Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Let me start by saying I have VERY oily lids. Like crazy oily. This stuff did nothing for me...:(

on 4/7/2015 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

An excellent primer to improve the longevity of eyeshadow, my only issue is it tends to dry my lids out a bit as soon as I apply it. UD primer potion dries my lids too, but so much more it actually causes irritation and bumps, which is why I prefer Shadow Insurance for daily use. Despite the instant drying effect, it doesn't make shadows crease. I pat the product on sparingly with fingers and let it sink in for a minute before applying shadow. It plays nice with both cream and powder formulas. I have not noticed it enhance the colour or vibrancy of the shadows, but it does keep them in place all day and doesn't make them difficult to blend.

I really wanted to like this. It goes on smooth, I love the feel, but it just didn't last. My oily skin defeated another primer...and the search goes on...

on 3/30/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My holy grail mid-end eye shadow primer! When used under a good-quality eye shadow, my eye makeup still looks great at the end of the day, which doesn't happen with any other primers I've used. Also, I said I would repurchase, but I don't know if I'll ever have to because the tube seems to be never ending.

on 3/21/2015 9:33:00 PM

Unfortunately did not last and my eye shadow creased within a few hours, I have oily lids and find Urban Decay primers work best for me

on 3/21/2015 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great product.

Keeps my eye shadow in place the longest and I have super oily eyelids.

!! Would buy it again

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've yet to find an eyeshadow primer that cooperates with my oily lids as well as this does. It blends really easily on the lids and ensures that my eyeshadow's lifespan will be extended to about 5-8hrs give or take. For some reason I find that this works best and is most effective when used in combination with Too Faced eyeshadows. But I only use TF palettes anyway, so it's not an issue. With regards to the product separating and producing oily residue, all it takes is giving the tube a little shake lol. What I do is hold it by the top and just shake it back and forth and the product goes back to being good as new. Will definitely be repurchasing this until I find something better.

I love this product! This was my second purchase of a primer specifically for eyes (a fairly ineffective Revlon product being the first) , and it's made a world of difference to the lifespan of my eye makeup. I either use my fingers or a concealer brush to apply the product - it is pretty much invisible once it dries. It makes a decent difference to the intensity of my eyeshadow and keeps everything in place for much longer than when I apply makeup straight onto bare skin.

I paid about $24 (from memory) from Beauty Bay - the tube has lasted ages and still has a lot of product left, so I would consider it to be good value for money. You only need a very small amount for good results.

Shadow insurance has been a game-changer for me - will continue to repurchase forever :)

on 2/12/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this primer. I find that it works better if you pat it in, rather than rub it in. And a tiny bit goes a very long way. This keeps even my most dramatic Amy Winehouse-y looks on for at least 8 hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good eyeshadow primer but keep in mind it does not help to make colors stand out more, it is better than MAC Paints and Primer Potion at keeping eyeshadow ON for the longest but it is not the go-to for color intensifying properties that can come with Primer Potion. No creasing or color oxidization and eyeshadow stays on all day and all night, a super tiny amount goes a long way so it is incredible value.
It's definitely worth having for those natural eye looks that you need to stick around and you don't want to worry about slipping off after a long time. It's good for blending too, as a lot of primers can be tacky and difficult to blend with after they set. You could always apply your colors on top of a cream or NYX Jumbo Liner for more intense color.
I will be repurchasing because this is a very good thing to have. Beware of counterfeit Shadow Insurance items on eBay.