decided to try it. The cap for the brush easily broke, the bristles are too long and it splashed water and cleanser all over my mirror... Will not repurchase.