Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Does not have any coverage at ALL! Makes my skin look flaky ( I have combo skin). Coverage is not build-able, if you try to add more it only makes it look cakey. Did not cover any redness or anything! I had a breakout, it did not cover it and it made it look worse by settling into the lines around it. I could have paid $1 at the dollar store for the same thing. WASTE of money! Only good thing was it did kind of match my skin - which is hard to do with liquid. Will never buy again.

This is currently my favorite foundation and there are several good reasons why. Previously, I was mixing foundations because I couldn't find a match for my skin tone. I'm very fair with an olive complexion and it was impossible to find a match. This foundation is the first perfect color I have ever found. I was using a mix of Bare Minerals and Laura Mercier to get a match before. My skin has reactions to foundations and this one doesn't cause a problem. Bare Minerals makes my skin itchy and red. This foundation comes off clean, leaving my face fresh and not at all irritated. It covers nicely. I don't think it's coverage is as great as Bare Minerals or Laura Mercier; however, it is sufficient. It also looks more natural than any other mineral foundation I've tried. I find that Bare Minerals covers my natural "glow" and forces me to use blush and bronzer to create that desired look. I don't need to use a blush with this product because I have a natural blush to my cheeks and it shines through the foundation. It isn't the perfect foundation but maybe there isn't a such thing. The only con I have to it is that I find it to be messy and the packaging won't contain the powder completely when it's shut - meaning I open it to find powered gathered underneath the top.

This foundation is great! It looks very natural, and lasts all day. I like this a lot better than bare minerals. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin, which a lot of products do. I defidently reccomend this

ETA: this gave my combo skin horrid dry flakey patches after a week of daily wear. Boo!!! It was so easy and the color was spot on! Will save to powder my forehead with I guess :/

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i really love the texture, that its matte and gives medium coverage but unfortunately there wasnt a shade YELLOW enough for my skin. i was "matched" to beige 1 and i am NC42 in Mac/Barcelona or Stromboli in Nars/Golden Neutral in BB. all the shades in the medium and dark categories are straight up a flat brown. returned. if they had more golden shades this would be a keeper, much better than BE hands down.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mineral foundation! I am 53 years old and constantly get compliments on my complexion. I have tried most of the top mineral foundations and liquid foundations, but aside from IT Celebration Foundation, I like this the best. I like It Celebration Foundation equally as well, but it is much more expensive, and I am all about quality on a budget. I read all these reviews and articles saying that women over 50 should wear liquid foundation, and if you were trying to wear a mineral foundation such as Bare Minerals, where it tends to cake, I would agree that might be a better choice, but Mary Kay is even coverage, flawless in it's look, and very easy to apply! I do a lot of Theater work, and use it on stage as well. (I just have to apply it a little heavier though). The price is very affordable, and it comes in a large container, so it lasts quite a long time! Thanks Mary Kay!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have always used liquid foundations until my sister turned me onto this mineral powder foundation. Since I have oily skin and grew up with severe acne I have a tendency to want to cover up a lot of my facial imperfections (blemishes, large pores, etc.). At first I used it as a powder over the liquid foundation, but found out recently it works great by itself and keeps my oily skin in check. I do tend to use a foundation primer only for the broad spectrum sunscreen, but I definitely recommend this product. What I recently discovered is that it is a build-able foundation and if you want more coverage you can apply more of the powder to get your desired effect. I am in love with the packaging because it really saves on how much powder you use at a time. Would definitely recommend this product!

I have this product in my collection and keep forgetting how much I love it. I use it with the MK concealer and it makes my skin look air-brushed and FLAWLESS. It is much lighter than BE and I find that it isn't as drying. I use Ivory 2, but Ivory 1 could work just as well. It does a nice job of masking pores without masking your skin, and no matter how many layers you put on it never looks cakey. It's just a beautiful powder foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this powder foundation. Has great coverage and color is wonderful. I have been using this for a few years now and feel it is just as good as Bare Minerals.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Ah, where to begin. Okay, packaging is nice, it's travel safe and I love the brush it comes with! Totally soft and it helps spread the product evenly. This mineral powder is not really a foundation, since it is not that pigmented and won't help conceal big imperfections on the face. However, it is nice for setting your liquid makeup (foundation, concealers), without being overpowering. It looks fresh and natural. I just wouldn't recommend it as a foundation itself. The best mineral foundation I have ever used is L'oreal's, I recommend it 100%. I have a lot of acne scarring and broken capilaries on my face and Lóreal's mineral foundation and concealer cover everything without effort, and without clogging up pores! I'll go back to them once I finish this MK failure.