October 30, 2014 | 1128 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder as it's the first powder that I actually saw a visible difference once I put it on. It is so silky smooth and it disappears on my skin while blurring and hiding my pores. Absolutely love it! The only downside is it's a little expensive. Also, I apply this with a MAC 180 brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Jexxie123

i love this powder! It is very finely milled and it gives you good coverage with a very natural finish. I don't look cakey at all. the first 15 mins it looks matte and kinda heavy, but after that, it really looks like my own skin. leaving no traces of powder at all. It makes me look like i'm glowing from within! LOL. Becca has a great selection of colour and I am using the powder in the shade mocha. It really suits my skintone and it suits the stick foundation in the shade honeycomb too. So far, i've not had any breakouts from this powder. the only downside of this powder is that, it doesn't really locked up the foundation as it is mentioned in the website. I used this powder on top of the stick foundation and i can still see the foundation on my fingers when i touch my face barely. so i can't imagine how could they say the product is water resistant if i can still see and feel the foundation on my finger?? I am a big fans of long lasting products so yea.. this is somehow dissapointing. I am not the big fans of the alien spaceship pacakaging though. LOL. Overall, i would still repurchase because of the natural finish and the colour that suits me perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love love this powder -- It mattifies my skin especially when I use mineralized foundation and gives me a great poreless silky finish. I use it in the color Eggshell.. and I have already bought my second for backup!

Highly recommend this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by peekaboonyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably my favorite beauty product, along with the becca concealer -in 'honeycomb'- I use it in mocha, and for the 1st time i have had face powder in my face without looking like i put flour on...it erases my pores like magic, evens out my skin tone, without masking it, AND gets rid of the shine, but without making it too matte, looking extremely natural, with that "soft focus" effect.. people usually give me compliments on my skin, NOT on my makeup which is what most of us are looking for..its totally imperceptible under ANY light,(unlike other powders that may look good in certain type of lighting but not that good in others) i just look with a healthier more even,and rested, fresher skin..This works best with a powder brush instead of the applicator that comes with it....the problem is that has been discontinued from sephora, and also from bergdorf&goodman here in nyc, and have to start looking for a new one since i have very little left... For its size Its somehow pricey, the kind of stuff you want to save for special occasions, NOT for sundays at the movies or for the gym.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJP1982

This finishes my Becca face routine perfectly, it has a soft smell, but nothing over powering or sickening. I don't know how to describe the smell. Mattifies my face, looks soft, but not powdery.

I have this in wheat and mocha and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by jillyjill

I'm about an NC20 and Sesame is a perfect match for me. I swapped for my first container of this powder and I really like it. I typically use a TM and dust this over to finish and set and create a base for blush. There is a subtle scent that doesn't irritate me and I swear there is a touch of pearl in this powder. I recently focused more on my skin to clear it up and now I just dust some of this powder over and spray w/ MAC Fix+ and I am luminous, dewy and natural. I swear there must be ground up unicorn horns in this or something, It's that nice. Luckily, I picked up another container during the Sephora sale so I have another one I run out of the one I am currently using. It seems to have lasted forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by rogernewman

I purchased this in Cardamom. It was supposed to be a good match form my NC45 complexion. It looked ok when I opened the package, but this was much lighter on the brush and on my face. It was sort of sheer, so it didn't make a huge different, but I if I used too much, I'd look washed out. The powder did have a nice finish, but it only lasted for about an hour for me. The powder didn't control oil at all. It just disappeared. Please know that there is a lot of fragrance in this stuff. There is a not so subtle flowery perfume scent. This really irritated my skin. And, good luck getting the powder out. The cap with the little holes is made onto the container. Overall, I find that this stuff is way overpriced for what you get.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 5:08:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received two colors of this loose powder in a swap, I have it in Spice and Clove both are way too dark for me (NC 35/NC40). I like the fine texture though, it seem to melt into the skin. If only the colors were right for me... anyways, I don't think I would buy because I find it very expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

okay this stands for a bit of an edit. I like this powder now - still a little light for my skin tone in summer but okay for winter. but it only looks good if I use it with the Becca LSC. Otherwise it looks chalky flat and dull.

I also might have been a little upset over my treatment at the Becca Counter, but since then there is a new counter manager who has been there for a while now and she is just absolutely wonderful.
-------------
This was the biggest waste of money. The MA matched me to Mocha (I'm an NC44) which when I got home was waaay to light. Even the next shade darker wasnt much better. Made my skin chalky, accentuated my pores and made me look flat and dull. Was quite surprised after reading all the good reviews.

Also worst customer service I've ever had in my life. Upon going back to see if I could exchange it for a better colour (having only used it once) the counter manager (who actually sold it to me the day before) wouldn't even come out to see me! I thought she was lovely to start with but I guess once she had my money she didn't care. Their condescending treatment and advice that I should "sell it to someone else" almost brought me to tears. Never shopping at BECCA again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:31:00 AM More reviews by jgorog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favourite loose powder. It's very fine and seems to melt right into my skin. I use it in wheat and it's never caused any breakouts or anything. I get oil breakthrough with this but I'm fine with it cuz I'm used to blotting. It's really expensive though and the packaging annoys me. It makes such a mess and really wastes a lot of powder.

EDIT: I don't know what happened but this doesn't seem to cut it anymore. I had to stop using this and switched to whatever d/s brand powder until my brother went to visit the states. When he came back with a new package, I was really disappointed with the way it applied. It looks really cakey and doesn't even diminish the initial oilyness I have in the morning. What a waste.