Desert Essence Age Reversal Pomegranate Mineral Sunscreen

3.7

Not tested on animals

NEW FORMULA 2012: NOW WITHOUT phenoxyethanol. Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide (15%) Inactive Ingredients: Ethyl Palmate*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Sorbitan Olivate (Olive), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Beeswax (Cera Alba)*, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile), Punica Granatum Extract (Pomegranate)*, Punica Granatum Fruit Juice (Pomegranate), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Glycerin (Palm), Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Maltodextrin, Silica. * Certified Organic

on 5/29/2009 12:53:00 PM

This is the closest to an HG sunscreen I've found so far. It offers great protection, even through extreme activity. It blends in nicely. And I think it actually makes my skin lighter ( a good thing)
Update - still love this but now I love UV natural spf 30 a little more

on 4/2/2009 3:14:00 PM

ok ladies, ive spent the last few years shopping, buying, trying every natural, organic, good for you, products out there. I have had a very hard time finding suncreens that are natural, gentle, non pore clogging, non GREASY. My skin is sensitive, acne prone, and worst of all approaching 40. This sunscreen is matte, a little white when you first put it on but it seemed to fade a little, non greasy, Ive only had it on today so ill update you later, The only thing i can say so far is i do feel it on my face. Oh by the way it has Pomegranite, and lots of other antioxidants!

on 12/12/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for an organic daily sunscreen and came across this product at the Vitamin Shoppe. It applies with a whitish cast, which does disappear after a few minutes. It's a great base for mineral cosmetics, and I have noticed my skin looking a lot better, especially around my eyes where I was getting "tired" looking. It is not sufficient as a moisturizer by itself in the winter-time, but is excellent for spring/summer. I would buy this product again.

on 11/16/2008 11:58:00 PM

This is a good all-mineral sunscreen that reminds me of June Jacobs Micronized Sheer SPF 30, but without the high price tag. Bit of a white cast, but you get that with all mineral sunscreens at this concentration, and you can always put some powder over it. I got this at Whole Foods and I'm pleased I found an all-mineral sunscreen that is cheap enough to use on my body!

on 1/1/2008 9:27:00 PM

I've been looking for a natural organic sunscreen with zinc oxide that I can use on a daily basis as a moisturiser.

I last tried Lavera's anti-aging sunscreen which I quite like, but find it's very tacky and makes my face feel oily. So I decided to try Desert Essence's Age Reversal Pomegranate Mineral Sunscreen and I'm very happy that I did.

It's very thick, but dries to a much more matte, dry-touch finish than the lavera one which is great. It's also got higher spf of 30 which is important as I use retin-a and live in the tropics. The product does tend to separate a bit, so sometimes I'll squeeze it and oil will come out, so must give it a bit of a shake beforehand. It will also leave a slight whitish tint but I'm ok with that. Highly recommended.

Ingredients: Microfine Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide (most effective sunblock ingredients around). Other ingredients: aqueos infusion of certified organic extracts: Camellia Sinensis (green tea) Leaf, cucumis sativus (cucumber) ruit, aloe barbedensis leat and punica granatum (pomegranate), organic vegetable, glycerin, cyclomethicone, caprylic/capric Triglyceride, cetearyl, alcohol, glycerylstearate, xanthan gum d-alpha tocopherol (vitaminE), vitis vinifera (grape) Seed, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10) sodium Ascorbyl phosphate 9vitamin C) sanatalum album sandalwood) essential oil, certified organic citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot frut oil, phenoxyethanol, 1,2-octanediol.

Free Of wheat, gluten, parabens, soidum laury, laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances, colors, EDTA, glycol or pet4roleum-based ingredients, cruelty, biodegradable, animal testing raw materials or finished product, phosphates.