October 24, 2014 | 1877 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff works pretty well for forward what they say its supposed to do, BUT I've had better. Instead of going to the Chanel counter swing by the Lancôme counter and ask for La Base Pro .... you'll thank me later ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This base did nothing for me, made me look even paler then I usually do. My skin completely broke out too! It's overpriced and overrated and the packaging is a nightmare, it's really difficult to get the product out of the bottle. I was very disappointed as I had high hopes for Chanel, I usually love their products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I am obviously in the minority here but I absolutely hated this and chucked it out into the bin after a few times. I like a glowy, fresh complexion and after my usual serum and moisturiser I applied this but thought it was horrible. It's pure white like tip ex and I have to rub it in quite well to get the whiteness to disperse, by which my glowy fresh skin was now dull, paler and lifeless. I didn't like how foundation went over it either. I do a lot of self tanning and last thing I want is to look paler in the face when I'm self tanning the night before. And I just thought my foundation looks much much better without it or my HG illamasqua primer (which is also white just NOTHING like this one!!) the bottle is very chic but that's all the good I can say on it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Lindsayanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a must have for me! I was a little creeped out when my make up artist first presented it to me because it was white as a French manicure. I thought "how the hell will this look good on anyone???" I was so very wrong. It was wonderful. It goes perfectly over my daily serum and moisturizer to make my face hydrated but ready to have make up put on! Once my make up is on it is set in place and doesn't move around or sink into my pores. I know that this base is the reason for this and would recommend it I anyone an everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LolaaMorel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay so this is the first primer i've ever used and so far I am really enjoying it. Because it's my first primer i don't have much to compare it to but it seems to do the job well. As i'm only 13 i don't really need a lot of heavy makeup so i like to use this as an illuminating glow on my skin, sometimes i mix it in with my Dior BB Cream which just gives me more coverage and more of a dewy complexion.

So i wear this nearly everyday and it really evens out your skin tone - I get a lot of blemishes but this really helps, if i wear BB Cream then it helps it last longer and it really helps give you that healthy glow! Yes it is quite pricey and the little pot it comes in means it's difficult to get to but I honestly recommend it! X

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I like to think of this as "The Grande Dame of makeup primers". . This Dowager of Chanel's Le Blanc line has become a mainstay in my beauty routine..an HG, If I may dare say so. Primers being what they are, often make huge claims but perform mediocre at best. Not this one. It does exactly as it claims. My main issues are pores and redness, both of the genetic sort, and this product solves both issues. It softens fine lines and my makeup glides on beautifully when I use it (which is every day). While wearing it I have even ventured outside without foundation...which is unheard of for me. It illuminates without the disco ball effect of most "illuminating" primers, and my skin glows healthy, even, and smooth. Le Blanc de Chanel, a few swipes of Chanel Stylo eclat highlighting pen ( I much prefer it over YSL Touche Eclat) , a light blush, and Lumiere De'Artifices...and I'm glowing...not sparkly glittery, teenage dream glowing...but elegantly subtly glowing, reminiscent of the movie stars of yesteryear. For a gal with flat, dry, red, blotchy Irish skin...that's a HUGE lot to fill!
Please note that yes..the packaging sucks....BAD...but honestly, it's worth the effort to just find a method of extracting it from the bottle that works for you. You also have to be light handed with this magical milky liquid, because if applied too thick, it will give a white cast. Other than that, happy priming, you'll be glad you treated yourself to this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by BlushinBunny

everything that piripiri said was absolute nails. I have only tried it with the Chanel Perfection foundation and I really like it. Loved the flawless appearance with my skin. I use a little grapeseed oil on my skin as a serum for moisturizing and works really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product. I bought it to cover my rosy cheeks and nose and that is what it does perfectly. I have tried other products in the past and they never worked. I only use it on my red areas then I use Benefit Porefessional as a primer all over my face. Not sure why it would matter if it makes your face white since you are supposed to apply your make up over it. I don't have any issues with the bottle I think it is just fine the way it is. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Bainsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Good product that does what it says it will, illuminates the skin and gives a natural sheen and glow to the skin which is neither shiny or glittery. Like the light smell and consistency but the packaging is terrible. It gets very messy despite the useless spatula provided, which can easily be misplaced. A lot of the product is wasted by getting stuck to the inside of cap and around the mouth of the bottle which is a shame since I am paying a hefty price for the product. For the poor packaging alone I would not purchase this again. Big shame as it is good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MissSahar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Makes me look as white as a ghost. I do not get the "dewy" look at all with this product. I am totally disappointing considering Chanel is one of my favourite make up brands and also the price tag. Also no SPF so cannot b worn alone. No pump so lots of wasted product.

Would I repurchase? No.