October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by KirstinLong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Let me first grab your attention by saying that CASTOR OIL REALLY DOES WORK. My eyebrows look like chewbacca's hairy legs at the moment.

Now i've seen some negative reviews on here saying that it doesn't work, but I will prove you wrong with the pictures I am about to upload to my profile!
These are some factors I have come up with to determine probably why the castor oil isn't working for hair growth on you:
-you aren't using cold pressed castor oil. This is an extremely important factor, because the more refined your castor oil is, the less nutrients it will contain. Cold pressed castor oil is basically the process of removing the oil from the seed, without using heat (heat kills all the vital nutrients). I purchase a huge bottle of that organic stuff from whole foods for a whopping 8 bucks! My bottle is still full after having it for 2 years.

-You aren't exfoliating/massaging the area you want to target for hair growth. This is a must, because exfoliating and massaging the areas daily make sure your follicles are well stimulated with blood flow, which in return leads to hair growth.

-You aren't applying the product religiously. If you want to get the Max benefits from castor oil, you must apply it every night before you go to bed, don't be lazy!!

This is my routine:
If I was wearing makeup beforehand I will use coconut oil to remove the makeup from my eyes and eyebrows. It's important to remove every bit of makeup, you don't want to block your hair follicles.

After removing every inch of makeup, I will wash my face will a gentle scent less cleanser. Then I exfoliate my face with a scrub focusing on my eyebrow area. Wash then pay dry.
Then I soak a cotton pad in diluted tea tree oil and rub this all over my eyebrows. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND I ALSO CONTRIBUTE THIS TO MY EYEBROW GROWTH. Tea tree oil is know to stimulate hair growth. After this, I brush out my eyebrow hairs for a minute, using light circulating motions, this stimulates the hairs even more. Lastly, I use a q-tip and generously apply castor oil to my eyebrow area. Make sure every hair is saturated. Also,if you use face creams like I do, avoid getting them around your eyebrows, this can block your hair follicles and promote hair loss.

I have been doing this religiously for 2 months and my eyebrows have grown in like crazy! I will post a before and after picture on my profile if you wanna check them out, (excuse the pimple around my eyebrows, this is the only downside of the castor oil, but I am no longer breaking out, I think my skin just had to get used to the oil.)
Hope I helped!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I'm using the right kind of castor oil, but the cheapie stuff found in the digestive aid section of Wal-Mart does wonders. I noticed that the ends of my eyebrows weren't looking as full as they once were.. I picked this stuff up for less than $3 and then put it on my brows with a q-tip after I showered. After doing this nightly for about a week my brows were looking much better. About 2 months later, and I can say that they look better than ever. I started using an old (clean) mascara spoolie (CoverGirl Lash Blast Length) to put on my brows and occassionally my lashes. The thin rubbery bristles help comb it thru each hair so that really helps. I don't even have to fill in my brows anymore! I tried mixing this in my shampoo and that kinda left my hair a thick greasy mess! This oil is extremely thick and my face is an oil spill so I haven't put this anywhere near my skin. For brows/lashes, this stuff is wonderful! I've noticed less fallout but more fullness!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I like castor oil, but would definately not recommend to use it for skin or anywhere close to that. I used to use it for hair long back, and I saw improvements, but you need to continously use it and thats why I stopped.
Another thing is that, it is very difficult nowadays to find a very good brand for castor oil, just like for Maroccan Oil.
Most of them are cheap, and don't do much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I've always been advised to use this for my sparse eyebrows and when I use it, it really does help. I can see a difference even after 4-5 uses. However it makes me break up and it has even dripped to my eye area causing my eyelids to get inflamed. So no matter how much I would like to use it, I can't.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using Castor Oil mainly because some of my eyelashes fell out after I got eyelash extensions done. I was so depressed about it and after doing some research online on how to grow them back I brought the Extra Dark Jamaican Castor Oil from Ebay (8oz for 9). I used it for a week and my eyelashes grew back, but to my surprise they were thicker and darker too. This stuff seriously helps with hair growth. I use it on my eyebrows and baby hairs (I got rid of my baby hairs via waxing and regretted it) and it also made the hair on my head appear thicker and fuller. I purchase this every month because I use it head to toe. It helps get rid of acne and fade stretch marks (new mom with red stretch marks on my stomach). I hate that it's so pricy compared to other oils but it's not a big deal :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by glendonwyne

So like a lot of people, I heard from the internet that this stuff would make your eyelashes grow. I was skeptical, but it's so damn cheap that I was willing to try it. Does it work? Surprisingly, yeah, it sort of does. Read on for more!

