Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf15

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

on 1/19/2015 9:02:00 PM

It's an ok moisturizer, I have very dry skin, so it didn't do much for me. However, the spf is a bonus, and it's not oily at all, and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. It would be ideal for a combination/oily skin. But for dry skin, this isn't a super hydrating moisturizer, and I only use it as a primer for foundation.

on 1/15/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used to use this Aveeno moisturizer because it was available at Costco for a decent price and occasionally went on sale but I've since realized it's not a good choice for my skin and lifestyle.

First off, the advertised SPF shouldn't be relied on because people rarely apply enough moisturizer to get the protection. I know I didn't. One of the active ingredients, avobenzone, is notorious for destabilizing other sunscreens so it's not as easy as just applying another sunscreen over it either and as I'm not a cosmetic chemist I don't want to take chances.

It wasn't the best at moisturizing and if I accidentally got any into my eyes (which happens because have dry eyelids and apply moisturizer there) it stung there too. Or even if I happened to sweat, it would migrate into my eyes and there would be that icky pain of a chemical sunscreen in the eyes. The microshimmer made my skin look somewhat oily despite it being dehydrated-normal. I didn't see any improvement in the long run whether it was evening my skin tone, texture, or brown spots.

I know there are some people who use this and like it (my sister, for one) but I think it is mostly because it is a cost effective readily available option. It may not be a bad choice for someone who spends most of their time indoors and doesn't need much moisture.

on 1/15/2015 1:49:00 AM

My sister is a big fan of this moisturizer and loves all things Aveeno. I borrowed some moisturizer from her on a couple of occasions and I have to say I'm not a fan of this lotion. It's more the consistency of the lotion itself it makes me feel like it is not being absorbed by my skin and doesn't seem to spread smooth. I more of the Neutrogena fan.

on 11/30/2014 12:20:00 PM

I love the aveeno body moisturizer so I had high hopes for this. I feel like this doesn't have enough moisturizing power for the winter, yet the "natural light diffusers" make you look oily even after it absorbs. My forehead started getting the dry peeling skin look after being in the wind for 20 minutes. My face does feel a little softer after application, but this is definitely not one of those products that will improve your skin after constant use. If you're looking for something for the winter, this is definitely not it. Even in the summer, I can see this being too oily. So all in all.. will not be repurchasing.

on 11/14/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I've tried so many other face creams but everything else seems to leave me greasy with my makeup literally falling off! I have normal to dry skin but everything left me feeling so oily. This one is the opposite! It leave my face hydrated and soft. I have really started to notice a difference. I also have two spots on my face that appeared about 3 yrs ago after a pimple. It scabs over, peels off then starts all over again. During the summer in the heat it become painful, imagine a needle poking at your nose and right under your eye socket...yeah! painful! You name it, I've tried it to get rid of the scabs. I tried neosporin, vicks ( I know that's not what's for) and scab cream, face cream, home remedies and even went to a doctor where I got it "frozen off" yeah....that didn't work either. 2 weeks on the Aveeno product and the scabs have soften, they are very thin compared to what was there. I've been using it for about a month and a half not and the scabs don't come back. The spots are still there but they are soft and getting noticeably lighter. I wish I could find pictures of the scab so you could see the difference.

My mother also uses this and absolutely LOVES it. We both have backup and my sister is getting it for her birthday!

Way to go Aveeno! This is an AMAZING product!

on 10/7/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this, I've been using it for 2 years and so far so good. No bad breakouts from it and doesn't leave my face looking oily after it absorbs for 5 minutes. I will never go back to the Nivea sunscreens for they leave my pores clogged from the oily substance. I use this Aveeno cream every day after washing my face in the morning. I have the spf 30 one for more protection.

on 8/24/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, extremely oily in the T sections and extremely dry every where else. This moisturizer does not add any grease to my face, while keeping my dry areas soft. I also use the positively radiant exfoliating face wash and my skin is clear and as promised - RADIANT! The sparkle, others mention is minimal and only seen up close. There are no large chunks of glitter in this product, it's minimal and I tend to like it!

This is my HG day-time moisturizer! It's perfect for during the day because it's not too heavy and not too light, either. It leaves my normal skin with just the right amount of moisture. Sometimes, however, if my skin is going through a dry period, I have to use a more intense moisturizer. I can't say that it's evened out my skin tone and texture as is advertised on the bottle, but I haven't really noticed either way. The best part about this is that it's oil free, hypoallergenic, and nocomedogenic. In other words, it won't make your skin break out, your face shiny, or give you an allergic reaction. For my acne prone skin, moisturizers that are noncomedogenic are a must. Adding some moisture to your skin can actually help prevent and heal breakouts because it helps prevent over drying of the skin, which would lead to more oil production (breakouts). The cherry on top to this sundae is that it has SPF 15. We all know how important it is to wear SPF every day to prevent skin damage. Using a moisturizer that has SPF included just makes it that much easier to do. This is an all around great product.

on 8/3/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff. I have bought it twice now. Makes my skin feel and look great. I have dry skin, and I use a full pump on each cheek, and another one on my forehead. Then let it sink in a bit, and have no problem with applying makeup, the stuff is not greasy on me. Smell is nice. Price is fine, just wait for a coupon or a sale and snag a few.

on 7/21/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product erased my acne scars, and for that, I will be forever in love with it. I actually only use it at night because I have oily skin and don't like to put any moisturizer on underneath my Bare Minerals original powder foundation, but I decided to get this instead of the SPF-free night cream because the ingredients are otherwise identical and this size is more economical for the same price. After about three weeks of nightly use, my acne scars were invisible. Gone. Words can't express how impressed I am with this moisturizer. It does have a fragrance, but I actually really like it and it hasn't irritated my skin. It does feel kind of slick and oily, so I can't imagine it would be good under makeup, but at night it doesn't really matter. My only words of caution are that it really stings around the eyes, so I have to use a separate eye creme. But that's whatever. No big deal. This has a great consistency, melts into skin nicely, smells good, moisturizes well, and does what it promises: brightens skin, evens out tone, and makes my skin "radiant." I use this in conjunction with the original Dove Beauty Bar as a cleanser and Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, and my skin has never been happier. Highly recommend!