Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf15

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

on 2/25/2015 3:16:00 AM

I used to use clarins as my daily moisturizer for 8-9 years but oneday I decided to try drugstore product and bought this because I like aveeno body lotion so why didn't I give the moisturizer a try?

From the packaging, I love the packaging. It looked simple and the pump was easy to use. The product itself, in my opinion is a so-so. The texture was quite creamy, loved the pleasant fragrance and could dry up easily after I applied it. My skin didn't have any breakout, it gave me some "glow" but my skin didn't have that brightness I wanted. After I finished the product, I decided not to repurchase it again.

on 2/13/2015 9:42:00 AM

This is my first review on makeup alley. I love to read how different products work for different people before I actually go and purchase them myself. I'm 27 and I have normal skin. I had been using Nivea for the longest time till I finally realized that the "oiliness" of it was the reason my makeup did not last long at all. I realized I needed an oil- free moisturizer as my foundation is water based. Having said that, I first tried Olay active hydrating creme but that unfortunately caused tiny pimples along my forehead- tossed that in the garbage lol. Then I purchased Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer with spf 35, and although this did not break me out as much, the tiny pimples persisted and this product was not hydrating enough in the winter. Both the olay and Neutrogena products have pretty decent reviews on makeup alley, so you can imagine how disappointed I was. So I went to Harmon one day and bought Aveeno Positively Radiant on a whim. This product, as you can see, has poor reviews but I cannot tell you enough how much I love it! It has been one week and the tiny little bumps on my forehead have lessened significantly. This product is also hydrating and I do not have to add/ mix it with another moisturizer. I absolutely love this product thus far, and I guess my point is that different things work for different people regardless of how high or how low the products ratings are- you just gotta try them yourself till one works!

on 2/11/2015 9:49:00 AM

I'm 26, I'm a cosmetologist and do makeup professionally. I have combination skin, oily t zone, slightly dry cheeks and some flaky spots around my nose and mouth in the winter. I am very fair, and sensitive. I've been using retin-a for about a year, which I has all but eliminated the fine lines and wrinkles I was starting to see. I was still left with redness and scarring. I usually do a lot of researched before purchasing a moisturizer and some of them were okay and some of them made my face freak out, some of them were expensive and some not. I bought this from target soley because I liked the packaging and used it before I read any reviews. I've used it 3 times, and my skin looks awesome enough that I am writing my first reveiw ever. This didn't break me out, has already faded some of my redness and acne scarring, and to my disbelief actually gives me a "glow" that I've never seen my skin have before. I honestly didn't know it was "shimmery" until I read other people's reveiws. I don't see shimmer on my face just a beautiful well...radiance. I also bought the night cream, and it seems to be working as well because every morning I wake up and my skin is more even than the day before. The only negative about the night cream is it's heavily fragranced and I thought for sure it would burn, but it didn't. I'm willing to look past the smell because of what I see in the mirror. (The day moisturizer isn't heavily fragranced) And for those of you saying this is expensive....a GOOD moisturizer from the drugstore usually costs around $20. So for its performance I'd say this is a straight up bargain.

on 2/6/2015 10:14:00 PM

I was using the st ives collagen moisturizer which I liked but ran out of. I decided to buy the positively radiant moisturizer and have used it for 4 days. It does not feel like it moisturizes my face at all and I now have dry patches. I will be swicthing back to my tried and true st ives.

on 2/4/2015 12:42:00 AM

I had to give this lotion a one because I cant say it did anything positive for my skin. As another reviewer mentioned, relying on this for sun protection is not a good idea. I suggest a moisturiser, and a separate sunscreen.

I have oily, acne-prone, congested skin. This claimed to be oil free, but left my skin looking as if I've smothered it with oil. It also felt kind of itchy after a while, and no I do not have an allergy to the ingredients. It was only itchy in certain areas, like around my nose.

This made me breakout, congested my skin even more, and felt really gross. I couldn't focus on my exam one day because of how weird my face felt! It just felt like... there was another layer on my face. It's hard to describe, but I tried!

I also tried the same moisturiser, but with SPF 30. I had the same exact problem.

I would definitely tell those with skin similar to mine, DO NOT USE THIS. Yes, I'd yell at them to run the other way.

As for those with dry skin, this just might help you get some moisture. I'm not sure if you'd break out, or if you'd get itchy too. But since this isn't a miracle product, I'd recommend anyone, with any skin type, to try something else.

on 2/4/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in hopes to get something good for my face to put on after I showered/washed face. I put it on didn't feel a difference & didn't even really make my face soft! WORST OF ALL it has a tint of shimmer in the lotion, can't stand that, had to wash it all off. Made it feel unnatural, and not clean!! Better off buying the Equate knock off version, which I bought, & used it all!!

on 1/26/2015 7:19:00 PM

Since I love the coordinating face wash, I expected this moisturizer to knock my Olay Complete off the shelf...sadly, that is not the case. This moisturizer does not moisturize well and has given me blackheads after three days of use. Also, I have small bumps on my cheeks. Prior to using this product, my face was clear. I guess it's back to Olay and, hopefully, clear skin!

on 1/19/2015 9:02:00 PM

It's an ok moisturizer, I have very dry skin, so it didn't do much for me. However, the spf is a bonus, and it's not oily at all, and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. It would be ideal for a combination/oily skin. But for dry skin, this isn't a super hydrating moisturizer, and I only use it as a primer for foundation.

on 1/15/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used to use this Aveeno moisturizer because it was available at Costco for a decent price and occasionally went on sale but I've since realized it's not a good choice for my skin and lifestyle.

First off, the advertised SPF shouldn't be relied on because people rarely apply enough moisturizer to get the protection. I know I didn't. One of the active ingredients, avobenzone, is notorious for destabilizing other sunscreens so it's not as easy as just applying another sunscreen over it either and as I'm not a cosmetic chemist I don't want to take chances.

It wasn't the best at moisturizing and if I accidentally got any into my eyes (which happens because have dry eyelids and apply moisturizer there) it stung there too. Or even if I happened to sweat, it would migrate into my eyes and there would be that icky pain of a chemical sunscreen in the eyes. The microshimmer made my skin look somewhat oily despite it being dehydrated-normal. I didn't see any improvement in the long run whether it was evening my skin tone, texture, or brown spots.

I know there are some people who use this and like it (my sister, for one) but I think it is mostly because it is a cost effective readily available option. It may not be a bad choice for someone who spends most of their time indoors and doesn't need much moisture.

on 1/15/2015 1:49:00 AM

My sister is a big fan of this moisturizer and loves all things Aveeno. I borrowed some moisturizer from her on a couple of occasions and I have to say I'm not a fan of this lotion. It's more the consistency of the lotion itself it makes me feel like it is not being absorbed by my skin and doesn't seem to spread smooth. I more of the Neutrogena fan.