August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Quite Natural

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching a tutorial on YouTube where the girl used this as a base to make MAC club eyeshadow really work. It definitely did the trick! It really brought out the blue colour of Club. However as it's quite dark so I wouldn't wear it as an everyday base, only when I want to wear a brown smokey eye. I nearly swapped it away, as I hardly ever wear a smokey eye, maybe on special occasions. However, after reading the reviews on here I decided to use it on my brows. I have to say, I was impressed! I used a MAC 266 small angled brush, the end result was neat but also natural, which I'm happy with as I'm not a fan of the drawn on eyebrow look. For reference, I'm warm toned, NC30 with dark brown eyes and hair. X

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Karrrluh

My HG for doing my brows, it just looks sooooooooooo perfect! I used to use brow pencils and eyeshadow but most were either not my color or would wear off throughout the day (I have the weirdest skin >_<) I was in MAC one day and asked the girl what she had on her eyebrows and she should me this, so did my eyebrows and wow the color really brought out the lighter shades of brown in my hair , I apply it with a MAC 263 brush or the Elf Slanted Brush? I don't know the name of that one, but overall, GREAT GREAT GREAT! All my Nc25-30 ladies should gives this paint pot a try for eyebrows. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a warm chocolate brown, in the same family as MAC's Swiss Chocolate. It was a bit darker than the name implies, but works well for a dramatic look, crease color or maybe even a liner, The main complaint I have is the texture...it's rather dry and takes some time to smooth out, I also find it hard to blend, but that's probably just me. All in all, I think I prefer powder shadows. Most of the paint pots are fairly dark, so unless you go clubbing alot or do a goth eye you might find this is a bit too dark for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color for my eyebrows! It's perfect! I might use it for a eyeshadow look here and there, but mainly I like it for my eyebrows. As with all Paintpots, the packaging is glass and is high quality, the paintpot (once its dry) stays put until you wash it off. The color payoff is fantastic. It looks like a chocolate brown and is absoloutely stunning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Nice MATTE brown base (sample only)
Colour: dark warm brown
Finish: matte
Pigmentation: medium
Texture:buttery
It looks nice alone or with some other browns layered over it. When you sheer out the edges, there is some reddish undertone
Very natural on me thanks to its lack of shimmers

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, I'be been in the process of shaping my brows for quite some time and this helps fill in areas where its bare and eyeshadow alone doesn't quite work. I love using this to help define my brow shape and going over it with a similar brown eyeshadow.
I love how long this pp lasts, about a year and a half with everyday use. My only complaint is that it starts to dry out from being opened so much. I know that's normal, but still annoying. (I've heard there are ways of reviving the product, but i just haven't tried yet)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by omgfran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I originally purchased this for my brows since the brow pencil I usually use ran out and it was out of stock. a MA suggested this but I found it quite too dark for my liking...It is amazing as a base though. I pair it with my naked palette everyday. Also, whenever I have a lazy day, I just pat this on for a quick smokey eye look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a cream eyeshadow or a primer, I'd give this product two lippies. It's been my least used paint pot due to it's texture. This goes on patchy and uneven, it fades quicker than my other paint pots and is generally disappointing. I was ready to write it off until I read about people using it on their brows. I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I haven't wanted too use anything else on my brows since. It goes on easily, blends to look natural, lasts ALL day without fading or moving. Who would have thought? The only reason I deduct a lippie from using it this way is that it is a pretty warm brown on my skin but it still looks natural enough I can get away with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm someone who usually doesn't like to wear eyeshadow, but I really like this product. This is my first MAC PP and I do plan on getting more. For reference, I have oily, hooded eyelids (I know... a perfect recipe for creasing!). Initially, I wanted a long-lasting cream shadow to create nice warm smokey brown eyes.

I bought this on the MAC website for $17.50 (excluding tax) with free shipping. It comes in a little glass jar with a black screw-top lid. The color looks like a matte medium chocolate brown. No sheen, no glitter, nothing. No smell either. First time using it, I applied it with my fingertips. The formula was a bit drier than I expected, and it was a little tough to blend. Most of the product would end up staying on my fingertips, and once it dries, it doesn't budge. I also noticed some of it would "bunch" and collect into little dry bits (it almost looked like dirt). But I wasn't ready to give up yet; I knew it was going to take some experimentation to get this to work right for me.

So I decided to find a brush to use this with, and now it goes on and blends SO MUCH MORE EASILY! (I use the ELF Studio Angled Contour Brush). It applies so beautifully, and much more quickly now. I get that lovely smokey brown effect that I wanted. I just apply this all over the upper and lower lid, add mascara, and I'm good to go.

First time I used this, I didn't use a primer, just to see how it would hold up, and it did crease pretty badly by the end of the day (as I said, I have oily, hooded lids). But with a primer, it lasted much longer. Doesn't bleed, or slide around, or fade. Doesn't feel greasy. And I love how it doesn't feel like I have anything on my eyes at all. Very nice formula.

It's a nice versatile brown color. You can use it as a shadow, brow color, and eyeliner. A bit expensive, yes, but when I run out, I'll replace it in a heartbeat.

If you find that it doesn't apply smoothly or looks blotchy at first, I definitely recommend trying out different brushes and experimenting with application. It can be a tricky product, but I still recommend it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this PP! I've been on a natural colors kick lately and I purchased Blackground and Quite Natural to use them as liners to define my eyes. I used to always use black liner, but I wanted to try new colors and since then, I haven't touched my Black Black Chromaline! I use this to line and then smudge it with Maybelline's gel liner brush. It has great lasting power (greater than Fluidline, I must say) and looks more natural than Dipdown on me. Overall I think most of the PPs are worthwhile, and I will definitely repurchase this!