July 31, 2014 | 1002 users online

Sunscreen - Desert Essence - Age Reversal Pomegranate Mineral Sunscreen

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the voice of negativity here, but this product just didn't work for me. I like the ingredients list and the tube packaging, but the sunblock itself was just too heavy and too whitish for my skin. (I'm pale, but not *that* pale, and I'm oily.) It might work better for drier complexions. I've ended up using it on my neck and chest, since those areas aren't as demanding!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by joeyd

This is the closest to an HG sunscreen I've found so far. It offers great protection, even through extreme activity. It blends in nicely. And I think it actually makes my skin lighter ( a good thing)
Update - still love this but now I love UV natural spf 30 a little more

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by vms1

ok ladies, ive spent the last few years shopping, buying, trying every natural, organic, good for you, products out there. I have had a very hard time finding suncreens that are natural, gentle, non pore clogging, non GREASY. My skin is sensitive, acne prone, and worst of all approaching 40. This sunscreen is matte, a little white when you first put it on but it seemed to fade a little, non greasy, Ive only had it on today so ill update you later, The only thing i can say so far is i do feel it on my face. Oh by the way it has Pomegranite, and lots of other antioxidants!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an organic daily sunscreen and came across this product at the Vitamin Shoppe. It applies with a whitish cast, which does disappear after a few minutes. It's a great base for mineral cosmetics, and I have noticed my skin looking a lot better, especially around my eyes where I was getting "tired" looking. It is not sufficient as a moisturizer by itself in the winter-time, but is excellent for spring/summer. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LAParent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good all-mineral sunscreen that reminds me of June Jacobs Micronized Sheer SPF 30, but without the high price tag. Bit of a white cast, but you get that with all mineral sunscreens at this concentration, and you can always put some powder over it. I got this at Whole Foods and I'm pleased I found an all-mineral sunscreen that is cheap enough to use on my body!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sugarplum71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been looking for a natural organic sunscreen with zinc oxide that I can use on a daily basis as a moisturiser.

I last tried Lavera's anti-aging sunscreen which I quite like, but find it's very tacky and makes my face feel oily. So I decided to try Desert Essence's Age Reversal Pomegranate Mineral Sunscreen and I'm very happy that I did.

It's very thick, but dries to a much more matte, dry-touch finish than the lavera one which is great. It's also got higher spf of 30 which is important as I use retin-a and live in the tropics. The product does tend to separate a bit, so sometimes I'll squeeze it and oil will come out, so must give it a bit of a shake beforehand. It will also leave a slight whitish tint but I'm ok with that. Highly recommended.

Ingredients: Microfine Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide (most effective sunblock ingredients around). Other ingredients: aqueos infusion of certified organic extracts: Camellia Sinensis (green tea) Leaf, cucumis sativus (cucumber) ruit, aloe barbedensis leat and punica granatum (pomegranate), organic vegetable, glycerin, cyclomethicone, caprylic/capric Triglyceride, cetearyl, alcohol, glycerylstearate, xanthan gum d-alpha tocopherol (vitaminE), vitis vinifera (grape) Seed, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10) sodium Ascorbyl phosphate 9vitamin C) sanatalum album sandalwood) essential oil, certified organic citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot frut oil, phenoxyethanol, 1,2-octanediol.

Free Of wheat, gluten, parabens, soidum laury, laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances, colors, EDTA, glycol or pet4roleum-based ingredients, cruelty, biodegradable, animal testing raw materials or finished product, phosphates.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No