4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. I started using cold-pressed organic castor oil (purchased on Amazon for about $14) on my lashes about 7 months ago. I have always had very short and straight lashes and was so jealous of those girls with the beautiful long lashes. If Latisse didn't scare me with the possible side effect of skin darkening, I would've tried it already. I hoped this would give me just a little length. I also started using the after using waterproof mascara damaged my lashes...I was loosing at least 3 lashes from each eye each night no matter how gentle I was removing my makeup. I actually had a few bald gaps in my lashes...horrifying. I apply this every night using an old liner brush to the roots of my upper and lower lashes and smooth a little through the length. After about a month, I could see tiny little lashes poking out in places where I didn't used to have them. I was truly amazed to actually see the volume building. I wanted this to work but honestly wasn't expecting results this early or this obvious. Around the 4 month mark is when I started to really notice a big increase in length. At 7 months now, my lashes have NEVER been this long. I'm also barely 1/4 way through my bottle. I will never stop using this. I still can't get over how well this worked. All I can say is be patient...you're not going to see major results overnight but over time, it really truly does work. People say they find it drying which I find really interesting because I find this really moisturizing under my eyes! I wake up in the morning and the skin is so soft and almost plumped?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used cold pressed castor oil ($11 AUD) for 100 mls. Quite expensive. Using it as hair mask, OCM, brows, and lashes. I like to mix this with almond oil and/or coconut oil to help it spread better. For OCM, if I massaged it long enough, I felt tiny grains coming out (I think they're sebum plugs that clog my pores?), so I think that's very cleansing. I only do it 2x a week. For hair, brows, and lashes, I haven't noticed a difference yet in hair growth or any reduction in hair falls (my brows and lashes don't experience hair fall/breakage though) - this is day 4. I found castor oil is quite drying as well. I remembered I put only castor oil the night before on my lashes, then the next morning my eyeliner tugged on my eyelids (usually the eyeliner is smooth and creamy, this is an automatic pencil type of liner). So now I always mix it.

UPDATE 2/12/15: I used this on my brows and eyelashes. Yeah I saw some growth in the brows area, but it clogged my skin! Literally pimples on my brow. Not happy. I'll keep using it for my lashes. No improvement on the hair fall when used as a hair treatment.

OKAY! I think this broke me out so bad! I think it's because of the "ricin" which is a toxic substance in castor oil that can cause severe allergic reaction. I bought cold pressed version and this ricin substance only get inactivated through heat…

I tried this on my lashes and brows. It made my eyes extremely puffy so I had to stop using it on my eyelashes. For brows it worked miracles! Literally after using this for a few days I noticed new brow hairs growing. Sad thing it made my eyes puffy coz I bet this would have worked miracles for my lashes too..

I had long lashes but they were really thin..even shed a lot..I somehow knew that castor oil is good for lash and brow but never tried it before...why didn't I!!!..it makes my lashes so thick after just 2 weeks of use that people asks me which brand of water color mascara I use..cause it looks so natural!
but the sad fact is, it didn't help me with my hairline :-(.. I hate it on my scalp..feels so heavy..and I don't notice any visible change like my lashes..
still I am giving it full marks cause castor oil saved my lashes...

I heard that this helps grow eyebrows. It didn't work for me and was a waste of time in that regard.

But I found that this works pretty well for oil cleansing when mixed with another oil (coconut, jojoba, avocado, whatever works for you). It's a thick oil and it adds a little more friction to the oil massage. I follow with a foaming cleanser and my skin is left super-clean.

But even so, I don't feel like this is something I can't live without. And when my bottle runs out I don't plan to repurchase.

Haven't used it as OCM or in my conditioner yet, but I have used it on my lashes and eyebrows. It's not a *miracle* product but I use it once or twice a week and I feel that it keeps them in better condition and they fall out less frequently which is half the battle to having good lashes. Mine are straight, but long and quite dense and dark, and occasionally I get dust more allergy which has me rubbing the life out of my eyes and losing loads of hairs in the process.

The way I do it is: take a Q-tip, turn my bottle of castor oil upside down and then use whatever is in the lid, apply to the top of my upper lashes, then the waterline bit, then the bottom lid. Smear the excess into my eyebrows. Always before bed, and after I've done everything as I wear glasses.

This definitely helps, they do seen longer and thicker but I'm sure it's simply because they are healthier. Always TEST patch, anything that's going so close to your eyes is something to be sceptical about. Err on the side of caution and be cynical. Will be using this mixed with coconut oil (maybe?) in the lower portion of my hair as I'm currently growing out an undercut, interested to see if it works.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I do not like this oil it seems to be making acne on my face which is a nono!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

You get your bang for your buck! Not only is this a great eyelash and eyebrow growth serum, but it works as an amazing oil cleansing method and makeup remover. I use this every day (1:1 ratio with coconut oil) as a makeup remover, and it brings everything out of the pores and dissolves all the makeup to wipe off very easily. I also used this for my Oil Cleansing Method, when my skin was going through some turmoil from trying out new products. I mixed it 1:1 with coconut oil, massaged it into my skin (removed makeup first) for about 2 minutes, then I got a damp hot cloth and placed it on my face (left the cloth on until it cooled down), then I wiped the cloth over my face to get the remaining oil off. I WAS AMAZED! Some very stubborn, painful acne had fiiiinally come to a head and were ready for extraction. i went in to pop one and two came out at once that were not even visible before! Definitely purged my skin fast and effectively; no waiting a few weeks for the purge to go down. My pores felt so clean without the dried out feeling, and my skin felt properly hydrated which is necessary for any skin type. If you're scared of putting oil on your skin because you have oily skin like myself, don't be! This is the one oil to try that is actually somewhat drying (if not mixed with another oil). Definitely worth the money for the awesome eyebrow and eyelash growth as well!!

Obsessed. For years I hunted for this stuff after seeing Pinterest rave about it, could not find it anywhere in stores or health food places, and gave up search. Silly me, it's easy to find via internet my gosh. I found a 4 oz. bottle (which will last me a long time!) online (eBay) for $4.69 +free shipping, from "Health & Beauty", Organic USP Grade Cold-Pressed Castor Oil. Not gonna lie, I have seen some seriously noticeable results. I originally wanted this product for my brows + lashes, which grew insanely fast + beautiful. Now I use it all over my dry/combo acne-prone face + body before I go to bed (I'm especially dry in the heat of California summer). I apply it at nightime by pouring a teaspoon in my hand + gently patting directly onto my eyelashes + eyebrows, then the rest under my eye + lids. I even noticed my under-eye dark circles dissipate. I am a huge fan of coconut oil for my skin but lately I prefer the thickness of castor oil for particularly dry areas. The smell does not bother me, nor does the thicker texture. Totally worth it + next time I'm buying a way bigger bottle from the same people to fill little bottles to share with my friends + family.

This is such a great product. I mix this in with my conditioner and then leave it on my hair for a few minutes when I'm in the shower. It makes such a difference in the softness in my hair. I noticed it really conditions my hair and leaves it softer and more manageable. It's a very thick consistency, so a little goes a long way. The smell is neutral, which I like. Definitely a gem of a product. Highly recommend!

Popular Brows Products