December 18, 2014 | 1784 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ForTheMemories

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have red acne scars on my cheeks as well as white scars that are slightly indented on my forehead from a car accident. This product seemed to amplify the redness of my acne scars and fill in and amplify the scars on my forhead. I do not recommend this product for people with scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by gracep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe the bad reviews of this product. I've been using it for like 4-5 years and I love it so much. I'm REALLY hoping it hasn't been discontinued as some people have suggested on here, because I am going to be in a whole lot of trouble if it has been. At the moment I already have 3 jars or something, but it's so good. Reviewers mostly have the same problems: cakiness, difficulty applying, and the like. I'll share what I do because I get compliments on my makeup and also because when I first got the product, it took experimentation for me.

1) Mix some of the product with a bit of moisturiser. I use oil-free sensitive stuff, but any that suits your skin would probably work (when I first started using this foundation, I put the moisturiser without any power in it on the skin and then brushed the powder on. Don't do that, because doing it this way works better)

2) Dab your brush into the mixture of moisturiser with foundation (don't use the brush provided--I used to do that and it's too small and short to work well. Use a large blush brush, a kabuki brush, or the great airbrush brush by Physicians Formula) and spread the product over your face (also your neck if you want/need to)

3) Rub the product in with the brush, and when that's been done and it's absorbed into the skin, either rub the brush dry with a towel or get another brush. Pour a little bit of powder on a piece of paper and dab the brush in that, then tap it off. Go over your face to build the coverage as much as you need.

4) Apply the rest of your makeup (don't worry--I don't use waterproof mascara and the next step doesn't make it run or smudge)

5) With your hair covered with a towel, hold a can of spray water (I use Avene. Evian also makes one, and a few years ago I also found a spray bottle of water worked) as far away as possible and evenly mist your face. Allow it to dry.

No cakey makeup, no crappy application! It works every time for me. The downside to this product is that it has bismuth, which I've heard is not good for you. I don't really know much about that, and this has been a pretty important product for me, so for now, I'm just going to ignore that. Also, be careful with traveling if you don't keep the plug that comes with the product, because if the lid slips off (and I'm pretty sure it has for me before), you will have a huge mess on your hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't find this anymore :( All I see now is the Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup, which does not work for me!

This didn't cover EVERYTHING...but gave good enough coverage for me, and looked very natural :) It's pink undertoned, but blended so well! I have yellow/olive undertones and this still worked for me. Breakouts weren't a problem w/ this, and it really controlled my oily skin :) This lasted a very long time, I didn't have to reapply! A little really goes a long way too...the price is kind of high imo, but not a lot of powder is needed so it lasts for a good while!

The only things I didn't like were that it's pink undertoned. It does blend well...but I can't put on as much, or else the color will be too off. The brush isn't useful, & I didn't love the packaging. Still a great foundation though!

I would for sure by this again! If I could find it again...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice light/medium coverage mineral foundation. I don't have particularly troublesome skin, so the coverage is perfect for me. I use it everyday to set my concealer and buff into my t-zone. If I feel like the extra effort I apply over my cheeks as well, and it does a good job at neutralizing any slight unevenness without looking like I'm even wearing makeup.
If I wear foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte), I use this over the top as a setting powder: it not only sets the foundation, but provides just an extra layer of coverage and really does make my skin look flawless WITHOUT looking cakey at all.

The only con, as others have mentioned, (and yes, it is big enough that I've taken a lippy off my rating) is the packaging. The brush is way too small to be functional, not particularly soft, and sheds. I still use it when I don't have anything else, but it's not ideal. My lid cracked a while ago(I don't know why - I haven't dropped it or anything) and so I have to be very careful when screwing it shut, so that's also annoying.

I'm probably not going to repurchase (have a feeling it's being discontinued anyway), but that doesn't mean I don't like this foundation - I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by KayDrifter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, acne prone skin and like most people are looking for 'THE' foundation to help conceal the acne whilst looking natural. I came across this foundation on a discount make up website and paid £2.99 for it. I brought it in the fair shade. Not expecting much, i was delighted when i tried it and found i could build up very good coverage without it looking cakey. Like others have said, the packaging is the only flaw but for the price i was well pleased. I'm just gutted that it's discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

the packaging is cute, like its so little with a little pop out brush. this foundation is okay, it doesnt last all day if you use it alone, but has good coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided I wanted to try a mineral powder foundation, since it's all the craze these days, and picked this up at Rite Aid. I've worn it a few times, trying to like it, but I just couldn't. The packaging is horrible... though it is nice that they included a brush, it's about as useful as tits on a boar hog. The sifter was a pain in the rear, because while it definitely didn't let any product spill out, it wouldn't let any product out at all. It does have good coverage on my skin, but it looked extremely chalky and dull. Furthermore, it itched like the dickens. Nothing about this product felt good. This is one of the few makeup items I really, really regret buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by chlohoe

i thought this was discontinuded for the aqua version? whatever.
i got mine on special for 4 dollars, not the usual 12. (usa, holiday)
i dont use it alone, just as a liquid foundation setter.
(too scared too use a power foundation alone......)
its pretty good, spf 10 is one of the main resons i bought it, besides the price.
it sets foundation pretty good, keeps oil at bay ect.
i just hate the packaging for resons ever other reviwer has stated.
if it was in a better packaging it would be a four, and i would buy again, but sorry revlon, this doesnt cut it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

This is the first mineral cosmetics I have, and was the last. I hated it. It does not give a good coverage, and yet makes my face looking very made up and chalky. The cosmetic product also smells very weird, and I was not able to use the brush that is given to pick up the product well. Although i used my own brush, it always picked up too much of the product, as the powder is quite dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by GemmaRose150

Blended really well and looks nice. I prefer it to the L'Oreal mineral foundation.
Like everyone else has said, the packaging is 10 different kinds of poo. I've put my product into an old LUSH moisturiser container and it's doing the job nicely. I haven't bothered with the brush that comes with the product,but I've been using my elf powder brush to apply it and that does a great job.
I've managed to find a place where I can get this for $20NZ, which is really cheap for a Revlon foundation here.
So long as this doesn't break me out (I've switched to it from liquid foundation in the hope it will help to clear up my acne) I'll repurchase.