November 28, 2014 | 1741 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ChynellShade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The first time I have used this product, I didn't like it, but only because I was using the directions! This is definitely one of those products that you have to play around with. Now that I have, I love it! It conceals my bluish/green under eye veins. For this, I use the darkest color on the wheel because I'm not extremely fair.
I know what some of the other reviewers are talking about with the cakeyness but I use a beautyblender and it looks so natural! Also, be sure to moisturize and prime skin before applying. Oh, and heat the product up with a hair dryer or this will be really hard to work with! Seems like a lot of work, but totally worth it. When I don't want to wear foundation over this, I mix and blend a lighter color on the wheel with the darker color to get my perfect match. I set with powder and it really lasts me 12 hours (12 hours in the sun, super hot summer weather).
Overall, I would buy this again (got mine at Shopper's for $31 CAD), but I don't see myself ever running out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for several years now and I still love it. I wouldn't be able to get ready without using this product. It lasts a really long time too, I'm guessing I go through 1 every 2-3 years and that's with me using it almost every day. I use the one with the green and lilac and I use every color except the darkest brown shade.. I never had a use for that one as it's meant for 'sculpting' and I don't think I need to sculpt my face.
I mostly use this for my under eye area and redness around my nose. After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply and blend with clean fingers before my foundation. I find this way is faster than using a makeup brush, it blends into my skin way better too. I definitely wouldn't suggest using this if you don't moisturize your skin first.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite concealer! A few years ago I was on the hunt for a perfect concealer and tried everything I could drugstore and department store wise. I bought this product about 4 years ago at Shoppers Drug Mart and I will never change concealers! My skin type gets oily fairly quickly and I have very few blemishes with the occasional pimple. Therefore I still have a decent amount of product left after 4 years of use, so for me the price was definitely worth it. Since my skin is oily, I don't ever use the purple/blue colour on the wheel meant to highlight, however I use all the other colours.
I am warning you YOU NEED SOME SKILL TO USE THIS PRODUCT.If you don't know how to use it, it will appear to be the worst product every, cakey and unblendable. Luckily for me when I bought this product the lady at the store taught me how to use it. You need to WARM THIS PRODUCT UP. Whether it be by putting the blow dryer on it for half a minute or just rubbing the product on your palm. This brings out the creamy beautiful blendability of the concealers. I recommend using a small flat concealer brush, especially for beginners, or your fingers.
Use your palm or back of your hand as a palette for your concealer blending, you don't need very much product.
In order to hide redness, dab a bit of green on your hand and play with that a bit on there. Then add the other skin tone colours that best match your skin tone. mix them all together and keep adding skin tone colours until the green is almost gone and then apply very lightly to the area you wish to conceal. The green pigment blends in with the other colours and you wont be able to tell its there, but it'll provide its anti-redness effect. If you need to blend the edges out with your fingers and apply some setting powder, preferably translucent.
This product is amazing, You don't need to use foundation with this, and it stays on all day and no one can ever tell when I get a pimple.
Again, I recommend this product to those that have some skill with blending and are willing to take the time at the beginning to learn how to use this product properly.
It should work if you have few- moderate amount of pimples/zits, however if you have sever acne, I think there are other products out there that may be more suited to your needs.
Hope this was helpful :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This products is thick and a little bit dry but once it's all warmed up, it does wonders for your redness and dark circles. You can mix and match the colors to really neutralize your skin imperfections. What I love about this product are the brown and lilac colours, which I use to coutour and highlight my cheeks. Sculpt your cheeks with the brown, highlight the apple with the lilac and bring the colour upwards, pair it with a duo of blush/bronzer (I use orgasm/laguna) and you will obtain model-like youthful and round cheeks. Good luck :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I bought this a few years ago. It is kinda dry, but you can still work with it. It helped me hide some zits better than other concealers did in the past. It also concealed undereye circles well and added a nice healthy glow to shallow areas. I don't really take the time to conceal stuff nowadays unless I am really feeling self-conscious or I have oodles of time. I really liked this wheel when I was into having a flawless complexion, but lately I just sort of want to look like me....only better....not someone else entirely. My makeup routine just needs to be a lot faster nowadays because of nursing school, but like I said I enjoyed this product when I spent much more time on my makeup and getting a "flawless" look. I believe it is worth checking out, but there are probably some more reasonably priced products out there that are comparable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This review is for the 'beiges' one (which is made up of different hues of beige, no green or lilac parts ). Among the BEST m/u purchases that I've made this year!!! It gives a professionally done m/u look. Very effective at covering up veins and discolouration as well as under-eye circles. Lasts! Doesn't disappear into never never land after two hours.
Use on top of heavily moisturized skin to help with blendability. End result will look more polished too. I found that a proper BRUSH will make the end result better than fingers. My concealer brush isn't as good as a flat round-tipped, dense eyeshadow brush for me.
I don't use the darkest shade (beige cafe) for contouring.
Rather, i use it if another shade looks a touch too light.
After using all the different beiges, i blend slightly, then apply foundation which blends the rest just by application- and powder on some areas. Or, tinted moisturizer first, THEN the concealer, also works.
Don't recommend, necessarily; you must try it yourself, very subjective product. You may not like it - the colour match could be off, or the texture if u have dry skin, or the fact that it's not a one-step fix, you need to work with it.
Price is VERY fair- even bad quality drugstore concealers are around 10 dollars, and here you get 5 colours, that last a long time, & are better quality. For a higher end product, it's a GREAT bargain, cuz ppl pay like 30 dollars for a teensy compact of Shu Uemura that won't last as long, or 70 dollars for Cle De Peau, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by beckelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after watching a video where a girl used it as her one-stop solution for all face issues. I was most looking forward to the lighter and darker colors to help with under-eye issues and conturing. however, when i got it, it became abundantly clear this was not suited for under-eye area. the formulation is much too thick and dries somewhat chalky. however, it is the single best coverage i have found for any pimple or blemish on the rest of my face. the green tone hides redness and doesn't budge all day, the three choices of flesh-tone make finding your exact skin color a breeze. the price is steep but i really can't see needing to replace it. ever. I don't use the highlighter much but have tried it and it does work if used sparingly. it's a mat highlighter which is unique. overall i would recommend this product but caution that it did not work for me to address any under-eye issues. for that, i have found Bye Bye Undereye to be the best choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by zombienudity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this portfolio sight unseen and with a very high shipping cost because I live in the midwest (US). When I first saw the portfolio I was really unhappy with the colors. I am very pale and most foundations/concealers/etc are too dark for me. The green is more of a washed out gray-green and the skin tones are very dark. The ivory color appears 2-4 shades darker than my skin. The violet is a white-ish lavender color.

