April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Toners - Boots - Face rosewater toner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Owluscious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this toner. It was recommended to me by my mom. Fortunately for her, she has the eyes of a hawk so if she recommends any product, I'll believe her.

For anyone dislikes the product, GIVE IT TO ME! I'll gladly take it from you! This product does as said: gently cleanses (removes the last bits of makeup off), refreshes, soothes, and tones.
It smells wonderful and very gentle.
I only use a toner at night to help remove makeup and to refresh the face before going to sleep. As long as you have your pillowcase changed weekly, there's no need for it since sleep is your morning toner!
I will probably alternate this toner with a lemon juice toner every other day to help even my skin tone even further.

I've had this product for about a month, and I would highly recommend it for people with sensitive skin. I will definitely repurchase this toner again when I've used mine all up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells gorgeous. I really find it therapeutic. For me it's not a heavy astingent toner that will take off deep down dirt. It will take off left over makeup. I use this in the morning to prep my skin before my moisturizer. It's simple, but it does serve a purpose.
UPDATE: finished the bottle and replaced it w/ Boots Toning lotion the one w/ clay in it. My skin is oily right now so I thought I would change it up a little. Still love this toner though and will come back to it. 1/2013

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by PreRaphaelite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff! I had read good things about rosewater but the glycerin in this completely negates all of the good points about rosewater. My skin feels really sticky and greasy. I purchased a bottle for less than 3 from my local boots and I have only used it twice. It doesn't sink in, it makes my other products behave very strangely (coconut oil on top of this is like an oil slick and is very uncomfortable, whereas before it was light and calming). This is going down the sink and I'm going to see if I can get pure rosewater.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly initial review, I've only had this product about a week now but so far so good :)
I didn't purchase it to use as an actual "toner", like with a cotton ball, after cleansing (I already have my washing/toning routine down pat, not looking to change it right now) but want to use this as a makeup setting spray. It doesn't come in a spray bottle, but it's easily decanted into one. Target has them for a buck ;) -which is also where I found this, for just under $9 which is not a bad price considering what C.O.Bigelow & other companies sell their rosewater toners for. The Burt's Bees RoseWater Toner(which was also avail.@my Target) was $11, &the last time I purchased C.O.Bigelow's (more than 5yrs ago @ B&BW) I remember it being more than $15!
Since I'd used the C.O.Bigelow one in the past I know that my acne-prone skin doesn't have a sensitivity to rose water, the only reason I quit repurchasing that one was because they quit selling their Rose Cold Cream & entire skincare line for oily skin (which were HG products of mine 8+yrs ago) & I swore once I finished up all of the C.O.Bigelow products that I owned, that I was never purchasing another. And I haven't.
So after noticeing Target had this for a reasonable price, I came home & checked out the reviews (right here on MUA ;D) &with a lot of positive things being said about this working just as well or better than MAC's FIX+ makeup spray, I had to give it a go too!
I've recently switched from heavy full-coverage liquid foundations to lighter weight liquids, BB Creams, & powders. I noticed with a couple of my powder fndtns that I get a "powdery" look along with them & remembered reading raves for Fix+ to fix this problem. But I don't have a local MAC counter in my area & also don't care to spend upwards of $20 for a product that may or may not work (MAC stuff has always been very hit or miss for me..) So all week I used this to set my powder makeup & have been very impressed! It definately takes away that "just applied powder" look from my skin and I'm hoping it will aid with flakies when the colder weater rolls around (like my old rosewater toner used to ;D)
Overall I highly reccomend this. Even if you're looking to use it as a facial toner it probably won't do you any harm :) Not to mention it smells divine! If I didn't love it so much for my face I'd probably just spritz it around my house Lol ;D
5 lippies all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by jenniferyl

I absolutely love this product although im not so fan of its packaging so i decided to purchase a spray bottle ($0.99) along with this rose water toner at target! i spray it before and after my make up to prep and set everything and it does wonders. sometimes the rose fragrance could be a little strong but i can deal with it. i usually use MAC fix+ to set my makeup because i have really oily skin and this is even better then fix+ in my opinion. i will definitely repurchase and recommend this product to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I LOVE this stuff! It makes an excellent gentle toner, that doesn't strip your skin, yet doesn't leave it filmy either. It smells amazing, and I can rest at ease knowing that the scent is completely natural, from Damask Rose oil, no fragrance added! This product is 100% completely organic. And it does what it says; soothes and tones. The price isn't sky high either. I found mine in the natural skincare section in Target. WILL be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

People could always smell rosewater on me after use used it, but I only smell the alcohol! A bit harsh for my skin, stings a little when used and broke me out. Not getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Metamorpha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this recently and immediately fell in love. I added this and the organic face balm to my daily routine. I like to use the toner after cleansing and to freshen up throughout the day as needed. I use the Olay Pro-X cleansing brush so my skin gets pretty clean, but I like this toner because it feels like it balances my skin back out after cleansing. Sometimes I use the toner to freshen up so that I don't wash my face more than twice a day and over dry it. I also sometimes use it to set makeup or scent my hair after styling.

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Citronellol

SKIN DEEP SCORE:
2 (low health concern)

PROS
-Smells great! Like a bouquet of roses!
-Light on the skin. Not sticky or greasy. Sinks right in and feels natural
-Gentle, unlike most 'toners'
-Non drying, even a bit moisturizing thanks to the glycerin.
-Improved oil levels. Seems to balance them out.
-Complexion has improved overall. Gives my skin a natural blush!
-Natural ingredients
-Seems to reduce redness

CONS
-Would prefer a spray bottle, but that's easy to fix.

NEUTRAL
-Price. I think it's worth it, but others may feel it's a bit expensive. I paid I think $8 at Target.

Overall I think this toner is great for calming the skin and improving complexion and leveling out oily/dryness. I don't suggest it if you are looking for something to remove makeup. It works for gently freshening up any oiliness that occurs naturally during the day but not to remove heavy product/makeup. If your cleansing method doesn't get your skin clean, look at a better cleanser but don't blame this great toner! It would also be great for sensitive and acne prone skin because it's very gentle and reduces redness.

Also, another reviewer gave a negative review because they can buy rosewater locally for cheaper, but I feel that is an unfair review. This isn't JUST rosewater, for one thing. There are lots of rosewaters out there that are cheaper and more expensive than this, it's really more about what works for you. I don't have access to cheaper rosewater in my area. Target is convenient and the price is good, so I am happy.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am almost done with the first bottle so I bought another one. My skin just soaks this up, especially in the winter. It's the most gentle toner I've ever used. It never burns or stings skin. I've tested it on very dry and red skin, and it still didn't make it worse. Rose is a natural antiseptic for skin and it also reduces redness. This smells like roses, but it's not overwhelming when you're applying it. Skin just feels smooth and silky. It's a great toner for dry skin. I think this is the only rosewater available to most people since it's sold at Target nationwide. It used to be only health food stores that carried it or you had to make your own. Boots Botanics has a lot of fantastic products for the price, and this is no exception for $8 a bottle. Update: Sadly, they have decided to change packaging and put this into a spray bottle as more of a refresher than an actual toner. It's about the same price though. I won't stop buying it, but there have been complaints in the UK that many Botanics formulas were changed or altered.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by styledriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this with several other burts bees products and it ended up being returned. It had a nice smell, but it didn't seem to do much for me. I ended up breaking out badly after I used all the products for a month.