Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

3.2

Talc, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Myristate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Sapphire Powder. [May Contain/, Peut Contenir/+/-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica].

on 11/16/2012 4:09:00 PM

My shade: 021 Transparent

Pros:
Covers shine well.
Lasts for a few hours.
Covers imperfections fairly well too.

Cons:
Not many shade choices.
This is the lightest colour, but was still pretty orange on me.
Can cake a little.
Sometimes hard to pick up product.
Packaging isn't too great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really great setting powder, does what I want it to. It keeps my face matte all day and sets liquid foundation flawlessly. Also, it's at a great price! I would choose this over any MAC powder as the quality is excellent and the value is great.

I use this to sometime set my foundation and concealer. Sometimes you can just brush it all around my face before I run out the door. This powder does not break me out which normally most powders do. I really do recommend this.

on 8/12/2011 4:15:00 PM

I like it, it gives a matte finsih and stays on for a good few hours. I'd buy it again.

on 3/22/2011 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I mainly use this product to set my foundation. It works and that's about it. I haven't used this long enough to see if it does actually minimize skin breakouts. Even so, I very much doubt it. Still, it does its job and fits the bill.
UPDATE - Like others I've noticed that after a while the top layer hardens which makes it very hard to pick up the powder. I had to scrape the surface with a spoon!

on 2/18/2011 6:10:00 PM

It's not bad, but it's not brilliant either. It leaves a matte finish and is pretty much translucent, but it isn't milled that finely in my opinion. I used to love this when I was younger and use it all the time, but I've since discovered better products.

on 1/17/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow very negative reviews on here! I bought my first pot of this a while ago and have used it all, to me it's just a nice pressed powder without the fuss of choosing your 'colour' as it is transparent.

I set my foundation with this powder with a little fluffy brush and it works brilliant for me. No fuss product. Relatively cheap. Not the prettiest packaging but a nice green fresh colour.

If I ever buy a face powder it will always be by Rimmel or Collection 2000 (just because it's what Iv'e always chosen) a powder is a powder at the end of the day I don't see much difference.
I don't mind the smell at all, smells near enough the same as a baby powder smell.

Will purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Not keen on this at all, does nothing whatsoever except mattify and make my chanel vitalumiere foundation look terrible and almost cakey. It sticks to the tiny hairs on your face and makes them stand out and cakes on. Doesnt make foundation last longer and is not flattering ontop of foundation at all.

on 5/20/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I needed a translucent powder for work - nothing with coverage, just to take the shine off. and this does exactly that. I went through an entire Boots drug store tying to to colour match a "setting" or matting powder to my MAC N3 studio fix powder I use when I go out (as opposed to forced to go to work). This was the closest I could find in the <7 range (work make up I'm *not* spending money on!) and it's actually very close (021 Transparent)

It has no coverage. all it does is matte or set. Which is perfect for what I want and the colour match is very good, it's cheap, I don't care about the semi-shoddy packaging as I keep it in my locker at work.

I personally apply it with a soft, angled, blusher brush (goat hair, I think. some 25 piece tool set I got online) and yeah, it takes a little roughing with the bristles first across the pallette to get the product and then brush on - I wouldn't advise using a sponge or a puff, it looks like it would harden/get cakey. Not fussed. at 3.99 I'm not complaining. I'd very much buy it again for work. it does what it says on the tin, literally - "shine free finish for up to 5 hours". That's it.

so I quite like it, for it's purpose.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this nonstop for a few years now and it's great. I use it in 021 transparent and apply with a brush and it's fantastic, I'm VERY pale and this doesn't show on me at all, just mattifies. Doesn't cause break outs, works on blemishes if you kinda scrape a bit off the top and pat onto a spot.

The packaging isn't very attractive, and the lid comes off too easily, and the last part of the powder always breaks up so you have to dab your brush into it rather than swipe it across, and if you knock it while it's open it goes everywhere, so that's a shame, but wow it's cheap! And it works!

The packaging claims to keep skin shine free for up to 5 hours and it pretty much does that. I have very oily skin so i use this, it usually lasts about 4/5 hours before I start feeling like I need to refresh so I generally splash water on my face, dry, and reapply a dusting of powder, then I'm good for another 4/5 hours (I don't like the feeling of applying powder onto oily skin) I only use foundation as cover-up anyway and a splash of water doesn't dislodge too much so I don't usually need to reapply any foundation at this time.

It's the best mattifying powder I've tried, keeps me way more shine free than Urban Decay's mattifying powder, which is a shame because I love UD, but their powder is 5x the price of this!