April 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use this to even out my eyelids before eyeshadow.
I have to put another primer first or else this creases on me..(oily eyelids).

I'm a bit dissappointed because of the rave reviews.

Yes it is an oke product but i'm not in love with it...for me it just did not work out..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After trying (and hating!) Painterly, I kept seeing one of my favorite Youtubers (Nikkitutorials) talk about Soft Ochre. I realized it was probably much more suited to my skin tone than Painterly, and after one use I saw that was correct. Soft Ochre neutralizes the redness on my lids and brightens my eyes. It seems to do a pretty good job at covering the darkest parts of my dark circles too, and makes a nice base for concealer.

It's a little dry in texture, but as long as I warm it between my fingers it's just fine. My lids are prone to dry patches as well, so I just make sure that when I'm using this, I moisturize my lids well at night.

Soft Ochre really grabs eyeshadow pigment, and makes the colors truer to pan. I do get a little creasing after 10 or so hours, but that can be avoided with a thin layer of any primer underneath. I wouldn't recommend wearing it alone, it'll crease without a powder on top. Just set it with your regular powder or a nude shadow and you're good to go for a minimal look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product has changed my (eyeshadow) life. Oh my god. For the longest time I have been so frustrated with my oily eyelids and how no matter what I do shadows ALWAYS crease on 'em. I've been eyeing this for a while, and I have taken a liking to matte looks, this looked like a good base for my yellow undertones, I could go on and on...

Basically, UDPP + Soft Ochre is my ultimate combo.

Soft Ochre is my baby. I will repurchase forever and god forbid it gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love using this as a primer and also to cover dark circles under my eyes. I use this eye shadow as the building base for my eye makeup routine. It has a soft feathery creamy texture and feel and looks as silky soft on my eye lids. It adds a little sparkle of shimmer while keeping my eye shadow color bold and long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eye area has been showing more discoloration as I've gotten over 40, so after reading reviews, decided to try a paint pot. I was on the fence for a bit, between painterly and soft ochre, but realizing there is some pink in my skin, decided the soft ochre would help cancel that out a little better. Well, it does, and does a decent job as a primer, but here's the best part....I've started using this along the inner corner of my eye, and underneath it towards cheekbone. A little tap of it does wonders to clean up/finish my eye area after all other eye makeup complete. Kind of like a drier concealer. I think I like it more for that use than as an e/s primer! Anyway, it works for my skin tone and will be keeping a pot of it in my staples stash!

UPDATE: 6 months later and I don't miss a day with this stuff. Gives my aging eye area a nice even tone.

Update: It's been two months since my initial review and still really happy with this! I took it on vacation to Cabo where I did a very minimal makeup look (if at all), and this was an essential....cleaned up my lids and gave them a fresh look instead of the 44 year old, discolored eye area. :) I continue to use down into bridge of nose and below and love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

This one is just lovely, I prefer those thick bases to the thin ones like the urban decay one which i never use anymore.
The only con is that it feels sticky at first, so I wouldnt wear it by itself but I always put shadows on later so ir doesnt really matters.

First I thought this shade would be too yellow for me, I went in to buy painterly but the lady at the store told me how nice she thought the yellowish one looked on red-ish lids for neutralizing and I rend to use yellow based foundations so it was the perfect match ! :D

I think it is very pricy, at least in iceland, its around 45 usd, but i dont regret the buy.
I also reccomend nyx shadow base for those on a budget, Its my second fav base.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for neutralizing the very dark, purple undertones of my lids, a perfect match for warmer, light skin tones (i'm a NC15-20). I own 6 paint pots and this is the most difficult to work with. It doesn't have the super creamy formula of the others, can appear patchy if not applied carefully but a great result can be achieved with practice. Will def buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product overall! It's inexpensive since Mac is inbetween highend and drugstore. It primes the eyelids by getting rid of any discoloration and keep eyeshadow from creasing. I originally was going to get Painterly, but heard this was better for yellow undertones (I'm a NC20 in Mac) and also it covers discoloration better. The only downsides are the packaging isn't very hygenic due to its jar form, and it can dry out my eyelids very easily and it will cling to dry patches on your eyelids. For most people that won't be a problem, but for all of us dry skin girls it's a major problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is my first MAC paint pot & I love it. The colour is perfect (I don't understand how people can use painterly.. it's SO pink) for my skin tone and it covers up any redness on my eyes nicely. I use it as a primer & it helps my eyeshadows stay all day. I'm only worried it will dry out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

LOVE THIS STUFF. With all my eye shadow primers leaving me desiring more, I decided to give this a try. Although I never use this as an eyeshadow on its own, i love using it as a base. It instantly leaves a flawless canvas for eyeshadow and makes any eyeshadow I put over it really pop.

Not to mention, for me at least, it doubles as an eye shadow primer. Definitely recommend!