November 27, 2014 | 1283 users online

Toners - Boots - Face rosewater toner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wonder why this product doesn't get more popular. If the ingredient list is correct. It's 100% organic rose water with added calming fragrance. I find it great for calming, refreshing my skin and balance out the sebum secretion. It'd be better if it comes in a spray bottle, but it's not much of a trouble. This toner is not very cheap, but it's great value. I've used many drugstore toners from Neotrogena, L'oreal, Dove and they all feel like plain water filled with hundreds of preservatives and leave an oily, dirty residue on my face. I was looking for the alternative to ACV (this works wonders, but I certainly don't want to smell like stinky feet).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by megsn107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this stuff. Got this a few weeks ago at target and caught it while it was on sale for around $5. It says on the back of bottle it is best suited for "dry,fair skin" which I am both btw. In the time I have used this my skin has never looked better. I use this along with my New HG moisturizer (Mario bedescu ginseng moist cream) and it works great. Although I would not use it solely after cleansing because it can make skin feel a bit tight, not necessarily drying but I'd definitely use a moisturizer after. The smell is amazing but doesn't last on your skin for long.Not as strong as other rose water toners I've smelled. I have a small spray bottle i carry around in my purse filled with the stuff & spray on my makeup to give me a pick me up as well through out the day. But for the price and the effective ness of it there's no reason NOT to pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by dancermomof1

I love the scent of this product. It works very well for sensitive skin. I noticed an improvement in my pores after sing this for about a month. The price is affordable and quality superb. I recommend to anyone with sensitive skin or combination skin. It has worked well for me and I will contine to use this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Owluscious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this toner. It was recommended to me by my mom. Fortunately for her, she has the eyes of a hawk so if she recommends any product, I'll believe her.

For anyone dislikes the product, GIVE IT TO ME! I'll gladly take it from you! This product does as said: gently cleanses (removes the last bits of makeup off), refreshes, soothes, and tones.
It smells wonderful and very gentle.
I only use a toner at night to help remove makeup and to refresh the face before going to sleep. As long as you have your pillowcase changed weekly, there's no need for it since sleep is your morning toner!
I will probably alternate this toner with a lemon juice toner every other day to help even my skin tone even further.

I've had this product for about a month, and I would highly recommend it for people with sensitive skin. I will definitely repurchase this toner again when I've used mine all up.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells gorgeous. I really find it therapeutic. For me it's not a heavy astingent toner that will take off deep down dirt. It will take off left over makeup. I use this in the morning to prep my skin before my moisturizer. It's simple, but it does serve a purpose.
UPDATE: finished the bottle and replaced it w/ Boots Toning lotion the one w/ clay in it. My skin is oily right now so I thought I would change it up a little. Still love this toner though and will come back to it. 1/2013

update 7/14 - major bummer, the bottle is now a spray and in this case it works like an entirely different product then the bottle form. It takes about 12 sprays to absorb a cotton square. So not thrilled and won't re-purchase. From 4 stars to 2.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by PreRaphaelite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff! I had read good things about rosewater but the glycerin in this completely negates all of the good points about rosewater. My skin feels really sticky and greasy. I purchased a bottle for less than 3 from my local boots and I have only used it twice. It doesn't sink in, it makes my other products behave very strangely (coconut oil on top of this is like an oil slick and is very uncomfortable, whereas before it was light and calming). This is going down the sink and I'm going to see if I can get pure rosewater.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly initial review, I've only had this product about a week now but so far so good :)
I didn't purchase it to use as an actual "toner", like with a cotton ball, after cleansing (I already have my washing/toning routine down pat, not looking to change it right now) but want to use this as a makeup setting spray. It doesn't come in a spray bottle, but it's easily decanted into one. Target has them for a buck ;) -which is also where I found this, for just under $9 which is not a bad price considering what C.O.Bigelow & other companies sell their rosewater toners for. The Burt's Bees RoseWater Toner(which was also avail.@my Target) was $11, &the last time I purchased C.O.Bigelow's (more than 5yrs ago @ B&BW) I remember it being more than $15!
Since I'd used the C.O.Bigelow one in the past I know that my acne-prone skin doesn't have a sensitivity to rose water, the only reason I quit repurchasing that one was because they quit selling their Rose Cold Cream & entire skincare line for oily skin (which were HG products of mine 8+yrs ago) & I swore once I finished up all of the C.O.Bigelow products that I owned, that I was never purchasing another. And I haven't.
So after noticeing Target had this for a reasonable price, I came home & checked out the reviews (right here on MUA ;D) &with a lot of positive things being said about this working just as well or better than MAC's FIX+ makeup spray, I had to give it a go too!
I've recently switched from heavy full-coverage liquid foundations to lighter weight liquids, BB Creams, & powders. I noticed with a couple of my powder fndtns that I get a "powdery" look along with them & remembered reading raves for Fix+ to fix this problem. But I don't have a local MAC counter in my area & also don't care to spend upwards of $20 for a product that may or may not work (MAC stuff has always been very hit or miss for me..) So all week I used this to set my powder makeup & have been very impressed! It definately takes away that "just applied powder" look from my skin and I'm hoping it will aid with flakies when the colder weater rolls around (like my old rosewater toner used to ;D)
Overall I highly reccomend this. Even if you're looking to use it as a facial toner it probably won't do you any harm :) Not to mention it smells divine! If I didn't love it so much for my face I'd probably just spritz it around my house Lol ;D
5 lippies all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by jenniferyl

I absolutely love this product although im not so fan of its packaging so i decided to purchase a spray bottle ($0.99) along with this rose water toner at target! i spray it before and after my make up to prep and set everything and it does wonders. sometimes the rose fragrance could be a little strong but i can deal with it. i usually use MAC fix+ to set my makeup because i have really oily skin and this is even better then fix+ in my opinion. i will definitely repurchase and recommend this product to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I LOVE this stuff! It makes an excellent gentle toner, that doesn't strip your skin, yet doesn't leave it filmy either. It smells amazing, and I can rest at ease knowing that the scent is completely natural, from Damask Rose oil, no fragrance added! This product is 100% completely organic. And it does what it says; soothes and tones. The price isn't sky high either. I found mine in the natural skincare section in Target. WILL be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

People could always smell rosewater on me after use used it, but I only smell the alcohol! A bit harsh for my skin, stings a little when used and broke me out. Not getting it again.