September 2, 2014 | 1045 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's not bad, but it's not brilliant either. It leaves a matte finish and is pretty much translucent, but it isn't milled that finely in my opinion. I used to love this when I was younger and use it all the time, but I've since discovered better products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by CoCoChanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow very negative reviews on here! I bought my first pot of this a while ago and have used it all, to me it's just a nice pressed powder without the fuss of choosing your 'colour' as it is transparent.

I set my foundation with this powder with a little fluffy brush and it works brilliant for me. No fuss product. Relatively cheap. Not the prettiest packaging but a nice green fresh colour.

If I ever buy a face powder it will always be by Rimmel or Collection 2000 (just because it's what Iv'e always chosen) a powder is a powder at the end of the day I don't see much difference.
I don't mind the smell at all, smells near enough the same as a baby powder smell.

Will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not keen on this at all, does nothing whatsoever except mattify and make my chanel vitalumiere foundation look terrible and almost cakey. It sticks to the tiny hairs on your face and makes them stand out and cakes on. Doesnt make foundation last longer and is not flattering ontop of foundation at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I needed a translucent powder for work - nothing with coverage, just to take the shine off. and this does exactly that. I went through an entire Boots drug store tying to to colour match a "setting" or matting powder to my MAC N3 studio fix powder I use when I go out (as opposed to forced to go to work). This was the closest I could find in the <7 range (work make up I'm *not* spending money on!) and it's actually very close (021 Transparent)

It has no coverage. all it does is matte or set. Which is perfect for what I want and the colour match is very good, it's cheap, I don't care about the semi-shoddy packaging as I keep it in my locker at work.

I personally apply it with a soft, angled, blusher brush (goat hair, I think. some 25 piece tool set I got online) and yeah, it takes a little roughing with the bristles first across the pallette to get the product and then brush on - I wouldn't advise using a sponge or a puff, it looks like it would harden/get cakey. Not fussed. at 3.99 I'm not complaining. I'd very much buy it again for work. it does what it says on the tin, literally - "shine free finish for up to 5 hours". That's it.

so I quite like it, for it's purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by inthepresenceofenemies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this nonstop for a few years now and it's great. I use it in 021 transparent and apply with a brush and it's fantastic, I'm VERY pale and this doesn't show on me at all, just mattifies. Doesn't cause break outs, works on blemishes if you kinda scrape a bit off the top and pat onto a spot.

The packaging isn't very attractive, and the lid comes off too easily, and the last part of the powder always breaks up so you have to dab your brush into it rather than swipe it across, and if you knock it while it's open it goes everywhere, so that's a shame, but wow it's cheap! And it works!

The packaging claims to keep skin shine free for up to 5 hours and it pretty much does that. I have very oily skin so i use this, it usually lasts about 4/5 hours before I start feeling like I need to refresh so I generally splash water on my face, dry, and reapply a dusting of powder, then I'm good for another 4/5 hours (I don't like the feeling of applying powder onto oily skin) I only use foundation as cover-up anyway and a splash of water doesn't dislodge too much so I don't usually need to reapply any foundation at this time.

It's the best mattifying powder I've tried, keeps me way more shine free than Urban Decay's mattifying powder, which is a shame because I love UD, but their powder is 5x the price of this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by misskeikei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has been mostly negatively reviewed but its really not that bad. For the price this really is good value for money. It does what its supposed to do and is good for finishing and mattifying your makeup, but not if you want coverage. Best applied with a small sponge/puff not brush.

I dont really understand its Clear Complexion claims with its patented Clear Skin properties, but its the only drugstore powder that does not break me out. It dosnt list its ingredients so maybe is dosnt contain Talc? Other than that I have to normally use more expensive Talc free powders.

Only negative I can think of is that is does shatter easily but to avoid this is store your sponge/puff inside and place in the side pocket of your handbag. However being so inexpensive it is easily replaceable if broken.

- KK. =^_^= .v.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by undone93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't like this at all. The packaging is flimsy and hard to open and close. The powder broke really easy, and what I had left eventually goes all hard at the top and its hard to get off. No idea where they got the complexion clearing part either. It does nothing for that. Total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by CassieMcF

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually hate this product. I bought it just to keep me going until christmas because i didn't want to but anything expensive until then. But i didn't expect it to be this terrible! The smell is hideous, it smells of horses!! And it goes on really chalky on my face, which i hate. And it doesn't stay on for 5 hours. Worst powder i have ever used, don't buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I bought this while I was traveling because it was the only brand in the store that I recognized. What a waste of money. I would love to know what's in this stuff that makes the top layer of it keep getting hard and impossible to get onto a brush. I keep having to scrape the top off of it! I have it in transparent, but it's far from it. It goes on chalky looking, but it can work to set foundation if it's applied VERY lightly. Plus the packaging us ugly and never stays closed. Don't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this powder. It wasn't awful per se, just not good enough to warrant buying it again. I always use products up unless I find them to be completley unuseable, and I am finding it hard to keep on going with this.

Firstly I have this in transparent and it is anything but. I wear the sheerest cover of this- I blot my puff after I put powder on it. So you can imagine I am not putting much on at all. However mine comes up orange. I'm talking properly able to see orange- not just a little tint.

The compact doesn't respond well to a puff and it is hard to get any out. The powder doesn't do anything for breakouts, which I expected but a bit disappointing. The coverage is light which is a bit rubbish as people using this likely have spots or red marks they want help with covering. I find that the powder sits on my skin too.

Not to mention the gross- powdery rose scent that it has. I won't be buying this again.