4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 6/24/2015 5:10:00 AM

Didn't see any difference in growth rate as a hair mask. Used this for a month. Honestly, just makes it softer but many oils will do that. I penetrated the scalp with it (+a barrier almond oil) upside down many times with inversion method (God, I am desperate to grow out this bad cut!) but it didn't really work. If I needed a hair mask for silkiness than this is an option, but I'd hoped for accelerated growth, which definitely didn't happen.

Also, I stupidly decided to use it on my lashes. Not like they're short or particularly sparse, I just wanted to see. I did it for 5 days and ended up with clogged eyelash follicles and swollen eyelids. I can't believe people on here recommend this for eyelashes when it is SO dangerous. Don't understand how I'm only one of the few to get an infection from this. Beware!

on 6/24/2015 12:26:00 AM

In all honesty, maybe overtime and excessive use of this oil will contribute a noticable outcome, but as for me using it religiously on my hair for months as masks, I cannot say I see a difference. I don't want to be a buzzkill but I suggest that if go through a commitment like this, purchase something that will guarantee success for your hair. Hope this helps.

on 6/19/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I read so much on the internet about this oil and I can say : It really helped me to thick and grow my eyelashes.
I simply use an old washed out mascara and apply the oil on my eyelashes every night before I go to bed.

on 6/11/2015 5:56:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about Castor Oil. I have used it for eyelash/eyebrow growth, dry areas of skin on my body and also on skin boils. I think it might be the consistency of it, since it is such a thick oil, or maybe my sensitive skin, but I have never been super impressed with it. It does help my eyebrows grow some, but I had to stop using it on my eyelashes, as it kept giving me small acne like bumps on my lids and under eyes, not milia, almost like clogged pores or styes. It didn't seem to make a difference for dry spots on my body, unless I mixed it with other moisturizing ingredients and as far as my skin boils, that was just a nightmare. It made it worse instead of better, but everyone is different. I do not dislike it, but I also do not love it either. I might repurchase in the future if needed, but I will probably just stick to my Jojoba and Coconut Oils instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Castor Oil is one of the thicker oils out there. I used it on the rough skin on my feet, elbows etc but I just find that you really cant use this unless youre going to bed because its just so thick.. I didnt really see much of a difference in the major dry areas of my body so the pros dont weighout the cons enough for me to repurchase it again.

on 6/1/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff stings like hell if you get it in your eyes so I haven't been able to use it for eyelash growth but I have used it and loved it on my brows. It feels sticky like honey but once you get past that it's alright.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Castor Oil! I add this to my DIY body butters, I use it on my eye lashes and as a night time eye cream and it has done wonders for my eye area (which is really really dry for some reason). I also use it on my hair before washing, and on the ends of my hair when I twist it at night. This product is amazing, its cheap, you can get it from anywhere (currently I just the Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Coconut Oil, love it). I recommend for all types of uses. It is also amazing on scars that you are trying to get rid of. It is also a natural anti-bacterial. I am a woman that completely waxes her nether regions and I apply castor oil at night to keep the skin down there soft and germ free, it absorbs into the skin and it really has helped keep the skin down there clear and bright (darker skinned women sometimes get hyper pigmentation down there).

I had high hopes, but this really did the opposite of growing hair on me. I spent two weeks trying to use this to grow my eyelashes, but eventually i had to accept it was just causing them to fall out without regrowth.
If you want something that really works, but hurts like a mofo if it gets in your eye, try Neem oil. My lashes grew back like crazy in days.

on 5/27/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far so good.
I use this for my lashes and it seems that they are growing and maybe a little thicker.
If anything they are healthier.
It is thick and can be messy but I have mine in a dropper bottle and apply with a mascara wand.
I try to use it every night when I remember.
I does migrate and slides around my area which is moisturizing and makes my skin soft in the morning, I think it may just be helping with the my undereye circles and fine lines, it also can get into my eyes sometimes but does not burn or cause irritation just blurriness if I do not go to sleep immediately lol
I cannot use moisturizer around my eyes because it causes puffiness including eye creams but the little bit that slides off my lashes around my eye area seems to be perfect.

I did try this when I was trying out different OCM methods but none worked for my skin and caused me to break out and made me more oily then normal.

on 5/15/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have lost my front hair an year back and the rest ones are also very thin and getting thinner day by day. Does castor oil help to regrow my hair back? And how to apply it for regrowth?
Thanks.