October 1, 2014 | 1699 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Wet Sand

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by celticfaery

This product is super! I just got mine in a big haul, and I love it sooo much! I think it will be a beautiful cheek highlighter, eyeshadow you name it. Subtle, not too sparkly not wierdly shimmery. I LOVE the new packaging too! so extra points for that! I am excited to be adding this into my makeup routine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i knew when i bought this as a sample that i'd only be using it as a highlighter type of item. i don't do any blush or additional makeup on my cheeks. where i use this is dotted on the inside corners of my eyes (near my tear ducts) using the EDM eye kabuki to make myself look awake and wide-eyed. looks lovely! just the right amount of shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by w1lk1ns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample when I ordered a sample kit. I would like this but the sparkles are too big if you ask me. I would not purhase this. It would be gorgeous if the glitter was a lot smaller. It looks good from a distance but if you get a close up look in the mirror you will definitely see glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am happily surprised that this works for me! I have the "natural" which is similar, but misnamed. Natural is pink/lilac, almost silvery, and makes me look immediately "made up." Not useful for me at all. Might be more useful if you are going clubbing, but it's not a good daytime look for me.

Wet Sand is much more natural looking. It's basically a sparkly face color. It's not so different from my buff linen, or beige fairly light, but with sparkles. The sparkles in it are very tiny, such that I wouldn't really call it sparkly, but it's not a sheen, either. My 5yo daughter called it fairy dust, and that's about right. I dusted it all over her face, just for fun, and she did NOT look like a glitterball, just "fairy-dusted." Very nice across the top of the cheekbone, over matte blush that needs a boost, or as a very minimalist eye brightener. Really nice mixed with a matte bronzer. I didn't expect to love this, but I do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a free sample to use as a highlighter, and I'm totally in love with it so I bought it in a kit. I sweep it across my cheeks in place of blush to look perky, and on nights out I dust it over my cleavage. I've also used it on my eyelids when I haven't got time for eye shadow, or if I want something sparkly.
Overall, it's a very versatile product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

I love this blush! I didn't really use it as a blush... I used it as a hilighter for my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead! I absolutely adore it! It gives my face such a nice glow=) It's shimmery yet not too glittery that you get fallout everywhere. I was originally going to buy MAC msf for a nice glow but I tried this and changed my mind! Save some money and try this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by psycokittykat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really question if some of the reviewers cared to read the description the site gives of the products before they purchase them. Wet Sand is a Lucent which EM describes as a TRANSLUCENT wonder and the description of Wet Sand tells the buyer it is a sparkling translucent shade perfect for showing off your best features like highlighting your cheekbones. This is a highlighter and NOT A BLUSH! It is super gorgeous.The shimmer does not fade for me and it gives me a glowy look. It is also great for the brow bone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by tia347

This is a great high lighter. I cannot see anyone being able to use it as a blush. I use this color sometimes as a base color for my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by scorchio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I love EM products. My only complaint is that their shade descriptions are sometimes a bit off - not to mention product images. Nevertheless, Wet Sand is a wonderful highlighter. It's far from tan, but a very pretty neutral-to-cool toned light ivory-beige colour with fine white shimmer. My skin has a warm, somewhat golden yellow undertone, so the only reason I sold mine away and won't be repurchasing is that Wet Sand is a tinge too cool for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was not what I thought it was going to be when I ordered it. Everyday Minerals calls it a subtle tan shade, and that's not very accurate. I consider it to be the color of white sand, and it definitely doesn't have the color qualities of wet sand. I didn't use it for the longest time after I ordered it because I was so disappointed in the color. Then one day I decided to use it as a highlighter, and I fell in love! It gives me the absolute best glow of any highlighter I've tried, and it looks amazing over all my blushes. I've gotten compliments on how radiant/fresh I look when I'm wearing it. I only need the tiniest bit, and I apply it with the MAC 187 brush along my cheekbones. I would repurchase for sure, but it's going to take me ages to use this up!

(For reference I wear Golden Fair in Everyday Minerals.) continued >>