April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Moisturizers - Argan Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After years of putting chemicals on my face, I thought I would try organic argan oil as I had read so many positive reviews. Sadly it didn't work out as planned, as I had the worst allergic reaction to this - literally the whole of face became inflamed.

I had to go the chemist to get an antihistamine and they confirmed an allergic reaction - it took 4 days for the hives to go and 7 for my face to recover.

So its back to the chemicals I'm afraid to say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought an organic version from amazon.uk for 15 pounds (True Moroccan 100ml) and it has been the purchase of my life!

It has been a month now and all I will say is that I will never give this product up.

It has contained my acne by a good 50%. My hair has never looked nicer. I apply a tiny bit on towel dried or almost dry hair. It brings softness & shine, defrizzes without losing volume.

I add a pump to my face & hand creams everyday. I love the smell & it sinks immidiately in.

I must say while none of the acid based products have ever worked for me, a lot of oils (and I have used quit a few) do. But this one is my queen!

Just make sure the product is genuine, organic, cold-pressed and the jar is made of dark glass.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Freebirdsoul

I'll start out by saying i have truly combo skin. A VERY oily t-zone, but then random patches of eczema on my neck and eyelids. Ahh!

The idea of slathering oil on already oily skin seems frightening, especially when we have the common misconception that all things should be "oil free". Well my friends, not oil is bad. In fact MOST (pure, organic) oils are awesome for the skin!

I wanted to try Argan oil when I heard several rave reviews on the Josie Maran AO. But quite frankly I did not want to spend 48 dollars for a bottle of oil. If it is indeed 100% pure argan oil, then what difference is an off brand bottle of the same exact thing!?
So I found myself some 100% ORGANIC argan oil, 4 oz! for 17 dollars. (ebay my friends) The only thing I would prefer is if it were packaged in a glass bottle, but I can deal :) On to to the application...

I've been slathering this stuff on clean skin before bed. I go to bed looking a bit oily and shiny all over, but when I wake up it has all sunken in and I look GLOWY and my skin feels baby soft. I wash my face, and apply a normal (Simple) moisturizer, and only use the Argan Oil for underneath my eyes, and on my neck. For day time its just too heavy for me to wear under the makeup.

The verdict.... I love it. I've been using it for just over a month now and my skin is the best it has been in years! It is LESS oily, plump, soft, and healthy. I have not had any breakouts, no signs milia, eczema has decreased but is not totally gone...

All in all. I will continue using this again and again. It is AMAZING.

(The brand I am using is called Sweet Essentials)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Mhernandez102311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this organic Aragon oil that come in a blue glass bottle! This miracle oil gave my sister in law and I good silky hair again! Especially her hair felt like hay every time she would straighten it or just simply air dry! Her hair never felt so good! Mine on the ends gets super dry and too many split ends! But this has improved my dryness and I no longer complain about my hair being dry from the ends! :) I will recommend this oil to any one who suffers from natural or heat exposed dry hair! :) argon oil from morocco! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I've tried crappy argan oil and one that seems legit (not Josie Maran cause I don't think it's worth it). I bought a 50ml argan oil from Saadia Organics. Seems legit.

Hair - Wow! What a difference!! I will use 2 pumps of argan oil on the ends of my shoulder length hair during the day. Doesn't weigh my hair down. Looks normal. But the next day after shampooing, I can feel major difference in my hair. Like all the dryness and frizziness has dissipated. My hair is actually normal. Normal. Shiny and soft. Like other people on the street. WOW. My hair has always been fluffy, frizzy and dry. This... wow.
I kept the crappy argan oil for my hair. Works well too.

Face - I have eczema on my face so I overloaded the argan oil, I must admit. It works well for dryness but causes breakout. I believe cause I used way too much. I will reduce and see what happens. It does give a good glow, though. I like. Or could be oiliness. Which is good too LOL.
The above review is for Saadia Organics (which soothes and calms). The other crappy argan oil makes my face itch. So no go there.

EDIT 24th Aug 2013: I've since reduced the argan oil for my face to 4-5 drops for face & decollete. Wow... What a difference. My face looks healthy and the fine less are so fine I can hardly see them anymore. I even use the oil on my eyes. No problems so far. No milia. Just clear, healthy skin. I am liking this more and more!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I buy the Alma and Sana golden argan oil from Amazon, which is organic, for only $8 an oz. Really cheap. Does the job. Why spend $40 or so on Josie? Dropper kind of lets drops out without a squeeze, but I just hold it over the mouth to prevent any stray drops from dotting my dresser lol Garden of Wisdom also has it for a steal if you're buying other oils on there already.

This actually dries my skin out. What the --
I know that all oils depend on your skin, and I have tried quite a few and plan to try a lot more. So why five stars?

This prevents acne like nothing I've ever tried. It is not drying to the extent that grapeseed was for me and certainly not to the level of benzoyl peroxide or retin-a or bha. No pillow stains here. This is why this deserves five stars: It is so affordable, natural, and it prevents acne! Well, at least on my skin.

The results are amazing. My skin was like glass after three days. My pores shrunk. My face became smooth and soft. It may be nothing more than just a moisturizing oil to other skin types, but for me it is a miracle. It does more than BHA ever did. I try not to skip it, but I may once or twice a week just so my night cream can counter the slightly drying effects it has on me. I will always have a bottle on hand.

Oh, and it is great as a mist for hair after you get out of the shower (to lock in the moisture). Just add some water into a bottle with a couple drops of this, mist over the ends. Shiny, beautiful hair that's not weighed down! Argan is not one of those oils that penetrates the shaft and moisturizes from the inside out (so no point in using it as a hair mask, esp considering the $), but it will make hair look shiny and healthy.

I use other oils for my other moisturizing/cleansing needs, but this oil will always have those two uses for me. A staple.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use NOW organic Argan Oil. I add a drop to my AM moisturizer and then pat 2 drops straight before my night time moisturizer. I am acne prone, but this does not irritate my skin at all. I no longer have any dry patches. I also use about 3 drops at night in my hair on days I don't shampoo. No more split ends. I may just try Josie Maran's oil just to see if it's worth the extra $.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Argan oil is my fountain of youth. I use this either in my moisturizer or on it's own and I also add it to my body lotion. Since I've been using this for more than 5mos now, my skin looks AWE-mazing. The dryness is gone and it now has a nice moisturized plump look to it. It comes in a dark bottle with glass dropper. This is really a quality oil (I use the Mogador brand) and just as good as Josie Maran but waaaaay less expensive (as in 1/2 the price). I buy mine at Amazon. Doesn't get any better.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by AMartellacci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this stuff. I use it as a hot oil treatment once a week and put a few drops in my hair (soooo nice for black hair) after every shower. I use it all over my skin in the form of a natural oil blend (jojoba, olive, sesame, coconut and argan), after a bath. I've mixed some in with my conditioner.

Everything I use it on just glows and feels like silk. From hair to heels, it all feels like butter. It lasts until you wash it off. It works well under other moisturizers. My hair used to be a dry straw mess ( bleach! ). Now, I think I'm going to throw out my shine serum.

Make sure to use a light hand with it though. It's easy to use too much. A few drops will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by colourcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Defanately an amazing hair investment! the only thing is with this product it is better to use 10 or so hours before you take a shower because of how oily it makes your hair. It cures split ends and I'm very happy with this product. (: