September 18, 2014 | 1879 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice light/medium coverage mineral foundation. I don't have particularly troublesome skin, so the coverage is perfect for me. I use it everyday to set my concealer and buff into my t-zone. If I feel like the extra effort I apply over my cheeks as well, and it does a good job at neutralizing any slight unevenness without looking like I'm even wearing makeup.
If I wear foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte), I use this over the top as a setting powder: it not only sets the foundation, but provides just an extra layer of coverage and really does make my skin look flawless WITHOUT looking cakey at all.

The only con, as others have mentioned, (and yes, it is big enough that I've taken a lippy off my rating) is the packaging. The brush is way too small to be functional, not particularly soft, and sheds. I still use it when I don't have anything else, but it's not ideal. My lid cracked a while ago(I don't know why - I haven't dropped it or anything) and so I have to be very careful when screwing it shut, so that's also annoying.

I'm probably not going to repurchase (have a feeling it's being discontinued anyway), but that doesn't mean I don't like this foundation - I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by KayDrifter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, acne prone skin and like most people are looking for 'THE' foundation to help conceal the acne whilst looking natural. I came across this foundation on a discount make up website and paid £2.99 for it. I brought it in the fair shade. Not expecting much, i was delighted when i tried it and found i could build up very good coverage without it looking cakey. Like others have said, the packaging is the only flaw but for the price i was well pleased. I'm just gutted that it's discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

the packaging is cute, like its so little with a little pop out brush. this foundation is okay, it doesnt last all day if you use it alone, but has good coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided I wanted to try a mineral powder foundation, since it's all the craze these days, and picked this up at Rite Aid. I've worn it a few times, trying to like it, but I just couldn't. The packaging is horrible... though it is nice that they included a brush, it's about as useful as tits on a boar hog. The sifter was a pain in the rear, because while it definitely didn't let any product spill out, it wouldn't let any product out at all. It does have good coverage on my skin, but it looked extremely chalky and dull. Furthermore, it itched like the dickens. Nothing about this product felt good. This is one of the few makeup items I really, really regret buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by chlohoe

i thought this was discontinuded for the aqua version? whatever.
i got mine on special for 4 dollars, not the usual 12. (usa, holiday)
i dont use it alone, just as a liquid foundation setter.
(too scared too use a power foundation alone......)
its pretty good, spf 10 is one of the main resons i bought it, besides the price.
it sets foundation pretty good, keeps oil at bay ect.
i just hate the packaging for resons ever other reviwer has stated.
if it was in a better packaging it would be a four, and i would buy again, but sorry revlon, this doesnt cut it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

This is the first mineral cosmetics I have, and was the last. I hated it. It does not give a good coverage, and yet makes my face looking very made up and chalky. The cosmetic product also smells very weird, and I was not able to use the brush that is given to pick up the product well. Although i used my own brush, it always picked up too much of the product, as the powder is quite dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by GemmaRose150

Blended really well and looks nice. I prefer it to the L'Oreal mineral foundation.
Like everyone else has said, the packaging is 10 different kinds of poo. I've put my product into an old LUSH moisturiser container and it's doing the job nicely. I haven't bothered with the brush that comes with the product,but I've been using my elf powder brush to apply it and that does a great job.
I've managed to find a place where I can get this for $20NZ, which is really cheap for a Revlon foundation here.
So long as this doesn't break me out (I've switched to it from liquid foundation in the hope it will help to clear up my acne) I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I generally use it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation, but will definately use it alone in the summer. It has been 75% off at CVS for weeks in my area and I have dozens of $1 off Revlon coupons, so I'm only paying $2 for these.

The packaging is totally useless, but I just bought a cheap Coty powder, dumped it and mix my Colorstay in this container. The Deep is just a smidge too dark and red and the med-deep is a little light, but when I mix them together with 1/2 a container of medium, I have the perfect shade for me in the winter. I'll use a blend of medium deep and deep for the summer.

I have bought out my 6 of my local CVS since these are discontinued, but honestly, I have enough now to mix the perfect foundation for a couple of years! Be sure to thoroughly moisturize your skin before using and you shouldn't have any 'chalky' or 'cakey' results.

Love, love LOVE this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I DESPISE this product! No matter how little you put on, it always looks cakey! Not to mention the packaging sucks! The container makes it difficult to use any other brush but the brush that comes with it sucks! It sheds like CRAZY. Thank goodness I got this 75% off even though it wasn't even worth that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For starters, I think the thing that drew me to this was the 75% off at CVS. I thought the packaging was cute, and definitely a clever concept. However, when it came to actually using this product, it was a complete pain. I had to push the dinky little brush into the holes to get some sort of product on it. After a few uses I just gave up and shook the entire thing, only to have a bunch of powder all over the brush and the inside container space. But hey, it worked. I ended up using a different brush, because who is really going to cover their entire face with such a small brush. I love the results, I really do. My face looks nice and evenly toned. Not overwhelming and cakey. I have it in the Light Medium color and it basically looks the same on my face (maybe a tad bit lighter) as it does in the packing. Overall, a great product. Especially with the great discount.