November 26, 2014 | 1383 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless tanning in medium light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

As far as self tanners go this is probably the nicest one I've discovered. People actually believe that my tan is real - it doesnt go orange on me at all but turns a nice brown that actually matches the way my skin tans naturally. It isnt streaky as you can see where its going on and it dries in just a few minutes. I've bought these in bulk already for spring to get started on a base tan - a great product. The only thing that is a slight downfall is the smell, which when you're sleeping or something can get pretty irritating but I find that adding a few drops of a scent into the bottle seems to neutralize it a bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by faith2006

barely tanned me at all and the color I got was orangy. also smells bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by shymango

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff smells worse then the Jergens stuff.. I am having trouble baring with it.. I dont know the results of the color yet because I just applied it so I will come back with an update.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by howlmoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. Plain and simple. The version I bought also read: "tinted lotion" on the tube. Got it at Target for a great price. I am fair skinned and really like the natural looking tan. My secret: I alternate between Neutrogena's build a tan and then Banana boat's "summer color sunless tinted lotion, self adjusting color for a natural looking tan." Sounds kind of funny, but my routine is to use Neutrogena's build a tan for 3 hours, shower then put on banana boat's light/medium sunless tanning for 3 hours. After that, I have such a great natural looking tan. Love it! Bye bye tanning beds! Bye bye accellerated wrinkles!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Pomlvr

*I was using L'oreal Sublime self tanner but it faded too fast and left me with horrible spotches all over my neck. Then I switched to Clarins which worked fine but was awfully expensive, especially after I lost my job.*

Not wanting to spend more than $10 on a self tanner I headed to Target and picked up Banana Boat in the light/medium shade. It was $6.99 and I was wondering if being so cheap = bad product. I finally decided just to get it and give it a try. I am sooo glad I did because it has given me the nicest brown natural looking tan and for the prize and size of the bottle, I can't believe it! The 2cd time I used it I got 2 compliments on my "tan". Will buy this again when I run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2005 1:24:00 AM More reviews by maria37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like the color at all. My mom kept telling me I look like a banana - it was literally yellow. It must have looked fake, although I liked it at first. I give it a 2 because of ease of application and tolerable smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The kind I have is a lotion. It is easy to apply and it dries quickly. It smells nice and not too strong. The color is decent. With two applications I have a light tan that looks natural. However, with three or more applications it can begin to look orange and streaky. Overall, this is nice but not perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 10:21:00 AM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for BB Vitaskin lt/med. I really love this stuff. Great smell, dries insanely fast (especially compared to Loreal) and is reasonably priced. I only gave 4 lippies because a) it fades very fast and b) it is hard to get good even color on my body because the lotion is on the thick side and if you use too much it gets bally. I mostly use on face and makes my skin super soft and no breakouts. Also great for my sensitive skin (with rosacea).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i would not buy this again because this barely gave me color. it did impart a soft glow to my skin though and dries quickly. if you are looking for a barely there color, then this is would be a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by toad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How good a self-tanner is really depends on your own skin tone. This one is perfect for my very pale, rosy undertone skin. It gives a light, natural color. The smell is a berry fragrance that mostly covers up the natural stank of the active ingredient. It's cheap, too. I like it.