October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lid primer. I'm still experimenting on which one works the best...but this one really is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my second favorite primer, behind urban decay. It's pretty good. But since they're similar price points I would go with the UD.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely fantastic! 5/5. Will never buy UDPP again! I do a lot of smokey eye looks and this keeps them flawless for 12+ hrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG for years!

I love the very soft, non-tacky, easy to manipulate texture of this product. It's perfect - staying power is seemingly infinite, it's easy to blend over, and comes in a narrow squeeze tube with a narrow tip, so it's easy to control. The only con is the price; the WnW Fergie primer rivals this one, so I will use that one as long as I can find it, but I do recommend TFSI for any who can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

Keeps shadow on all day, through heat and humidity! No crease or fading for 6+ hours. Personally I didn't find it to be any better or worse than UDPP, they both worked just fine on my eyelids. It does what it's supposed to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I gave this plenty of time before reviewing it. I compared it to Urban Decay Primer Potion, ELF's Glitter Glue, and the Lock and Seal for holding stuff in place. Now, no primer has been found to be a magic potion, but this works REALLY well. I like ELF's Glitter Glue as well for when it's not humid or very warm since it migrates slowly. I use TFSI for when it's humid and I want to keep some sort of color on my eyelids or for a cut crease. TFSI migrates a lot less, but creases after a while, about 6 hours.

I'll buy this again, and definitely try the glitter glue. I won't try UDPP again, it just didn't meld well with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is my favorite eye shadow primer and also my first eye shadow primer. I know about Urban Decay Primer Potion being just as good but I cannot say for sure since I haven't tried it. But with this primer, the staying power is awesome!
I have slightly oily eye lids and this primer keeps my eye lids crease-less all day and I never have a problem. Sometimes I go 8+ hours with my makeup and this primer makes my eye shadow look beautiful from 6 am to 6 pm and I usually never have to touch up my eyes (aside from a lil smudging from my eyeliner when I wear it).
My only tiny complaint is when I do my first shade. If I apply my shadow before the primer has really set then my brush tends to not slide as well but after that I have no problem. But it barely happens so I decided to not take a point off for that. Another thing is the packaging, I like being able to squeeze it out of a tube because I believe it is more hygienic then using a wand and dipping back into the primer every time.
I keep going back to this primer and I recommend this to all of my friends who are wondering what eye shadow primer to get. I think that to have a flawless canvas, you need to have a good primer and even if you have to spend a bit more, I think it is worth it because then your makeup will look better then without using one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE too faced, but this just didn't quite float my boat, for a high end primer coming from such an awesome brand? I was expecting more! the consistency was thin for one, and it didn't conceal any veins or redness on your eyelids alike the elf ones or benefits do. so yeah I won't buy again, I recommend something else, however its not the most terrible in the world, I do like the packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

Amazing product! I have been using it for a few years and I honestly don't know how I coped beforehand. Nowadays, I wouldn't even consider applying eyeshadow without it!

In my opinion, it is equivalent to Urban Decay Primer Potion. I use Too Faced because it is easier to get hold of in Australia.

PROS:
* Does what it says on the box. I have very oily eyelids, but when I use this, my eyeshadow stays put and does not crease or fade.
* Lasts for ages. I use it pretty much every day, and I apply it all over my lids from the lash line to the brow bone. I still don't seem to use up the product very quickly because you only need a small amount.

CONS:
* Quite pricey (AUD $26.95 at Kit Cosmetics).
* Does make eyeshadows a little more difficult to blend, especially matte shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I don't see the hype in this product. It's expensive and doesn't help my eyeshadow stay on. I love the chic packaging and Too Faced makes excellent products, but this is not one of them. The consistency of this product is thin and not creamy enough. If you want it to work, you have to apply loads of the product on your eyelids. I have oily Asian lids, which might be the issue, but this product doesn't work for me. I worked for five hours one night and all of my eyeshadow creased. I switched to a less expensive and incredible product, which is Wet N Wild's Fergie Take on the Day eyeshadow primer. It's only about $4, comes in a chic tube, and it's creamy. It really helps me keep my eyeshadow on and is much better than the Too Faced one.