December 18, 2014 | 1749 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now this stuff is by far the best powder i have ever used in my life. Lately i havent been using powders - i tend to have naturally dry skin in certain spots that flake and then everywhere else is oily - sensitive and acne prone - Great skin right ?
I loved this stuff so much that i now have kicked my struggle with liquid foundation to the curb and use this and concealer and it is beautiful.
It didnt flake or cake and thats saying a lot for me - it evens out my skin tone but doesnt make my face look lifeless. I have had no problem with it clinging to dry spots - breakouts or anything.
it really is like your skin just better.
it does control some oil but i do have to re touch at times but it lasts a good few hours at work before i do so i can deal.
I know some people say this is extremely like coverage but its definitely buildable for me note i do get redness in some areas due to acne.
Just flawless - i cant describe it any more

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Melanie6389

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really hesitsnt about buying this because i felt like a drug store powder for cheaper would probably do the same thing but boy was i wrong. It does something really wonderful to my skin once i put it over my liquid foundation. It mattifys it and makes it look so smooth and erases any lines and cakeyness and if i take a small brush and brush it directly under my eyes because i have dark circles its erases them very well. Brushing this over any foundation will makeit look flawless and airbrushed and can even be worn alone. i really like this powder and will def wear it over any liquid foundation . its a must have!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I've had this for over a year already and just hit pan. For $30, this will last you a very long time. The coverage can be built up but it can be a little tricky if you're not careful. At first when I put it on, I don't really notice a difference which prompts me to put even on more making me look flat and cakey. Even though you don't think anything is there, there really is. If used correctly, it is the most gorgeous finishing powder. Just don't make the same mistake i did going overboard lol. I prefer a fluffy brush like the RT blush brush and on days I want fuller coverage, I use ELF's powder brush.

Now, I am very picky when it comes to wearing this powder. I do not like this powder on its own over concealer because it emphasizes the uneven surface of my skin. It also makes me look like a pancake over full coverage/matte foundations like Kat Von D. I only recommend using this powder over light to medium coverage foundations or BB creams. I also heard this gives the same effect as one of the Hourglass's Ambient Lighting Powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I like this product. It gives nice coverage and it applies smoothly and easily with a soft mineral brush. I'm an NC30 and I was matched with medium plus.
My only problem with this product is the packaging. I don't like that I can't have save to put a little sponge or a flat brush in the compact ... (I use a sleek brush from the benefit hello flawless powder ... it fits perfectly inside the mac careblends compact BUT NOT this product) I also don't like how it doesn't have a mirror but a clear top. The unfortunate part about this clear top is that it can pop out of the place... Which is what exactly happened to me. When I had this product in my makeup bag the clear top of my mac mineralized compact collapsed into the powder crushing it into a million pieces in my makeup bag and creating huge mess. Fail for the packing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a couple of years ago and I remember liking it but it was a weird color for my skin and it oxidized, so I gave it up. It's been awhile and I have matured a lot with my application of make up and what not, and i am so happy I have this a try! This looks SO natural, it makes you mostly matte but it's not chalky looking and it just adds a really nice natural glow to your face. It's hard to describe..but your natural skin kind of peeks through the powder and makes it look fabulous. Very happy I tried this again. It matches perfect to my NC35 skin tone. I really hope this doesn't break me out, as mostly ALL of their face powders/foundations do...the only ones that don't are the prolong wear concealer/foundation. Keeping my fingers crossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

AMAZING

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by dhryan429

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this thoroughly unimpressive. Truth be told, powder is my least favorite cosmetic product. But I've heard good things about the Mineralize, so I wanted to give powder another chance. The color match was solid, so it started out on the right foot. I was also fine with the feel of it, though I found it to look just a bit cakey. After a few hours my pores, which are not overly large, looked like craters. My face also looked excessively greasy, even though I don't find my skin to me particularly oily. I've given it a few days and now I'm done with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Sargis2129

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The verdict is still out on this product. I read so many raving reviews I had to try it. In the package I thought the powder looked a little light for my skin. I'm NC25, but the MUA matched me to this powder. $30 is a little steep IMO. The color does match me though and I do like that it isn't heavy but has build-able coverage. I have very sensitive skin and cant wear full coverage foundations. I've only used this three or four times. I'm not sure I love this product. I've used other mineral powders that gave better coverage and was less expensive. I may put this one up for swap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by EmmaElizR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this!! I have it in medium-dark and if you have pale skin like me you find that most bronsers are way too orange. This is perfect if you want to warm up your skin and you want it to be subtle. The packaging make it super handy to put in your bag and I do find it lasts for most of the day. You can build it up to be darker which gives you the choice to do both. If your darker than an NW15 then go for dark-deep

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by taupeandteacups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This buffs into the skin beautifully, evening out the skintone and providing light to buildable coverage without ever being cakey. Even applies well onto the most dry areas of my face, I use this on its own or just with a primer underneath.