Background: I don't have great eyelashes. They're not long, they're not thick, and they tend to fall out and poke me in the eye. Often. We're talking at least 2 a day. Every time I pulled on my eyelashes a teeny bit, at least one would fall out.

What I did: So I bought some castor oil, and used an eyeliner brush to swipe it along my upper lashline. Then I'd use an old spoolie to brush an excess along my lashes. If I'd had an old mascara tube, I would have put some in there and applied it like mascara as well. I applied it in the morning only (when I applied it at night I woke up to puffy eyes in the morning).

What happened: The first thing I noticed is that my eyelashes stopped falling out. This was almost immediate. Within 1-2 weeks, my eyelashes started to look thicker. In another week, they started to look longer. I didn't apply any to my lower lashline, but they also had a similar effect. Because the lashes are on different growth cycles, it took maybe ~4-6 weeks for everything to even out.

Conclusion: I've been using the oil regularly for ~6 weeks now, and my lashes don't seem to be growing anymore. They do look much better, especially with mascara, but the effects aren't anywhere as drastic as Latisse. My theory is that the oil works for lashes like conditioner works for hair: it reduces breakage, which helps the lashes reach their genetic potential. If your lashes are already good, it may not do anything for you. For me, considering the cost and the amount of effort, I'm pleased with the results.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Castor oil is extremely thick so I wouldn't recommend it for use on the face, but for hair - especially thinning or out of condition hair - it's great when mixed with other oils and left on overnight then washed out with a mild clarifying shampoo the next morning. I mix mine with sweet almond and jojoba and add other hair-friendly oils such as rosemary, lavender and tea tree. I then pop pure argan oil just on my hair ends to help prevent split ends as I wash and blow dry or use straighteners most days and colour it at least once every 3 weeks. Since I started using hair oils my hair is in extremely good condition and has a shine I haven't seen since I was in my late teens/early twenties.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by gemmyca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff!

I use it to massage my face to unclog my pores (oil cleansing method), my hardened sebum bumps (ew!) just slips out with a little squeeze. (I use castor oil + sweet almond oil for this)

I also use it to grow my lashes and eyebrows. I'm Asian so I originally have thin, short lashes but now they're pretty long ;)

Tip for all the ladies but mostly for y'all Asians with small lashes: use the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and a waterproof mascara to show off what castor oil has gifted you! Haha :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Miracle product. I have used castor oil to rid my chin and neck of shaving bumps (a thin layer before bed for a week), reduce dark circles (with the same nightly application) and as an overnight body moisturiser.

These are all wonderful and practical uses but my favourite use is on my eyelashes. I have been applying it to the roots for a few months almost every night and there is noticeable growth and extra thickness. Even my friend of many years asked what mascara I was wearing on my bare lashes. What's more is that applying it under my eyes have even made my almost non-existent bottom lashes spring forth. You can even use it as a makeup remover for that stubborn eyeliner between the lash roots. I've also read about it being used to treat verrucas but I haven't tried this myself.

I use the Pukka organic cold-pressed castor oil. It's not exactly cheap but for the results I am happy to pay the price again.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cgil7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used castor oil now...in my hair...for several years. My hair started thinning in my late 30's due to hormonal issues and anemia. I have long, baby fine hair that used to be pretty abundant but after so many years of hair loss, is now half of what it use to be. I tried a lot of things but what ultimately stopped the shedding is castor oil.

No need to glob it on...it is a very thick oil. All you need to do is add 2 or 3 drops of it to the amount of shampoo you use every time you wash your hair. It will not make your hair gummy or flat or greasy. But after using it for a few weeks it stopped my shedding and has ever since.

I use the Heritage brand from Whole Foods. The small bottle will last you well over a year so it is dirt cheap. I keep it in my shower. It worked perfectly for me and is definitely worth a try if you have shedding problems.

I also used it for awhile on my lashes...worked well but tended to break me out around the eyes and brows (I tried it there too) I really loved it for my lashes and would have kept using it if it weren't for the breakouts. I may revisit it one day...see if I still have the same problem.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No