November 24, 2014 | 1515 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I must say when I first purchased this product I was not at all that excited...it seemed very "meh" to me and I needed several coats to make my lashes appear. Somehow after a few uses it started to stick to my lashes better and with the first coat I would get these gorgeous fluffy natural looking lashes. I sometimes wear one coat if I want to go very natural or two coats for a more stand-out lash look. What I really love about this mascara and I was not expecting at all is for my lashes to grow....let me explain to you how phenomenal this was. I had used some demi lashes and had a bit of an accident where I maybe had too much to drink and didn't take them off properly. oops. (i'm 24, just so that no one thinks im underage or anything) This resulted in some small bald spots along my lashline. These lashes were short and horrifying and made me lose my mind. I bought this in hopes of increasing the volume of my lashes to try and ide my patches...and it's actually helped my little hairs in their journey to growing back out! It's not a drastic change, but my lashes feel thicker after using this exclusively for about 2 weeks. I don't know if this works for anyone with normal lashes but it has helped to speed along my baby lashes in their growth. Hope this review helped! I have really been enjoying this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a very decent drugstore mascara. It reminds me of Benefit Bad Gal Lash, the brush is very similar and they both have a wet formula that turns dry very fast. Gives natural looking volume and some length, nothing crazy. Good every day mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, i got the waterproof version of this mascara. it dried out VERY quickly. so i tossed it.

And i decided to give the non-waterproof one a try. IT was awesome, it gives me natural looking lashes and volume. i really liked it. the brush is thick and gives volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros
-doesn't make my eyes sting
-doesn't flake
-my lashes still feel soft when I remove it

Cons
-no real volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara, and curse the fact I'm not popping into major US cities enough to stock up on my drugstore HGs; one of these is the Neutrogena Healthy Volume Carbon Black. For a Canadian with no access to the discontinued (here) Maybelline Full n Soft (my HG), this is a very close second for me. I think the two are definitely wholly comparable, though the Neutrogena edges out Maybelline on the colour front (Carbon Black beats Very Black, everytime.) I still prefer the formula of the Maybelline (a bit more wet) and the greater control I have with the smaller F&S wand.

I think it's impossible for me to review the Neutrogena Healthy Volume (HV), without also comparing it my beloved F&S. Truthfully, I would've bought the F&S on my last trip to Chicago, but the Walgreen's I popped into for my bottle of wine, did not carry F&S. A full Maybelline display with no F&S?! My heart sank; but I'd previously tried HV and knew the two were comparable, so I picked up two packs of the HV - enough to carry me through to my next crossborder trip.

This mascara is as beautiful as I remembered. A gorgeous rich black formula, that manages to hold a curl. It's a great option for very natural lashes; I personally hate a wiry, plastic wand so that's one thing it's got going for it versus, say, CG Natureluxe (similar effect, crappy brush.) However, the brush is huge - I think it's fine and workable if you have a larger or longer eye, but I could see those with smaller eyes finding the wand annoying - the fuzzy part is big and round. I also find the the formula is a wee bit drier than F&S. The colour also works better with me, especially when I tend to search for the richest black liner I can find. The CB colour is a CB; not a greyed-black cop-out.

It's one of those things I'd say would be a great subsititute for F&S, but given Neutrogena doesn't sell it's makeup line in Canadian stores (dammit) and F&S is discontinued here (double dammit) neither of these are really substitutes for one another in Canadaland where neither is sold. But given that I didn't find F&S at this particular Walgreen's, I'm perfectly thrilled that I managed to find and walk away with HV. Will definitely stock up the next time I'm in the US.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

I think this product is pretty decent. I love the brush and I was able to get my bottom lashes without any clumps. I'll update if I decide it's not worth the $$.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

Excellent Product. This mascara is dry, but dry in a good way. When applying, only a thin amount is put onto lashes. No globs, no clumps, no spidery looking wet lashes. I bought the black brown, and it is dark enough for me (I usually wear dark brown or navy blue...I find jet black too harsh and fake looking). I have somewhat sensitive eyes, and I have had NO burning, no flaking, no excessive smudes or flakes and at the end of the day, it comes right off when I wash my face. My lashes look full, healthy, feathery with natural volume. I honestly have NO idea where Neutrogena came up with the 400% volume sales pitch, but if you want believable volume and great looking, natural lashes...THIS is the mascara for you!!! A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I bought this on a whim because of the olive oil component. The mascara I was using previously was Maybelline's Colossal Cat Eyes. It wasn't that great, and the want actually broke off of the handle and I couldn't get it to stay on again.

Anyway, this mascara I had high hopes for. The whole 400% thicker thing really suckered me in. I used this this morning, and I was so disappointed. I love a dryer formula when it comes to mascara, but this formula is TOO dry. It's so hard to get it to stick to my lashes. I have to put on coat after coat to see results. I put 5 on this morning and they still didn't look all that awesome. It made my long lashes look pretty short and sparse.

Any mascara that needs more than 2 coats, isn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

spider city bitch, spider spider city bitch. spider city bitch, spider spider city bitch.

yep. those are some makeshift lyrics i made up about this mascara. formula is WAYYYY too waxy. beeswax is one of the main ingredients and it shows. makes lashes spidery, crunchy and fake looking......and this is after one coat. i did two just for shits and gigs because i knew i'd be returning it and it made it look AWFUL! i couldnt even keep this mascara for one whole day. back to the store it went.
FYI i have very long, dark lashes. my concern is volume - and this said it would give volume and i bought it initially for the good reviews and the "natural" aspect (olive oil, etc). well....dont bother. didnt work for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I randomly picked this mascara up at Target a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. I've been looking for an everyday mascara - something to enhance my long, but thin eyelashes without being over the top. This does what it says it's going to - gives me "healthy" volume without making me look like a crazy eyelash lady.