Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After using this for awhile and then switching between Lorac's eye primer and Urban Decay's eye primer (forgot the name?), I've concluded that Shadow Insurance definitely delivers a crease-free look and my shadows stay put, even after I finish teaching a very sweaty Zumba workout! The only drawback is when you don't use it for a few days, the oil spurts out at first and it's such a waste. It doesn't help much if you shake it either...but I've been using small trial sizes that were included in a couple of eyeshadow palettes, and they've lasted for a long while - like 6+ months! I definitely recommend this!

on 6/25/2015 7:39:00 PM

Great, reliable eyeshadow primer. It sets to a slightly beige-toned dry finish and keeps my eyeshadow on all day. No mess, easy to apply, and doesn't irritate my eyelids.

The staying power is good but it makes my eyelids feel dry and itchy, I definitely prefer Urban decays potion.

on 6/13/2015 12:08:00 AM

This is a great primer for my oily lids, it is more tacky and thick than UDPP. It definitely helps my shadow go on evenly and last all day. Also, a little goes a long way so one tube lasts me about 6 months.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This performs exactly the same for me as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It keeps my eyeshadow on all day, and cost the same, and now that the UDPP is changing packaging to the awful doefoot applicators, I think I'll be buying this instead.

on 5/5/2015 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

love the packaging. love the product. holy holy holyyy grail eye primer!! I've repurchased three times already lol

on 4/24/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Very oily formula and dries cake-y. Didn't prolong my eyeshadow or prevent creases. www.romyangela.blogspot.co.uk

on 4/19/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Many people compare this and the Urban Decay Primer Potion, and I can see why. Both are great in terms of making eye makeup last throughout the day and really make the shadows' colour payoff better, but I prefer the primer potion, I'm not sure what ingredient is in the shadow insurance that causes some irritation to my really sensitive eyes. Nothing unbearable and I don't feel it when I'm actually wearing it, it is after I remove my eye makeup that my upper lash line gets a little reddish, dry and itchy. I initially thought it was my eye makeup remover, but when I use the same eye makeup remover to remove other eye primers, there were no issues. So if you have easily irritated eyes like I do, you might want to get a sample first to try out. I bought it without a second thought because I really love the packaging, and it is slightly cheaper as compared to the primer potion, they both really work the same. I do like this primer for being formulated without parabens (though it still does contain Talc.... can't really get the best of ALL worlds.....), unlike the primer potion which does contain a bunch of parabens.

Let me start by saying I have VERY oily lids. Like crazy oily. This stuff did nothing for me...:(

on 4/7/2015 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

An excellent primer to improve the longevity of eyeshadow, my only issue is it tends to dry my lids out a bit as soon as I apply it. UD primer potion dries my lids too, but so much more it actually causes irritation and bumps, which is why I prefer Shadow Insurance for daily use. Despite the instant drying effect, it doesn't make shadows crease. I pat the product on sparingly with fingers and let it sink in for a minute before applying shadow. It plays nice with both cream and powder formulas. I have not noticed it enhance the colour or vibrancy of the shadows, but it does keep them in place all day and doesn't make them difficult to blend.