December 19, 2014 | 1249 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by hopetonou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do this and just having the conditioning of the oil helps with brittle lashes and even brows. Do it and see what happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Caitlin99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using castor oil everyday on my eyebrows and eyelashes and even in my shampoo. It's really made a difference in the length of my eyelashes and the thickness of my eyebrows but I'm not sure if it did anything about my hair length yet

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Using castor oil has made my eyebrows seem thicker, but I don't like that it's smell can be overpowering and that it's very thick. I've stopped using castor oil for a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed that my eyebrows have returned to how they were before. I don't like that I have to use this all the time to see results, and that the results aren't lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love discoveries like this. It's dirt cheap, it's natural, and most importantly, it works. Boy, does it work. I've had my brows groomed in the 90's and it's not so bad, it's perfectly arched and symmetrical but it's kinda sparse. So are my lashes. I've used one of those lash serums before and they're really pricey.

For 2 months now, I've applied castor oil with a Q-tip (or cotton bud) to my eyebrows and lashes every night. I've also added it to my shampoo every day when I wash my hair. I'm not sure if it helps my hair, but boy does it help my lashes! I've seen the most significant change to my lashes, and coming behind that, my eyebrows. I love how my lashes look now - so full and long. I think my eyebrows grow faster - but that's just me trying to notice any difference.

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell - it smells like an ashtray. But I've heard about how you can mask it by adding essential oils like lavender so you can do that too. I don't bother - the smell usually dissipates in a while.

So yes, five lippies! I'll continue using this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Funsizedeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, so I must say I've only been using this product for about a week on my scalp. After trying the oil cleansing method (mixing castor oil, jojoba oil and tamanu oil) and having HORRIFIC results, I was intent on finding other uses for all these special oil bottles I bought. The jojoba oil ended up being the best moisturizer for my skin (no more razor bumps, yay!), and the tamanu oil has been amazing for any sensitive or inflamed skin. I finally started using the castor oil on my scalp in hopes that maybe, just maybe it would help with my hair growth and help prevent hair fallout/split ends. My hair usually grows about an inch every 3-4 months or so, and by then it is usually all split ends. I've tried everything under the sun to help with this (stopped using heat styling, started brushing and massaging more, biotin which made me break out all over my body) and I can honestly say that within the week I've used it, my hair has already grown more than it usually does in a month and is softer and fuller than ever, I can't stop myself from touching it!! I just now started using it on my eyebrows and eyelashes which also need a little help, but not a whole bunch. Will update in a month or 2 with more results!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No effect on my lashes and brows. Tried for about 6 weeks, twice, after some encouragement from an MUA member who swore it would work! Thanks, but all it did was seep into my eyes at night, no matter how little I used on the base of my lashes, and make my eyes red by morning. But coconut oil has done wonders for my lashes and brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by hellohello0o00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, let me say that I am not one of those people who claims that castor oil works wonders after over plucking their eyebrows, because, after all, how do you know whether it's the castor oil or your own body doing the magic of regrowing?

I have always had the same eyebrow shape, but I have always had one or two small patches that do not have any hair. After using castor oil every night for around 2-3 weeks, guess what? They are now covered with hair! The oil does not make your hairs any darker, but thicker. One downside is that the oil can cause acne, since I have oily and acne prone skin. Other than that, the oil works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by KirstinLong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Let me first grab your attention by saying that CASTOR OIL REALLY DOES WORK. My eyebrows look like chewbacca's hairy legs at the moment.

Now i've seen some negative reviews on here saying that it doesn't work, but I will prove you wrong with the pictures I am about to upload to my profile!
These are some factors I have come up with to determine probably why the castor oil isn't working for hair growth on you:
-you aren't using cold pressed castor oil. This is an extremely important factor, because the more refined your castor oil is, the less nutrients it will contain. Cold pressed castor oil is basically the process of removing the oil from the seed, without using heat (heat kills all the vital nutrients). I purchase a huge bottle of that organic stuff from whole foods for a whopping 8 bucks! My bottle is still full after having it for 2 years.

-You aren't exfoliating/massaging the area you want to target for hair growth. This is a must, because exfoliating and massaging the areas daily make sure your follicles are well stimulated with blood flow, which in return leads to hair growth.

-You aren't applying the product religiously. If you want to get the Max benefits from castor oil, you must apply it every night before you go to bed, don't be lazy!!

This is my routine:
If I was wearing makeup beforehand I will use coconut oil to remove the makeup from my eyes and eyebrows. It's important to remove every bit of makeup, you don't want to block your hair follicles.

After removing every inch of makeup, I will wash my face will a gentle scent less cleanser. Then I exfoliate my face with a scrub focusing on my eyebrow area. Wash then pay dry.
Then I soak a cotton pad in diluted tea tree oil and rub this all over my eyebrows. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND I ALSO CONTRIBUTE THIS TO MY EYEBROW GROWTH. Tea tree oil is know to stimulate hair growth. After this, I brush out my eyebrow hairs for a minute, using light circulating motions, this stimulates the hairs even more. Lastly, I use a q-tip and generously apply castor oil to my eyebrow area. Make sure every hair is saturated. Also,if you use face creams like I do, avoid getting them around your eyebrows, this can block your hair follicles and promote hair loss.

I have been doing this religiously for 2 months and my eyebrows have grown in like crazy! I will post a before and after picture on my profile if you wanna check them out, (excuse the pimple around my eyebrows, this is the only downside of the castor oil, but I am no longer breaking out, I think my skin just had to get used to the oil.)
Hope I helped!

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I'm using the right kind of castor oil, but the cheapie stuff found in the digestive aid section of Wal-Mart does wonders. I noticed that the ends of my eyebrows weren't looking as full as they once were.. I picked this stuff up for less than $3 and then put it on my brows with a q-tip after I showered. After doing this nightly for about a week my brows were looking much better. About 2 months later, and I can say that they look better than ever. I started using an old (clean) mascara spoolie (CoverGirl Lash Blast Length) to put on my brows and occassionally my lashes. The thin rubbery bristles help comb it thru each hair so that really helps. I don't even have to fill in my brows anymore! I tried mixing this in my shampoo and that kinda left my hair a thick greasy mess! This oil is extremely thick and my face is an oil spill so I haven't put this anywhere near my skin. For brows/lashes, this stuff is wonderful! I've noticed less fallout but more fullness!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I like castor oil, but would definately not recommend to use it for skin or anywhere close to that. I used to use it for hair long back, and I saw improvements, but you need to continously use it and thats why I stopped.
Another thing is that, it is very difficult nowadays to find a very good brand for castor oil, just like for Maroccan Oil.
Most of them are cheap, and don't do much.