August 22, 2014 | 1076 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by klban

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had to write a review cause this stuff stayed on after I ran a half marathon trail race AND took a shower! Plus it was even a hotter day than expected so I sweat some too. I usually keep this in my purse as a back up and threw it on at the last minute, so I had no expectations. But at 60, my brows are sparser than ever, so this now becomes my main brow staple! I've been using it ever since and the only problem is how fast you use the little stub of color--has to be twisted up after each use. But at 5-6 dollars this is no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by racheldoll

I've been brow-obsessed for years and I've used tons of different brow products. My HG brow pencil is MAC Eye Brows but this Maybelline pencil is honestly just as good. Similar packaging/size, color is good, and it stays on all day. Love this stuff. I always have at least two in my makeup bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sabbia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Because my brows are becoming increasingly sparse (from age, I suppose), I am in need of a product that will not wipe off easily on portions of bare skin. I noticed during my research that Define-A-Brow is advertised as being "long wearing" and from the product website "Smear-proof formula wears all day" so I purchased it in Medium Brown.

To test the durability, I drew a line from the pencil onto my wrist (which was extremely dry and clean), waited 5 minutes, and surprisingly was able to wipe it completely off my skin with one light swipe of my finger. I didn't even have to rub! I then waited over 30 minutes to be certain the product had time to set but was still was able to wipe it off just as easily.

I am utterly astonished this product is advertised as smear proof. Also, Medium Brown has too much orange to blend with my eyebrows (which is a very dark brown color).

I'm so glad I purchased at RiteAid where I can return it for full price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by thejessone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these pencils. I have a thyroid disorder and had about half my eyebrows fall out last year... now I'm stuck drawing them on 'cos they won't grow back. The small tip makes it easy to draw precise lines and it's just the right consistency to where it doesn't go everywhere but where you're trying to put it (which is a problem I had with a lot of other brow products!) I also find that they're pretty blendable with powders... I tend to dye my hair a very dark burgundy and I generally use the pencil and then blend in a dark powder to match my hair.

The ONLY thing I don't like about these is that if you twist the product up too much, it tends to break off easily. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by absolutelykatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I genuinely loved this brow pencil when I had it - it wasn't too creamy, has a VERY fine tip which makes it easy to make precise lines, and it twists up so you don't have to hassle with sharpening all the time. What I REALLY love about this brow pencil is that the Dark Blonde shade has almost no warm tones whatsoever. I have very ashy blonde hair, and find that most blond shades of brow pencils come off far too warm on me, but this one is a perfect match for my hair!

What I absolutely do not love about this product is that it comes with .001 ounces of product. .001 OUNCES. I bought this pencil in early January and it only lasted me up until maybe two weeks ago. As someone who does their eyebrows everyday, I was soooo sad because I thought that I'd finally found my HG brow product. But I seriously just can't justify spending $6-7 every month on a brow product. That's like spending $84 every year on eyebrow pencils alone. Shame on you, Maybelline, for creating such an awesome product and then giving you enough product to last for barely a month and a half.

The only reason I think I may re-purchase this is just to have it until I can find a brow product at a comparable price point with more product that actually matches my hair. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I saw this product on a youtube video and the user made it look so easy when applying the product. I unfortunately did not have that luck. It was hard and I felt like I was tugging to get any color out of it. I also would have liked if it would have had a way to sharpen the liner as well. Product just didn't work for me at all, wont be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. It's the only brow pencil I use but does anyone know if they still sell it in canada? I've been to shoppers drug mart, rexall, and walmart and couldn't find it anymore! If they did discontinue it can someone suggest another drugstore brow liner that works similarly?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by shoma2k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After trying Anastasia Eye Brow Gel, Lancomes Eye Brow Powder Pencil, and Anastasia's Brow Powder and some the other brow powders. I must say this is a very good eye brow pencil. I keep on coming back to this pencil. I'm an Asian with brownish black hair and medium fair, and I absolutely love the Dark Blonde Pencil, anything darker looks to powerful. For a nice natural look on me, this is a good color. Doesn't look too drawn in or artificial. Being in a pencil form, one gets good control drawing in sparse areas of the eyebrows. The packaging is good, I just wish there was a brush on the other end, otherwise the product is definitely a bang for the buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been searching for a good eyebrow item (shadow, pencil, anything), but for now this is good. I don't completely love it because the darkest is only the Dark Brown (I am Chinese, with natural black hair. I want my brows to NOT look different!)

PROS:
- drawing gently with this pencil (one thin, light stroke at a time) creates the exact brows I want!
- the pencil tip is extremely tiny, allowing me to precisely draw my brows
- NO SHARPENING! Love this

CONS:
- the darkest colour is Dark Brown (it's more like a dark chocolate brown, a very warm brown) and this doesn't work very well on me. I am Chinese with natural black hair, if I draw my brows too dark (thus showing off this thick, warm chocolate colour) they look very artificial!!
- I cannot tell at all how much product I have left, and if I should be replacing it soon... I mean, imagine when I'm on-the-go with this pencil and RUN OUT. And say I run out after finishing drawing ONE BROW!? Which btw almost happened -luckily I had a teenie bit of the pencil left to finish the other brow!!

For now, this is my current brow pencil. But I am on the lookout for another....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by caitlinroseg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite eyebrow pencil. And I'm really annoyed that theyve stopped selling it in Australia! GRR. I use the colour light blonde and it is perfect for me. I am fair skinned and blonde haired.