January 25, 2015 | 2016 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Quite Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by gorkt

Finally! I have been searching for a Matte light brown cream shadow in a cocoa shade for a long long time. I have a Clinique touch base that was discontinued that was my HG base. I loved that I could just apply a sheer wash over my eyelid and into the crease and it had a nice natural look. It is hard to find cream shadows that don't have a lot of shimmer. This is a really nice product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

First if you're considering this shade please know the picture uploaded is not the shade that came in the pot I ordered from maccosmetics.com

The shade pictured looks similar to my painterly. Maybe it's the way this color photographs as I also researched on YTube and thought this was a lighter color - something near painterly (like pictured). If I were pressed to put a mac shade to it I'd guess NW50 or rich, deeper brown shade.

As to the product, if you're looking for a chocolate brown, it goes on as nice and smooth, matte as painterly - just dark brown. I could use this as an eyeliner or brow filler, its such a rich brown. Not what I expected but still nice as paint pots go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching a tutorial on YouTube where the girl used this as a base to make MAC club eyeshadow really work. It definitely did the trick! It really brought out the blue colour of Club. However as it's quite dark so I wouldn't wear it as an everyday base, only when I want to wear a brown smokey eye. I nearly swapped it away, as I hardly ever wear a smokey eye, maybe on special occasions. However, after reading the reviews on here I decided to use it on my brows. I have to say, I was impressed! I used a MAC 266 small angled brush, the end result was neat but also natural, which I'm happy with as I'm not a fan of the drawn on eyebrow look. For reference, I'm warm toned, NC30 with dark brown eyes and hair. X

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Karrrluh

My HG for doing my brows, it just looks sooooooooooo perfect! I used to use brow pencils and eyeshadow but most were either not my color or would wear off throughout the day (I have the weirdest skin >_<) I was in MAC one day and asked the girl what she had on her eyebrows and she should me this, so did my eyebrows and wow the color really brought out the lighter shades of brown in my hair , I apply it with a MAC 263 brush or the Elf Slanted Brush? I don't know the name of that one, but overall, GREAT GREAT GREAT! All my Nc25-30 ladies should gives this paint pot a try for eyebrows. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a warm chocolate brown, in the same family as MAC's Swiss Chocolate. It was a bit darker than the name implies, but works well for a dramatic look, crease color or maybe even a liner, The main complaint I have is the texture...it's rather dry and takes some time to smooth out, I also find it hard to blend, but that's probably just me. All in all, I think I prefer powder shadows. Most of the paint pots are fairly dark, so unless you go clubbing alot or do a goth eye you might find this is a bit too dark for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color for my eyebrows! It's perfect! I might use it for a eyeshadow look here and there, but mainly I like it for my eyebrows. As with all Paintpots, the packaging is glass and is high quality, the paintpot (once its dry) stays put until you wash it off. The color payoff is fantastic. It looks like a chocolate brown and is absoloutely stunning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Nice MATTE brown base (sample only)
Colour: dark warm brown
Finish: matte
Pigmentation: medium
Texture:buttery
It looks nice alone or with some other browns layered over it. When you sheer out the edges, there is some reddish undertone
Very natural on me thanks to its lack of shimmers

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, I'be been in the process of shaping my brows for quite some time and this helps fill in areas where its bare and eyeshadow alone doesn't quite work. I love using this to help define my brow shape and going over it with a similar brown eyeshadow.
I love how long this pp lasts, about a year and a half with everyday use. My only complaint is that it starts to dry out from being opened so much. I know that's normal, but still annoying. (I've heard there are ways of reviving the product, but i just haven't tried yet)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by omgfran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I originally purchased this for my brows since the brow pencil I usually use ran out and it was out of stock. a MA suggested this but I found it quite too dark for my liking...It is amazing as a base though. I pair it with my naked palette everyday. Also, whenever I have a lazy day, I just pat this on for a quick smokey eye look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As a cream eyeshadow or a primer, I'd give this product two lippies. It's been my least used paint pot due to it's texture. This goes on patchy and uneven, it fades quicker than my other paint pots and is generally disappointing. I was ready to write it off until I read about people using it on their brows. I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I haven't wanted too use anything else on my brows since. It goes on easily, blends to look natural, lasts ALL day without fading or moving. Who would have thought? The only reason I deduct a lippie from using it this way is that it is a pretty warm brown on my skin but it still looks natural enough I can get away with it.