March 1, 2015 | 1840 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At my ripe age, I thought I knew how to wash my face so I never read the directions that come with this product. I just merrily splashed water on my face, rubbed the stuff in and rinsed. Reading others' reviews of this product, I realized you're supposed to put it on a DRY face, which I've now tried. OMG! I was impressed with the stuff when I was using it incorrectly, now I'm a total believer, and I don't usually get all excited about a face wash. Not only has this cleanser helped heal my skin (I really didn't think it made much difference which "gentle" cleanser you used), but when applying it to a dry face and then rinsing, it leaves my skin so soft and hydrated, I will probably just use a sunscreen and skip the moisturizer, at least for the rest of the summer. If you have sensitive skin, and find yourself allergic to many cosmetic ingredients, please try this wash. And if you find it too hydrating, splash some water on your face before using. LOL, no, seriously, it cuts down on the hydrating effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Neen2131

this is a really nice gentle cleanser that leaves my skin feeling clean and not over-dry and feeling a really nice texture. i use it twice a day, and supplement it with an exfoliater twice/week. This has really helped with my combination/spot prone skin. It has also reduced the redness on my chin caused by old spots.
i have not awarded 5 stars because it does not feel very luxurious to use, feels like a drug store wash off cleaner, (I prefer face washes to feel thicker) but actually has had a very positive impact on my skin.
i do not have rosacea so cannot review it from that perspective.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Cerla

This product removes makeup very well and even removes waterproof eye makeup which is a bonus. It doesn't irritate my eyes or make them red like the Neutrogena cleansing cloths. Lippies were removed for the following reasons
when closing the cap there is a little product that splurts out which is annoying because I've already washed my face and so what do I do with the extra product???
the price is quite high considering that Clinique now has some major competition with the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser which is just as gentle and just as good at removing makeup.
I will continue to repurchase this product but only when there is a GWP or a sale at Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by JKravitz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It made one of my eyes very red and puffy. I wasn't sure what was doing it but I did not take the tube with me on vacation and it cleared up. Upon returning and washing my eyes and face with it , it stung my eye and puffed up again. It has helped my face a tiny bit , but not enough to continue t use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by loveloven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product for about 2 weeks now, and I kind of like it.
I doesn't upset my skin and it does the job.
I sometimes want to clean my face with something foaming as well. Especially if I've worn more makeup than usual.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Kathleenzhanggg

I purchased this at a warehouse sale so the price wasn't too bad but otherwise after using it, I would not be buying this over the counter at regular price.
As a cleanser/makeup remover, I didn't find it very promising. Even after using it a couple of times on my face, I could still see that there was an obvious amount of makeup left over. As for soothing/redness reducing effects, I personally did not see any.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this from a Clinique counter after I told the salesperson about my very sensitive skin prone to redness and irritation,

I got it home and realised I cannot use it on my eyes, so I would still have to use my original favourite anyway which is Simple Eye Make Up Remover.

I found that it does remove make up but leaves me a little red and sore despite declaring to be soothing and anti-redness. I will use this up as I paid alot of money for it but would neither buy again nor recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have reactive sensitive skin with redness. After reading the good reviews on this I (stupidly) bought it. The plus point on the cleanser is that I found it removed a full face of makeup and my zinc sunscreen (I used it on dry skin, massaged and rinsed) However, the bad points are that it left a weird film on my face and I also had a slight burning sensation even after washing it off. I had a few flat red spots crop up during use, which is irritation. Not recommended at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an ok cleanser for dry skin. It cleanses the skin and make up well, but thatīs all.
I have mild couperosa on my nose and cheeks, and some redness here and there, and I hoped that this cleanser could help to even the redness a little bit. Well, it doesnīt. It cleanses my skin, leaves it hydrated and calm, but doesnīt help with the redness.

Waste of money, I think.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I got caught up in the SAs explanation of how wonderful this cleanser was. She said it removes all of her makeup, including mascara and makes her face feel wonderful afterwards.

First off, it DOES NOT remove all of my make-up, especially mascara. I had to re-wash my face with my normal cleansing oil to remove the mascara that was completely unphased by the clinique cleanser.

Second, I hate how this makes my skin feel. It feels like it never fully washes off and I'm left with a very thick filmy feeling. I feel like I always need to follow-up with another cleanser that will make my face feel clean.

I've seen no visible signs of the slight redness on my cheeks going away.

This is being returned.