Nevertheless, I used the portfolio as the packaging directed. (It comes with a cute little pamphlet with a diagram and the back of the package explains what each color is for.) The colors work beautifully for me under foundation. I don't know how, but these must be magic. The blocks of concealer are completely solid - there is no give when you press on them. However, they melt onto your fingers instantly. They are extremely pigmented and the small layer that your finger will pick up with minimal contact will go very far. They give full coverage immediately.

The consistency on my face is a little greasy when first applied, but when it sets it will not settle in fine lines. I have dry skin and these never look cakey (a big problem with concealers for me).

I think that other people might be unhappy because they are applying it incorrectly. You do need to apply this after primer and before foundation or powder. Because the portfolio colors are so dramatic and unnatural you need to use a medium to full coverage foundation over it. I have found a foundation brush will move the concealer around your face, messing up all of your work. (Especially if you're contouring.) You need to use a wet sponge to apply the foundation. Then give your face some time to dry and finish with powder.

I have been contouring my face for years using powder bronzer and powder or liquid highlighters. Using these concealers looks far more natural when finished. However, I look like an overzealous drag queen between the concealer and foundation.

Once my makeup is done my skin looks flawless. I have cystic acne, dark circles and very translucent eyelids. With this portfolio my complexion looks even and bright. The first day I wore it my mom commented on that my skin was looking nice and didn't believe me when I said that I was beginning to break out. If you do have surface blemishes you will probably need to use a traditional concealer over your foundation as normal. The portfolio concealers are best for scars and unevenness - their consistency isn't right for raised pimples.

Overall, the portfolio concealers feel heavy and somewhat greasy on my face. Ironically, they have allowed me to use less makeup in total. They set with powder and time, though, and do not smudge. They have not irritated my skin or caused me to break out. They require commitment - both spending a decent amount of time applying them and wearing a full face of makeup. You will need to become familiar with the color wheel and put thought into what colors you're trying to cover up. These are not for the faint of heart or the minimalist. They are the best base level correcters that I've ever used, however. If you're willing to put in the time and effort with this portfolio then you will be amazed at how well they work.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by joydivisionn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the one with beiges only.
Best concealer I've had. It stays forever, I will keep on buying it til the end :)!!
It is 40$ but it is sooo worth it, and it last quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!!! What more can I say?I have oily skin and vitiligo, which just started on my chin and upper lip area....this is the only concealer that looks and matchs my skin the most and looks natural in daylight... Which is super important, especially since I have a skin condition and don't want to draw so much attention...
The way I apply is moisturize my skin ... And wait a few mins then I with clean fingers swirl over the product to warm it.. After that I tap on the product on the areas needed until it no longer is caky or ashy... Than I apply foundation all over my face and set with powder... It looks so amazing...
For me it's the best product ever.. Btw I apply the green corrector first, and then the darkest and medium color mixed... I'll post some pictures too... Also it lasts a long time so worth it...
But not everything works for everyone, if you need before after pictures I can provide them....when something works this good for me I would like it to work for everyone:))