April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Lune D'or

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by iAMrandom1096

This product doesn't work that well for me. I really need to PACK on color if I want anything to show up. It's a really beautiful color- pink with gold veining. When I swatch it with my finger, it's REALLY pigmented, but when I try to do the same with my blush brush or the brush that comes with the blush, it just doesn't work. I really need to sweep the blush over and over with my brush until the color gets picked up. The color doesn't show up that well on my skin either. My skin is a bit tanned but not exactly that...dark? Anyways, I'm still giving it a 3 because I like how the shimmer on the blush just really gives a nice sheen to my face (but don't get TOO much shimmer on there!!) So yup! I think for people with paler skin, this would be a REALLY great product; It just didn't work for me :D

EDIT: I started using this blush again after my other blush hit pan. I can't believe that I didn't like this blush before because now, I absolutely love it! Now that it's transitioning into fall and winter, my skin is getting paler, and this blush gives the most beautiful pink glow to my cheeks. IT'S SO PRETTY and it's going to be my go-to blush from now on!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

This blush is beautiful! I am pale, NC15 pale and it gives me a hint of colour to perk me up! The only thing is, it can be a little shimmery so i put powder over the top. It's long lasting and for the price it's amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by StarlightXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my fav blush but first off I have pale NC15 toned skin and this colour is not for those over NC/NW20. This is my everyday blush that suites the 'not made up but fresh' look I like to go for. Its a light pink colour that can be built up for more pigment but never gives off that clown effect no matter how much is applied. It has a slight shimmer to it, but not super glittery. The price of around 9euro is good compared to some brands out there.
One downfall is the packaging. My blush has started to fall out of the round pot. I can put it back in again but have to watch out in case its falls and breaks.
Best blush I have found and will definatly buy again :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY!! $11.5 USD (approx) for a 2.5g Bourjois blush!? They better be pigmented! but they're not, sadly. Why not save some money for other drugstore items or double your savings to buy a HE blush? What range does Bourjois want to position their products in?? If it's trying to be low-end drugstore items, why the hell it's so expensive? and so little product?

The Lune D'or is a major disappointment, it doesn't show up on my NW25 skin, very glittery, might be similar to Cargo Blu-ray blush in pink, but without the pigmentation, or color. Only the glitter. This might be a good highlighter though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mickey5252

For some reason, I've never really liked bourjois blushes, and the Lune D'or was a huge dissapointment.

I was never able to pick up the appropriate amount of blush, it doesn't show up at all on my NC30 skin, and if i try to pick up more color, it turns me into a discoball.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i got it as a dupe od nars orgasm but i have to say "o" is irreplacable.. so try to decribe without comparing to it.. so, first of all the packaging is chunky round pot-classical bourjois design.. it is always the same colour that the product inside-that is a very individual idea.. you open it and it looks like a chanel blush... (-mothercompany so no wonder- at this point i was a bit scraed as chanel blushes never worked for me as the pigmentation and the staying power was poor.. ) the colour is almost a dupe, but when i started to apply it i realized that it is a no go for me.. not bad if you want something really really sheer... but at the same time i have to say that in the rate category i t is outstanding:)n but i can see the hype about it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by miki08

I adore this blush. I decided to get it after seeing in on a friend of mine and read the rave reviews at make up alley. It gives the prettiest, most delicate glow on my face. It's peachy pink with very fine gold shimmer. It has more pink in it than orgasm. I prefer this to Nars orgasm, which used to be my fave. I don't look like I'm wearing blush with this, just look as if I've just exercised or gone to the beach. Nice price too (compared with orgasm).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by burntlego

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this product for over a year now but I've barely touched it. I find it hard to pick up the colour on any brush, and the colour is way too sheer for a medium skin tone like mine - I barely noticed any colour at all. I would say it's more of a lovely sheer shimmer and works best layered over a matte blush, rather than used as a blusher on its own.
Cute packaging and great to just throw into your bag but I'd choose a different colour next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Qua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This used to be my favourite blush before i switched to high end. It's got the most beautiful shade of golden rose and gives you pretty delicate glow. What i really hate is the flimsy packaging, the useless tiny built-in mirror and the scratchy brush. Also, the formula is a bit too dry so it can be hard to pick up and apply. One more good thing about this product is its durability. I'm convinced that if it were not for the packaging, it would last forever. That's a shortcoming in some people's opinion, though :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by danai

I recently also got the Rose D' Or version of this blush and fell in love with it right away. I just couldn't believe it could get any better, but rurprisingly it does, and Lune D' Or is It.
Like many have said before me, it is the most gorgeous peachy golden beige shade you can imagine. Unlike Rose D' Or, which is a deliciously girly pink that makes cheeks look flushed, this one is a soft champagne shade that gives the most subtle, barely - there but positively gorgeous glow. And, unlike Rose D' Or which is unfortunately easy to overdo (I have quite fair skin), I can pile up on this without it looking clownish at all. It gives more of a sunkissed healthy glow rather than a rosy, flushed effect. Therefore if you are extremely pale and don't seem to be able to pull blush off, this is exactly what you need. It will make your face glow. You can also use it as a highlighter I suppose, though I haven't tried that yet.
The packaging is super cute but a bit brittle. When you open the pot, a scent that is irresistible to me is unleashed. Understandably you may not be thrilled about your blush smelling, but I am absolutely mad about the scent, to the point that I have to push myself to stop sniffing it and close the container after I'm done applying. The price is absolutely fine, in fact considering how good the product is and the quantity you get, I'd pay double the money for it. The powder is pressed, therefore it's not too easy to get on the brush, but I don't really mind that. The brush provided doesn't quite work for me and I see I'm not the only one, so you're probably better off using a bigger, softer one.
To sum things up, this is awesome. If I ever run out, which doesn't seem probable in the near future, I'll definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No