Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf15

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

on 2/6/2015 10:14:00 PM

I was using the st ives collagen moisturizer which I liked but ran out of. I decided to buy the positively radiant moisturizer and have used it for 4 days. It does not feel like it moisturizes my face at all and I now have dry patches. I will be swicthing back to my tried and true st ives.

on 2/4/2015 12:42:00 AM

I had to give this lotion a one because I cant say it did anything positive for my skin. As another reviewer mentioned, relying on this for sun protection is not a good idea. I suggest a moisturiser, and a separate sunscreen.

I have oily, acne-prone, congested skin. This claimed to be oil free, but left my skin looking as if I've smothered it with oil. It also felt kind of itchy after a while, and no I do not have an allergy to the ingredients. It was only itchy in certain areas, like around my nose.

This made me breakout, congested my skin even more, and felt really gross. I couldn't focus on my exam one day because of how weird my face felt! It just felt like... there was another layer on my face. It's hard to describe, but I tried!

I also tried the same moisturiser, but with SPF 30. I had the same exact problem.

I would definitely tell those with skin similar to mine, DO NOT USE THIS. Yes, I'd yell at them to run the other way.

As for those with dry skin, this just might help you get some moisture. I'm not sure if you'd break out, or if you'd get itchy too. But since this isn't a miracle product, I'd recommend anyone, with any skin type, to try something else.

on 2/4/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in hopes to get something good for my face to put on after I showered/washed face. I put it on didn't feel a difference & didn't even really make my face soft! WORST OF ALL it has a tint of shimmer in the lotion, can't stand that, had to wash it all off. Made it feel unnatural, and not clean!! Better off buying the Equate knock off version, which I bought, & used it all!!

on 1/26/2015 7:19:00 PM

Since I love the coordinating face wash, I expected this moisturizer to knock my Olay Complete off the shelf...sadly, that is not the case. This moisturizer does not moisturize well and has given me blackheads after three days of use. Also, I have small bumps on my cheeks. Prior to using this product, my face was clear. I guess it's back to Olay and, hopefully, clear skin!

on 1/19/2015 9:02:00 PM

It's an ok moisturizer, I have very dry skin, so it didn't do much for me. However, the spf is a bonus, and it's not oily at all, and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. It would be ideal for a combination/oily skin. But for dry skin, this isn't a super hydrating moisturizer, and I only use it as a primer for foundation.

on 1/15/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used to use this Aveeno moisturizer because it was available at Costco for a decent price and occasionally went on sale but I've since realized it's not a good choice for my skin and lifestyle.

First off, the advertised SPF shouldn't be relied on because people rarely apply enough moisturizer to get the protection. I know I didn't. One of the active ingredients, avobenzone, is notorious for destabilizing other sunscreens so it's not as easy as just applying another sunscreen over it either and as I'm not a cosmetic chemist I don't want to take chances.

It wasn't the best at moisturizing and if I accidentally got any into my eyes (which happens because have dry eyelids and apply moisturizer there) it stung there too. Or even if I happened to sweat, it would migrate into my eyes and there would be that icky pain of a chemical sunscreen in the eyes. The microshimmer made my skin look somewhat oily despite it being dehydrated-normal. I didn't see any improvement in the long run whether it was evening my skin tone, texture, or brown spots.

I know there are some people who use this and like it (my sister, for one) but I think it is mostly because it is a cost effective readily available option. It may not be a bad choice for someone who spends most of their time indoors and doesn't need much moisture.

on 1/15/2015 1:49:00 AM

My sister is a big fan of this moisturizer and loves all things Aveeno. I borrowed some moisturizer from her on a couple of occasions and I have to say I'm not a fan of this lotion. It's more the consistency of the lotion itself it makes me feel like it is not being absorbed by my skin and doesn't seem to spread smooth. I more of the Neutrogena fan.

on 11/30/2014 12:20:00 PM

I love the aveeno body moisturizer so I had high hopes for this. I feel like this doesn't have enough moisturizing power for the winter, yet the "natural light diffusers" make you look oily even after it absorbs. My forehead started getting the dry peeling skin look after being in the wind for 20 minutes. My face does feel a little softer after application, but this is definitely not one of those products that will improve your skin after constant use. If you're looking for something for the winter, this is definitely not it. Even in the summer, I can see this being too oily. So all in all.. will not be repurchasing.

on 11/14/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I've tried so many other face creams but everything else seems to leave me greasy with my makeup literally falling off! I have normal to dry skin but everything left me feeling so oily. This one is the opposite! It leave my face hydrated and soft. I have really started to notice a difference. I also have two spots on my face that appeared about 3 yrs ago after a pimple. It scabs over, peels off then starts all over again. During the summer in the heat it become painful, imagine a needle poking at your nose and right under your eye socket...yeah! painful! You name it, I've tried it to get rid of the scabs. I tried neosporin, vicks ( I know that's not what's for) and scab cream, face cream, home remedies and even went to a doctor where I got it "frozen off" yeah....that didn't work either. 2 weeks on the Aveeno product and the scabs have soften, they are very thin compared to what was there. I've been using it for about a month and a half not and the scabs don't come back. The spots are still there but they are soft and getting noticeably lighter. I wish I could find pictures of the scab so you could see the difference.

My mother also uses this and absolutely LOVES it. We both have backup and my sister is getting it for her birthday!

Way to go Aveeno! This is an AMAZING product!

on 10/7/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this, I've been using it for 2 years and so far so good. No bad breakouts from it and doesn't leave my face looking oily after it absorbs for 5 minutes. I will never go back to the Nivea sunscreens for they leave my pores clogged from the oily substance. I use this Aveeno cream every day after washing my face in the morning. I have the spf 30 one for more protection.